main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO Is anybody in here?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jjas, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjas

jjas Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    First post. Nobody around...just me...alone.

2. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    We're all in sorrow over our Chiefs.

Tenorjedi checking in!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. DiscoLando

DiscoLando Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2000
    Awww, who cares about the Chiefs when we've got the Royals here...football is to sports what Star Trek is to sci-fi.

4. hoth-nudist

hoth-nudist Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    hey hey hey! Whats up KC. Im from the Springfield MO. section. Looks like both of our sections have about the same number of posts. I'm a huge royals fan and I root for the chiefs but I dont get my hopes to high for them. They need a running back that is strong with the force. Are there any collectors here? Dont be a stranger and drop by the springfield section for a post or two.

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I know this is cliche' by now, but

WHAASAAAAAAAAAAAAPP!!!!

6. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    What up JM? How about this snow? I called off yesterday so I had to scrape this morning. And PLEASE people, if you're going to drive 20 mph, stay in the right lane. Thank you, that is all.

7. dogstar

dogstar Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 1999
    Wow! I haven't been on the boards in a long, long time. Cool changes. :)

Hey y'all! Do we get to discuss EP2 on this board? Or is this more of a misc. area?

If Misc:
    Crazy snow. I'm from up north of the KC area. We had that horrible I29 accident last year, so yesterday and today were nerve wracking for me. I have to pass that area to go to work. All I could think about is what if a semi jack knifed in front of me?Yeah baby, I'm a slow driver in this mess, but I do stay on the right side, though! :p

If EP2:
    Waazup with the rainstorm in EP2? Is it a fight in the rain on a planet? Is it a fight under one of Naboo's many waterfalls?

8. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I'm not sure about the fanforce rules. I know you could always go to EPII SA. I'm not up on my spoilers so I don't remember if the rain battle is true or not.

On the snow:
    I was on my way to work and stupid people were blocking all 3 lanes going 25 in a 65! 470 was clear this morning, too. I'm all for caution but there was no need for that.

I feel sorry for anyone caught in the traffic though. 470 going into the triangle was backed up to Coulbern Rd. And I-70 blocked off, that's just crazy.

9. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Monday I didn't get out of the house until 6:10, and I was supposed to be at work at 6am. My uber-scraper BROKE after scraping away at one window for about 20 min. There was a loud scream of ****!!!! Heard by all that morning, I can assure you :-O

Today was a good time, too. Much fishtailing on the highway. I actually got up to 50mph! oooooooooh! You guys are right though, if you wanna creep along, stay in the right lane! And driving an SUV does NOT make you invulnerable! Four-wheel drive is insignificant next to the power of ice.
    *Okies, I'll get off my soapbox now*

10. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Oh so that's what it was, I thought my neighbor had Terets(sp) syndrome.

Yeah I was lucky to make it to work today. 470 was a mess. 3 lanes being used as 2, with no lines visable. I should have stayed home. And it's not getting any better out there.

11. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    That's right! You get to drive through the Bermuda *cough* I mean Grandview Triangle every day.

12. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Yeah it's fun

Check this one out

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1479477&replies=7

13. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    that's a good one

14. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Hey Skidder! I didn't know you were from KC! Whereabouts? I live in Midtown, right between the Plaza, Westport, & the Nelson.

15. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I was on Kansas City to see my girl last week. :)
    Nice place!

16. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Yeah, I like it here!

17. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I saw the Plaza, Lincoln Memorial, and the KC Chiefs American football match, although I nearly froze to death at it. You might have seen me, I was the guy who was wearing the Broncos hat because I was so damn cold!

18. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I've had to go down to the plaza for the past 6 days because my wife's grandpa had a 4 bypass at St. Lukes. I usually go to the plaza like twice a year, now I'm going daily. At least with the cold, traffic hasn't been terrible.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Man, it is colder than a witch's- oh...hey...wait...those aren't cold at all. Those are actually pretty warm & snuggly...

20. jjas

jjas Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    Merry Christmas..o-wait it's over. Oh well, Merry Christmas anyway.

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Proof Positive that 4WD does NOT = Road Godhood:

On I-35 south this a.m., a Jeep Grand Bombad went slip-sliding away FOR NO REASON. There weren't any other vehicles nearby, and the guy wasn't going particularly fast (45 or so) I was going faster and evaded the guy with little difficulty in my VW Golf. The Jeep did at least a 360 and slid though several lanes before coming to a stop on the shoulder. No impact with anybody, but it was kinda like all the ships veering away from the Death Star in RotJ.

22. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Actually I'm quite far from Kansas City - but you know how it is, you got post somewhere - so you breakout the map, the ruler and compass and start posting close to home

23. teekayfourtwoone

teekayfourtwoone Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2000
    I'm here too, just waiting for the cold to go away.

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Yay! Warm weather is returning. It looks like the laws of nature will hold true. The weather is always sunny & warm for my birthday (Jan 30th)

25. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Well just don't hurt your fingers, crossing them so long

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.