main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone attempting to model the new Ep3 badguy?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Rebel Scumb, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    This is Simcloth, it's free, very easy to use, and you can find it on most CG community site that have a plugin section

2. Darth_Steven

Darth_Steven Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    Simcloth? I've never heard of it....does it work with Max 5.1 ?

3. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    Just wanted to pop in and say excellent work from all of you. Darth Steven, the head you have going for Grevious is simply incredible (I actually set it as my home page so I can always check for updates), and I can't wait to see what you're final product ends up being.

I too would like Grevious to perhaps make a cameo in a fan-film a few friends and I want to make, since it takes place during the Clone Wars (although you'd have to use some imagination, since we're all teens...), and I always thought Grevious would make a cool person to be in it, but I didn't think it would be possible... Anyhow, I am currently working on various specifics on the plot, but the broad picture is that a few Jedi recieve a call for help from a planet that is under attack from the Seperatists, and when they get there, no one is there, the get attacked by a saber-wielding Mandolorian, stuff happens, there's a revelation (not gonna say now... wait for the film in oh, say... three years, lol), and some sort of Sith character pretty much wipes them out, and, well, I think Grevious would be good to fill in the role of the Sith character (Jedi killing, yum, yum).

Anyhow, I ranted on long enough, excellent work Darth Steven, and whoever was making the arm (sorry... I'm ashamed that I forgot your name...), and keep it up,
    Saju

4. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Simcloth is really good. I've worked with it before, and I'm pretty sure it works in Max 5.1. I think I worked with it in 4.2 but I don't remember...

5. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    I thought simcloth was for 3dmax 5...because files that had it didn't work with 4.2. Anyways nevermind that Steve just concentrate on you you progress!!!!
    and keep up the good work.
    ~Rory

6. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    I know this is a pain in the @$$ but can someone post a link to simcloth in here...I'm interested in downloading it if will help the model.

Later
    Steve

7. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
  8. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    Thanks for the link PapaFett...I'll be sure to try it out!

Just a quick note I've worked on the neck a bit...going to start working on the rest of it tomorrow if all goes well...

Later
    Steve

ps: Added a model turn animation test.

click here and go to the bottom of the page

9. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Ok....I've just finished up on the neck of the General down to that little collar thing....its slightly less detailled than i was hoping for but I may fix that up in the future.....and i've emailed it

the next thing i plan on doing is finishing the upper arm and then working on the shoulders and from there the chest...then i have to connect it to the partially done lower torso........so yeh.....its coming along nicely.

laterz

10. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    Wow... the rotating head is awesome, excellent work Darth Steven, is there anything left to do on the head?

11. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow ...very cool Steve. This could be one of the 1st models to be complete before the movie comes out.(right?)
    Keep it up Steve.

~Rory Cejas

12. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    can't wait to see your new update Robo_obi, and I love the rotating head Darth_Steven!

13. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    robo I haven't recieved it.I have Yahoo mail they only can take so much at a time. send 1 per e-mail.
    ~Rory

14. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    that rotating head is great :) this model is really starting to look awesome :)

15. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    there was only one picture in the email

16. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    it must go to my bulk mail then...and I have a nasty habit of erasing my bulk mail before even reading it.please send it agin...oh and Steve keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

~Rory

17. robo_obi

Mar 15, 2002
    ok its sent again it's subject is

fw:grevious update

18. Darth_Steven

Jul 14, 2002
    Starting to rough in the neck click the link below to peek....Attempted some modeling with nurbs....Have no clue how to make them work properly but it turned out kinda okay....

roughing in the neck

Later
    Steve

19. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    Ok guys here is Robo obi's update on GG
    [image=http://www.solid-roc.com/gg10.gif]

Looks good

~Rory

20. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Darth_Steven: you continue to impress, the next looks great! I like how you captured the evilness in his eyes and looking at the rotating head again everything seems to be in the right place. This is going to be such a kickass model when its done.

Robo_Obi: Yours is also quite good. I'm probably in the minority but I really like the way these untextured models have a really "plastic" look to them, thats the best way I can explain it. Those arms you did look like a photo of an action figure, they don't look like CGI, they look very solid. I noticed the same thing with the AT-TE model thats up at the scifi3d site.

Its awesome that you guys both have the head at almost the exact same stage, is there anyway someone can post a comparison of the two heads side by side and from the same angle?

21. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    The second one has something about the face that doesn't look right. It looks like you have a good start for the neck on the first one.

22. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    well Robo_obi's still needs the "stitched" mouth and some of the smaller facial details that Darth_steven's has, but I like the small ridged depressions he made to the head fins.

The expression in the eyes looks a little too benevolent at this point as well.

Just some constructive critism R_O, I think it looks great, and I know the finished product for both will be amazing :)

23. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I like robo's more, it just needs the right texturing, that is why all of the items he has done looks fake, if they had the right textures to them, I think that it would be far superior, but Steven's take on him is cool too :)

24. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    see I'm of the opinion (perhaps unpopular) that it looks better untextured, it looks more tangible. Right now I have Robo_obi's GG head as my desk top and it looks like I could reach right into my monitor and touch it. IMHO it looks more tangible then most of the CG in the actual SW movies, or any movie for that matter, I looks kind of like plastic, but I like that.

25. _-Darth_Greek-_

_-Darth_Greek-_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2003
    lol im still going through the blender tutorials and i cant even make a damn castle, so maybe by the end of the summer i can maybe make an ISD:p

hey
    u two, those are kickass models. Keep up the great work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.