Is Anakin really more powerful than Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by brook_33, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farrellg Force Ghost

star 4
    George Lucas said that Anakin was more powerful but he probilly meant he was more powerful in force power, force power and lightsaber skills are two diffrent things. If a jedi is more powerful in terms of force power then that does not make them better swordfighters because swordfighting and force power are two diffrent things. Nick Gillard ranked Anakin a level 8 in the begening of the movie but he got to level 9 when he turned to the dark side Nick Gillard said that if a jedi gets to level 9 too fast then they will mess up. Palpatine maybe could win because Anakin does not think to clearly but I am not sure.

Force powers affect your lightsaber skills. Yoda and the Emperor are both especially strong in the Force and are ranked at the highest lightsaber level. Yoda can hardly move without the Force, but is very fast when he taps into his powers.

It makes sense that Anakin would be a better swordsman than Obi-Wan if he's "more powerful". That's why Anakin had Obi-Wan on the defensive for most of the fight. Anakin didn't perform any impressive Force feats on Obi-Wan, so I think his superior power comes primarily from lightsaber skills. All of Gillard's rankings are perfectly consistent with how the fights onscreen play out.
  2. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4

Yoda can walk without using the force, Yoda uses the force to move very fast and to jump very high, Anakins force power do not come from his lightsaber skills they come from his high midichorian count. Having higher force power does not make a jedi the better swordsman because the force has no effect on lightsaber skills. On the offical site it sayes that Nick Gillard ranked Obi-wan an 8 and he sayes level 8 is the level that Anakin starts but he jumps to level 9 and on the DVD it sayes that the diffrence between level 8 and level 9 is "really the dark side" and he sayes that if a jedi gets to level 9 too fast they are going to mess up. Obi-wan was on the defensive the who time because he is a defensive master and Yoda sayes that a jedi uses defence "never for attack. Anakin could have more force power then the Emperor but Anakin Anakin can not use all of his power because he was still to young and he was still learning.
  3. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4

Also one of the reasons Anakin lost to Obi-wan because Obi-wan has years more experiance then Anakin.

I agree,:D Palpatine is not unbeatable because Mace did beat Palpatine fair and square.
  4. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    Show of hands who thinks the Emperor is stronger that Anakin.

i do
  5. Darkwish Jedi Master

star 4
  6. vadersmyfather Jedi Knight

star 1
    " So his ability to be twice as good as the Emperor disappeared, and now he?s maybe 20 percent less than the Emperor. "

--George Lucas, quoted in J. Windolf, ?Star Wars: The Last Battle,? Vanity Fair, 2005

Can I put my hand up for Lucas to say Sidious is more powerful...how many votes is he worth ? ;)
  7. DarthJedi06 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anakin obviously never reached his max potential, but by ROTS i think he is maybe half way there. Anakin is kind of a brute all power not much experience and doesnt use great tactics during battle relying on strength. Sidious is more calm and calculating makes far better choices and primarily relies on experience and knowledge. Anakin might be stronger but Sidious is far more experienced, knowledgable, and is less prone to making mistakes while fighting. In my books Sidious beats Anakin but anakin is capable of winning if he keep a cool head.
  8. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    truly great post =D= anakin might have been halfway to his 100% but as mustafar proved power doesnt always equate victory so without a clear mind his odds against sidious are not good.
  9. DarthJedi06 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thats my point, Anakin might have the power to single handedly defeat anyone in ROTS but power alone does not a victor make.
  10. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
  11. brook_33 Jedi Master

star 4
    Especially when one overestimates his ability.
  12. ZingerBear Jedi Padawan

I agree.
  13. COMMANDER76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sidious would own Anakin semi-easily.

Anakin can only last against Sidious in lightsaber skills alone, but he is dwarfed in experience/wisdom/force powers.

Kenobi held smaller advantages over Anakin in experience and wisdom....and look how that fight ended.
  14. Sith_UK Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anakins power makes him a more than a match for anyone including Palpatine, but experience counts for so much more raw power as it allows you to use power efficiently. We see this in the final conflict, Anakin jumps over Obi-wan but it was Obi-wan himself who did the same thing against Maul.... so he is wise to know what Anaking is thinking, hence the warning before Anakin jumps. Obi-wan is defending all the time but he doesn't want use up to much energy attacking and he doesn't want to kill his friend , that's why he doesn't finish him off.

Darth Vader (pre-suit) would have been hugely more powerful than Sidious if he hadn't had been injured, but it was his inexperience that failed him not his power.
  15. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    its good to see ya again master C76 OTORS [:D]

16. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4

force powers of course. he feared that luke could become too powerful. i dont know what you mean by mind powers ? from the emperor's POV (as well as the jedi's) there was no turning back for vader so he clearly feared luke's potential to become all powerful
  17. Chosen_One1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent, I agree. This thread only asks about power, not wheather Anakin would win or not.
  18. arbed Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    To answer the question of the thread - I don't think he is, especially after Vaderkin is put in the suit. Palps is the most powerful Sith/Force user, until Vader catches him off-guard and tosses him down the shaft.
  19. Migel_Vos Jedi Padawan

In the new Vader book Emperor said himself that Anakin was created from the force and more powerful than any other jedi, Sith.
  20. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Someday he would have been.
  21. yoshifett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry for the double-post, but I had to address this - force powers have no effect on lightsaber skills? You've gotta be kidding, right? I hope.
  22. Obi_Frans Jedi Master

star 4
    Exactly

If forcepowers had no effect on ls-skills then how does one explain Yoda?

Jar Jar would squash him if this theory was true
  23. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    what's the point of power if you cant win ?? [face_tired] i rather be obi wan who is less powerful but doesnt fry like burnt toast at the end of the day
  24. Obi-Wan-1000 Force Ghost

star 4

That is not what I mean, What I mean is a jedi having more force power does not make him the better swordfighter, As long as a jedi has enough force power his lightsaber skills can be as good the one that is a little stonger especially if that jedi has more experiance using a lightsaber.
  25. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    That is not what I mean, What I mean is a jedi having more force power does not make him the better swordfighter, As long as a jedi has enough force power his lightsaber skills can be as good the one that is a little stonger especially if that jedi has more experiance using a lightsaber.

i understood waht you meant but can you provide an example ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.