main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iron Man's Score

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Did anyone pick up this score? Ramin Djawadi did it. Pretty good. Nothing spectacular but I definitely look forward to seeing what music is done and expanded upon for the sequel.

2. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I just saw the movie this afternoon, and I really had a good time. I haven't seen a movie at the theaters since Sweeney Todd, so I probably would have been excited about anything, to be honest. :p

As for the score, I was rather pleased. Nothing spectacular, like you said, Conor, but it served its purpose. I'm actually running back through the score now and seeing if there's any particular track I want to download. I'll probably nab a couple just for kicks.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Truth be told, I didn't even notice the score. Which I guess is kinda good; it didn't take away from the movie at all. :)

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Not worth it. It worked pretty well in the film -- it complemented the film fine, and/but didn't stand out at all (up until it started sounding distractingly like King Arthur in the final scenes). On album it's not really worth. One of the MV-style scores with, to my ears, the least personality (although I've also seen reviews where the listeners liked Djawadi's spin on the MV sound, so it really is subjective). To me it's certainly not worth picking up -- far more interesting is Mark Griskey's score to the video game.

5. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    That's what I thought as well. The music score didn't overshadow anything. It actually complimented many of the scenes nicely by just blending in.

6. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    The score would probably be filed under Epic Rock or Epic Metal in my book. I wanted Iron Man to have more of a main theme instead of what seemed liked a couple of motives.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Something I was thinking about earlier, but might be worth its own thread, was that there seems to have been a decline in "main themes" in recent years

8. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    It was decent in the context of the film. Could have done without the heavy guitar use - it'll date the score (and the film) really quickly.

9. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    Musical wallpaper. Purely functional, but not worth a second stand alone listen.

10. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    It's fun driving music!

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Not as fun as Speed Racer!

12. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    The standard RC sound was serviceable as has already been mentioned, but I thought the rock sections were god awful. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against rock music, or rock based scores, but that was just bad. If they wanted that type of sound, they should have hired a musician who is skilled in that type of writing. If not a currently established composer, then take a chance -- like Johnny Greenwood on There Will Be Blood. Of course, corporate Hollywood doesn't really take chances does it?

Fairly good movie in spite of the score though!

I second that!

13. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Well, I'll have to confess, I'm sort of addicted to "Driving With the Top Down" at this point. It's just plain fun. If you're looking for just one track to get from the score, I've been having fun with this one. Although I can't specifically recall if the entire track was used during that particular scene, it's definitely played in its entirety through the end credits.

[face_whistling] Confession time over.

14. Cellist

Cellist Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2003
    Watching this movie made me realize how rare good film music is. There was nothing memorable about the music at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.