main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Anakin really more powerful than Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by brook_33, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

Here are some examples

The Emperor is supposed to be the most powerful but Mace and Yoda were able to match him.

In the Obi-wan vs Anakin duel Anakin was supposed to be the more powerful but Obi-wan was able to block his attacks real fast.

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    the emperor is not more powerful than mace and yoda,he is only equal,its only natural that he loses to one and defeats the other.

i had forgotten about obi wan/anakin, sorry [face_peace]

3. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

Its o.k[:D]

4. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    its ok icestar :)i just dont know how could have i forget about them :D

5. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    the emperor is not more powerful than mace and yoda,he is only equal

I think the Emperor is supposed to be more powerful than Yoda and Mace because Gillard said the Emperor is "better" than Yoda, Lucas said the dark side is stronger, and McCallum said the Emperor has gotta be even more powerful than the Jedi.

6. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i dont see the emperor as much more powerful than mace/yoda onscreen so for me those quotes mean nothing. dont get me wrong, i believe in GL's quotes but when they are consistent with what i see onscreen but if he tells me that 3PO could defeat obi wan or that anakin is a girl or that anakin wasnt in pain when burning then i will obviously not believe him

7. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    Palpatine lost to Mace, so Palptatine isn't exactly unbeatable either.

again with the same nonsense...*sigh* check all of my 4500 posts,in none of them you will see " the emperor is almighty and everybody bows to him" but he has a much better record in fights and he certainly showed more power than anakin..all i saw anakin doing was move his lightsaber really fast and not one force move(only a push that is countered by obi wan who is suposed to be much weaker but after seeing ROTS maybe he isnt) and not even with a lightsaber he could subdue obi wan

8. the_unknowable_jedi

the_unknowable_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 17, 2005
    Brook_33, i completely agree with you. Anakin would have never able to defeat Palpatine in ROTS. that was his arrogance saying that he could overthrow and defeat Palpatine. maybe many years after he became darth vader could he defeat Palpatine.

9. Darth_Maledict

Darth_Maledict Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2005
    Anakin was twice as powerful, but after his injuries was only at 80% of Palpatine's ability. Be aware that Anakin was still learning, but Palpatine had realised his own potential.

10. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    No in ROTS i think Vader, pre suit could have and would have taken out Sidious. Only Kenobi his former master who trained him could withstand Anakin.

11. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    Anakin certainly wasn't twice as powerful as the Emperor during ROTS. That is how strong he would have eventually become if he wasn't injured. Someone twice as strong as the Emperor would never lose to Obi-Wan, not matter how emotional he is.

The OS says the Emperor is the most powerful dark side practicioner. Lucas referred to the Emperor as the "toughest" in regards to his duel with Yoda. McDiarmid said that his character is "much more powerful" than Anakin. According to Master Replicas, the Emperor and Yoda are the "greatest wizards of the Force in the galaxy".Yoda sent Obi-Wan to fight Anakin, meaning he considers the Emperor the stronger of the two. Obi-Wan can fight Anakin because of his experience, but can't even compete with the Emperor. The Emperor said "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us", meaning he isn't as strong yet.

12. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    Yoda sent Kenobi to fight Anakin b/c he knew that young Anakin would have emotions fighting him and Kenobi was fairly familar with him, After seeing Yoda fight Dooku and Anakin completly take him apart i do not think even Yoda could have withstood Anakin in a saber fight.

13. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    Yoda sent Obi-Wan to fight Anakin because Anakin is much less powerful than the Emperor. Obi-Wan has a chance at beating Anakin because he's more experienced. However, the gap in power between the Emperor and Obi-Wan is so extreme that Obi-Wan doesn't even have a chance at winning.

14. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    he had a chance of beating Anakin b/c he trained him and Anakin could give a about any jedi except Kenobi, and i do not know how you think theres a gap between Anakin and DS or Yoda, neither one of them could have beat Dooku like that. "You have to be Yoda or Mace to Compete with DS, Anakin could have beat him."

15. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    Anakin could have only beat the Emperor in the future, not at the time of ROTS. That's why the OS said the Emperor is the most powerful practicioner of the dark side, Lucas called the Emperor the "toughest", and McDiarmid said his character is "much more powerful" than Anakin.

The Emperor displayed better lightsaber skills than Anakin. He killed the first two Jedi in one move each. Anakin wasn't able to do this with the Jedi in the Temple. In the hologram, Anakin is fighting two Jedi, one at a time. Both of them block at least two strikes. The OS and novel say Mace's posse are three of the best swordsmen the Jedi Order ever produced, so the Jedi left in the Temple must be inferior. Anakin couldn't even kill inferior Jedi as easily as the Emperor did.

16. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    The OS also says Dooku could best Mace which im sure he could, and i don't know how you can base this on that 1 second hologram of Anakin fighting Cin while choking a padawan. And DS in ROTS certainly did not look as good with the sword as Anakin to me. Anakin was a level 9 and so was DS, and he has been called many times including the novel the most powerful jedi ever, and those emotions were not there when he fought Dooku, only Kenobi. Sidious would have gotten killed.

17. farrellg

Mar 17, 2005
    The OS also says Dooku could best Mace which im sure he could, and i don't know how you can base this on that 1 second hologram of Anakin fighting Cin while choking a padawan.

It talks about Dooku besting Mace in the EU section, so it doesn't apply to the films. Yoda's databank entry for the films says that the Emperor is the most powerful practicioner of the dark side.

Anakin didn't kill the two Jedi in the hologram as easily as the Emperor killed the posse. He didn't kill the padawan or the instructor with one move. This means he's slower than the Emperor if he doesn't slay opponents as quickly.

18. ZamWesell44

Sep 13, 2003
    yeah hes slower than Sidious[face_laugh] , and even if he was speed is not that important, Dooku was not as quick as Maul, and who would have won if they fought? Doesn't the novel say Anakin was the most powerful jedi ever?

19. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005

But Dooku is more experianced then Mace, There is not much information on Dooku's fighting skills,

Mace's posse were probilly stronger then the jedi at the temple but they are not stronger then Obi-wan and Anakin, the first two of Mace's posse were just standing there without fighting, Kit Fist was the only one defending himself.

20. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Maul and Dooku are probably matched in saber skills. Maul is fast and uses two blades at once, but Dooku is more efficient. I guess the difference is Dooku is more powerful in the force, or at least it would seem from the films.

21. DJ-Jedi

DJ-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005
    Anakin is not more powerful than the Emperor, Mace and Yoda by the time of ROTS

22. DJ-Jedi

DJ-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2005

=D= =D=

23. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I still believe that Palpatine is equal to Yoda and greater than Mace, and just faked his defeat for Anakin's sake. But let's not start a new Palpatine vs Mace thread.

24. haydenlover92

haydenlover92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2005
    yeah anikin is more powerful even Palpatine says so.

25. GrievousKiller

GrievousKiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    everyone has to remember those Nick Gillard quotes: u know like this:
    anakin, yoda, mace, and sidious are all 9s
    and he says kenobi is an 8
    Anakin was supposed to be more powerful that Sids but, he was screwed by kenobi and wasnt as powerful as he should been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.