main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Irrational fears

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    All women should glance in the car before getting in.

teamhansolo likes this.
  2. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    He was around briefly during the late 80s/early 90s....was meant to appeal to adults and advertise McDonalds being open late. Basically he rode around on a flying piano while singing the praises of McDonalds to the tune of "Mack the Knife".

Though there is one noteworthy thing about him....he was played by creature performer Doug Jones.
    [​IMG]
    AKA the guy behind every creepy crawly in every Guillermo Del Toro movie.

3. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Spiders, heights, and most insects are the big ones. I know those are common phobias and even primal fears to an extent, but that doesn't make them any less irrational since the likelihood of anything bad happening to me because of them is slim to none.

I also have a similar one to Kyle Katarn. When I was a kid I watched an episode of Goosebumps where a girl was scaring her little brother by making up a monster called the "Toe Biter" who grabbed and ate your toes when you dangled bare feet over the bed or walked barefoot near some bushes or something. It was a little throwaway idea that had nothing to do with the plot of the episode at hand but the concept has always stayed with me and to this day I feel a slight sense of anxiety when I put my feet on the floor when sitting on my bed. Ugh.

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I have to join the legit "I don't have any irrational fears" camp. I don't even really have any normal fears, other than I guess general caution at night in urban areas. But mostly I'm extremely difficult to frighten or shake up. I tend to look at actual risks and consider them before I ever let my imagination run wild. This could either mean that I'm just a severely rational person or that I have no soul. Probably the latter.

The end result of this is that no matter where I go or what group of people I'm with - males or females, all ages, nationalities and creeds - I always wind up having to kill/get rid of a spider while some fools cower in terror from a tiny creature that is causing them no harm and in fact only doing them the favor of getting rid of flies and ants for them. smh

5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Tom's post reminded me that I do have irrational fears!
    1. Leaving the stove, iron, coffee maker, etc. on. I will go back into the house after checking that everything was off before leaving. We drove to Colorado for vacation one time and I was both positive that I had left the iron on and that it was just a paranoid fear.
    2. Even though I know no one's in the house, I will have to check it to make sure. I don't get that one very often anymore but when it happens I have to do the rounds.

soitscometothis likes this.
  6. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

Then hury quickly home! To do the ironing and make sammiches.

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    How does on check a trunk through the window? Do you have an all glass trunk? A see-through back seat?

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm so proud of you, Wocky. I never would have guessed that you were even familiar with the newfangled and confusing concept of trunks.

teamhansolo and ma_petite like this.
  9. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    h
    I can see in my trunk through my back window...

teamhansolo and Juliet316 like this.
  10. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    ****ing furries. :mad:

11. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Haha what I do is get into the car and lock the doors before doing anything else. I'm paranoid that a carjacker might suddenly get into the car and force me to drive away at gunpoint :p

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't like going into coffee shops and sitting with my back to the door. I'm afraid some knife wielding assassin will come in and sneak up behind me.

teamhansolo, Arawn_Fenn and ma_petite like this.
  13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Phobias. Phobias freak the hell out of me.

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think this forum is full of accounts run by a god-like creature pretending to have a discussion with itself, and all the accounts are fake except your own.
    Also, I'm afraid a snake might come up through the toilet while doing my business.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Mods. There is nothing worse. :p

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    @mods Please merge this thread to the mental illness thread and ban tony so he finally can go to hell.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  17. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    nvm

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I am the same. Ditto pretty much anyone in my family which drives my wife nuts but were a bunch of Italians who know all too well what can happen with your back turn at a resturant.

Sarge likes this.
  19. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    [​IMG]

20. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Dentists. A hygenist once injected my gums three times intending to do a mega clean and the adrenalin sent my heart rate up to 180. I couldn't feel my legs and ended up in hospital. Since that day I genuinely hate going. Fortunately, I'm British so wonky teeth are essential.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Sarge like this.
  21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't know if I have any currently, but as a kid, there was one: when visiting my grandparents in Florida, we would drive down one street and there was this one tree that looked scary to me. I would close my eyes until we had passed it.

The thing was, it was just an ordinary tree and not like the ones made to be scary looking in the scene from Snow White.

How's that for irrational?

teamhansolo likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    No. I think it may have been the size itself.

Like I said, it was an irrational fear for me at that age. :)

teamhansolo likes this.
  24. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    Does death count as "irrational"? I'm terrified of dying. Like, terrified.

Rew and Juliet316 like this.
  25. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Spiders on my butthole. Yeesh.