main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Irony: Vader/ Padme

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ExarKunPJ, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Whilst watching ROTS for the third time i noticed something strange at the end.

I found the following very ironic.

-Vader suffers dreadful injuries in which most people would not survive of on mustufar.
    -Padme is slightly force choked and doesn't receive a scratch.
    -Vader is taken away to a medical facilty as is Padme.
    -They are both being treat at exactly the same time.

The ironic bit is that the person who is injured beyond repair survives and the person who is most medically healthy dies. Also the way they show both of them alternatley really gives this strong sense of irony.

What do you think? Did any of you notice this as well?

Ps: I would have posted this in the ROTS forum having it been open for us to post in.

The forum moderators are periodically disabling the ability to start new threads in an effort to cut down on redundancy and spam. This is not permanent, and posts are enabled on a daily basis. If you wish to create a new thread, please be patient and wait for the post feature to be enabled, or take the time to use the search function or check back through the forum, because there is very likely already a thread discussing the very subject you wish to talk about.

If you do make a thread, please make sure your thread is clearly titled, because one reason redundant threads are frequently created is due to unclear or misleading titles.

Please do not choose instead to go into other forums to create threads. Just because you cannot start an original thread does not mean you can't post your thoughts here. There's always an existing thread that would be appropriate to add your thoughts to. If you're having trouble finding it, contact a mod and one of us will help you.

2. Darth_liquid

Darth_liquid Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    Good point. I loved the way it was played out though, both of them being treated at the same time but only one survives and he's the one who should have died. I suppose its destiny. Apparently Padme was shocked and she never thought that Anakin could do that and that is why she died.
    "SHES LOST THE WILL TO LIVE."

3. ExarKunPJ

Apr 14, 2005
    Yeh, that is most probably why she died.
    She had nothing to live for I suppose.

Allthough she was pregnant, I thought that would be enough of a will to live.
    But what do i know?

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Anakin derives strength from his love (for Padme) and hatred (for Obi-Wan, Palpatine, himself). I wonder if Anakin would've survived had he known Padme was dying.

5. ExarKunPJ

Apr 14, 2005
    That is an interesting question.
    he probably might have still survived jsut to get revenge against obi wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.