main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Iron Man

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    The showtimes are up for Iron Man at the Metreon. What show are people thinking of seeing?

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Metreon showtimes (so far):

11:30 am, 2:30, 5:30, 8:30, 11:30

I'm not sure of my schedule yet, but if do I see it opening day, I'll have to see it in the morning or afternoon, cuz Dale, Kathy, and I have tickets to the DD concert that night in Concord. Otherwise, I'll see it sometime Saturday, and Sunday's out because I'll be at a Star Wars wedding. :D

I might even see it at the new all-digital theaters in San Bruno (Tanforan) if I don't see it at Metreon (the parking is FREE!).

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    So the new Century theaters may be a good place to see it...

4. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    tanforan is a pretty long drive for me. i'll just see it in my neck of the woods. prolly for the other movie blockbusters coming out this year.

5. docrichsgirl

docrichsgirl Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    I probably can't make it to San Francisco that weekend. But for those of you that live in the San Jose area, there is a group that is seeing Iron Man at Midnight on Thursday. I think that's when Richard and I will be going. (If you'd like to go with us, email me off-list.)

--Joan [face_blush]

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like Robert Downey, Jr. will be playing Tony Stark again....sort of. He'll reprise the character in a cameo appearance in The Incredible Hulk, later this summer. :)

7. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    So if they do an Avengers movie, which members will they include? I'm hoping for Captain America, Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Iron Man.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like the one and ONLY time Iron Man will be shown in IMAX is the midnight show on Thursday, May 1st at Metreon. I may just go to that one. :D

9. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    There's also an 8pm on the IMAX May 1st apparently. Got our tix for midnight though.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Talk about being in the right place at the right time - I was able to see an advance digital screening at Tanforan with the media present.

Wow! What a great way to start the summer! Robert Downey, Jr. is perfectly cast!

=D=

11. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hello my sweet friends!!!
    woooww! it's being a long time since I post here :p but I want to say that Iron man is a really great movie.
    I just saw it tonight. Before seeing it I had my doubts but Robert Downey Jr. is just perfect as Tony. I love the special effects & the Tony's little robot.Suprisely I like Gyneth Paltrow character. Ahhh! I wish I could see it on IMAX.
    GREAT MOVIE!!! This is a good way to start with the summer movies (here winter movies hoho) Let see how Speed RAcer, Hulk & Batman will be.

Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Don't forget to stay AFTER the end credits! ;)

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Forget trooper armor! I want that armor! Which is actually a Titanium alloy... AHHHH SO COOL!

14. docrichsgirl

docrichsgirl Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    Richard and I saw Iron Man at 9:00pm on Thursday night and we 'loved' it. Wow! Robert Downey, Jr. was perfect as Tony Stark, so funny! I loved all his improvising...And we cheered with what we saw 'after' the credits...We definately want to go see it again!

Also, I saw an interview with Robert Downey, Jr. during the week and he said the costume was made out of resin. (And sometimes he had problems seeing out of the mask.) And he was just as funny in the interviews as he was in the movie...

15. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i enjoyed ironman very much too!saw it at bay street emeryville amc, my usual movie theater that i patronize since parking is only $1 and matinee showings are $6. i think i'll see it again as well, this time on the digital screening at the same theater. after seeing the movie i read some of the history of IM on wikipedia since i went into the movie not knowing a thing about this marvel superhero.

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=real-life-iron-man-exoskeleton

partial quote:
    Japan's CYBERDYNE, Inc. is hoping to change that with a sleek, white exoskeleton now in the works that it says can augment the body's own strength or do the work of ailing (or missing) limbs. The company is confident enough in its new technology to have started construction on a new lab expected to mass-produce up to 500 robotic power suits...

Uhhhm, anybody else notice the irony in the company's name? And the exoskeleton is named HAL.[face_worried]

17. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    bububuubbu I couldnt stay until the end of the movie because here the movie theater stop the movie in the middle of the credits.... Ahhhh I was so pissed off. I couldn't see the "special finally" but I saw it on youtube... Sometimes I love youtube hahaha. Today I totally I gonna see it again & stay until the end & fight with the movie theater if they cut the credits again hahhaa.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and over $201 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

In a conference call this morning, Marvel Studios' David Maisel said that Iron Man 2 will be used to introduce Thor. Regarding more "Hulk" movies, Maisel said "We definitely plan on continuing." He added that development continues on Spider-Man 4. "I can't give any other updates other than to say it's in development and everybody's excited about 'Spider-Man 4,'" he said.

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

So to recap:

Iron Man 2 - April 30, 2010
    Thor - June 4, 2010
    The First Avenger: Captain America (working title) - May 6, 2011
    The Avengers - July 2011

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.3493.Marvel_Movies_Assemble%21

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Voyage of the Dawn Trader comes out in 2010 too... yay 2010! lol

Marvel has stock?! Darn could of bought some...

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep... gone up over 5 points in the last 5 days... Where's Kramer Mad Money when you need him?!

21. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    The first half of Deathly Hallows comes out at the end of 2010 also.

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    meh... 1st half... booooooooooo...........

23. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - Here is some info on a "real life" iron man suit:
    http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=real-life-iron-man-exoskeleton

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Robert posted that a couple days ago Dale. lol

hahaha Cyberdyne... oh wait that's kinda scary... [face_worried]

25. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I must say this movie surpassed my expectations. I thought it would be cheesy to be honest but I really enjoyed the story line and special effects. I'd like to see it again soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.