main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Is Anakin really ever a Jedi?

Discussion in 'Augusta, GA' started by Malz4JESUS, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    "You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me." - Luke Skywalker

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Can we say that Anakin was ever really a Jedi? He learned the Jedi ways, yeah, but [hl=blue]in the ROTS novel he starts to not want to be in the Order and says he's never fit in or believed in everything a Jedi believes. If you don't believe in the basic Jedi principles, how can you be a Jedi?[/hl]...he was never really a Jedi until Luke saved him...he never truly believed in the Jedi principles until that point, self-sacrificing, selfless care for another human being; even knowing and accepting that he could (and did) die.

What do y'all think?

2. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    I see you're point, but I look at it like this. *Not anymore spoilers than Malz's post* [hl=orange]Anakin was given the rank of Jedi knight, and as far as obi-wan knew, Anakin considered himself a Jedi. So when old Ben told Luke about his father he would have said he was a Jedi. I think that was more a lack of knowledge on Luke's part.[/hl]

3. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, that's true. Interesting topic though if you read ROTS.

4. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Have you finished the Novel?

5. SoyTuPadre

SoyTuPadre Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2002
    I'm almost through...haven't gotten to the duel yet

Have your read the whole thing yet?

I'm so excited about the movie now...I'm gonna have a geek-attack at the theater waiting... :p

6. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    I've finished and was starting it again when my friend took it back.

It's funny how effective that book was. I was reading it wondering if Characters like Obi-wan, Yoda, Anakin, and Palpatine were going to survive. But then I was like oh yeah classic trilogy. :p

I was scared when I was reading the book, but then I found out it was ok *Spoiler* [hl=orange] The Whole Yoda Kashyyyk sequence was only cut short for the book. We still get to see Chewie in the Film, kickbutt along side the Muppet Master.[/hl]

7. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    I'm done reading it...WOW! The movie is going to be so awesome!

I was worried about that too Joey! I was wondering what happened...where'd you hear that from?

LOL, I kinda did that too...when

*spoilers*

[hl=blue]Order 66 was executed and Cody attacked Obi-Wan! The way it implied most every other Jedi failed to survive Order 66, I kinda got worried![/hl]

8. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    I read it over in TF.N's book page. They had a summary of an interview with Matthew Woodring Stover during C3. He did because of the fact that-- [hl=green] The Yoda/Wookiee Sequence didn't really add to the overall story of Anakin's Convertion[/hl]

9. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Ohhh...that's weird that they didn't include it though...I can't wait to see that! I wonder if the children's book is written any differently?

10. LordJoda-181

Mar 8, 2004
    Probably, I don't know. But the kids story usually follows the movie pretty close. the Novel has more themes based writing.

11. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    True. I'll have to borrow my nephew's book :D

12. blueeyedjess

blueeyedjess Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Got it on audiobook, but haven't listned yet. Niv is about 1/2 way through it.

I would suppose that because Ani never made it to Master status, he could be considered "not quite a jedi", but maybe Uncle Georga didn't think that through.. :p

13. Darth_Nivuahc

Darth_Nivuahc Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Ani became a Jedi when he had his braid cut off.

He wasn't a Jedi "Master" though

That's why he tells Obi in ANH "When last we met, I was but a learner, blah, blah, blah"

He was a Jedi. He was not a Jedi Master.

Case closed.

And if you've never listened to an audiobook in your life, I highly, highly, highly recommend listening to ROTS.

14. Malz4JESUS

Apr 12, 2002
    Ooooh, I've heard it was great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.