main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is a Jedi capable of Midichlorian Manipulation?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by The Sith Camp, May 26, 2015.

1. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    I came to wondering in the concepts of Immortality in SW; you can either:

1.) Be One with the Force ... and with extra love and compassion you get to perhaps be a Force Ghost at times ...
    2.) Essence Transfer - so 'dying' and 'reborn' in a painful way in fresh clone bodies ...
    3.) Absolute nasty Sith despair and pain - like Darth Sion or perhaps even being a 'Wound in the Force' somewhat like Darth Nihilus ...
    4.) Bind yourself to an artifact and hope centuries or millennials later some unfortunate brave soul activates it ...
    5.) Midichlorian Manipulation ... courtesy of Darth Plagueis's scholarly works ...

But I came to wondering where Palpatine claimed 'not from a Jedi' this Power of Midichlorian Manipulation one cannot learn from that 'to cheat Death is a Secret that only One has ever Achieved...' inferring to Darth Plagueis but given how Qui-Gon Jinn explained selflessness, caring, compassion and love are the key to Immortality - not selfishness and greed and violence that the Sith are always enriched in - and how Sith are afraid of physical Death... BUT could a JEDI for the matter develop Midichlorian Manipulation but use it in a more 'peaceful' way no doubt? Given if how Jedi can use certain Force-Powers that are usually frowned upon yet that Sith willingly employ (e.g. Force Scream, Force Rage, Force Crush, Force Lightning, Form VII Vaapad) but a Jedi of strong will and compassion and skill can use certain Powers of the Force for good ... could that be plausible and workable? Given well minus the fact you subject an individual to a Doomsday-Superman like torture of endless agony and 'deaths' multiple times ...

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Je'daii (the Jedi's predecessors in the Dawn of the Jedi comics) used the same kind of alchemy as the Sith despite being "balanced" - neither pure light nor pure dark - I could see some of them at least experimenting along those lines.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    My opinion is that they could, but that they stay away from it because it's a dark side mindset. Anakin seems to think he can learn it without becoming a Sith. If manipulating the force is of the dark side the Jedi are already doing it to a small degree with their force pushed and levitations (but even that is frowned upon unless necessary).

jakobitis89 likes this.
  4. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

Hmm - True - I see and agree with what you mean - but surely it is possible to 'turn a weapon or Power of the Dark Side' into a 'tool of the Light' eh? Look at Mace Windu's Vaapad where he was practically the only one to master it as a Jedi Master whereas many whom tried it would succumb to it ... unless ofc you were already a Sith Lord ... and how Cade Skywalker managed to use Dark Transfer to heal even though it was somewhat of a Dark Side nature ... and he didn't downright succumb to the Dark Side nature ...or ofc Electric Judgement ... a Powerful facsimile of Force Lightning ...

5. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    I thinking P.O.S. is probably on the right lines... theoretically possible but frowned upon as it's hard to think of truly altruistic purposes for it.

6. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    The Jedi probably just considers it too risky, but if like Mace you feel you can handle it they don't appear to want to stop him. Qui Gon is another who goes his own ways, and Luke uses force choke in ROTJ.

Iron_lord and jakobitis89 like this.
  7. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    I assume it's technically possible for a jedi to learn, but not something the Jedi Order of the clone war era would allow it's members to engage in. So when Palpatine says "not from a Jedi" I assume he's referring to the contemporary Jedi Order rather than Jedi in some universal sense.

enigmaticjedi and Iron_lord like this.
  8. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    It might be theoretically possible, but I think it would be difficult to put into practice. The Jedi believed in letting the force flow through them to help them protect others; they did not seek to control it anymore than necessary.

This controlling mindset could blur the lines between Jedi and Sith.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    becoming one with force is the opposite of midi manipulation. plagueis could manipulate the midis which is against nature. the jedi commune with them to become a spirit. controlling them is wrong and unnatural.

10. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015

True, very true - but I was just wondering then really still - if the fact some Jedi Masters were able to employ Powers normally employed by Sith or Dark Side users ... BUT without falling into the Dark Side ... - well Mace Windu's Vaapad Form VII, Luke's Electric Judgement, and to an extent - if you think Master Yoda able to apply Tutaminis on Sith Lightning...

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    e.u.