main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Is anyone else excited about the Sacramento Kings?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I drove down to the game against Golden State in Oakland last night. It was a blast, -and we're going to win the Division, baby!! :D

2. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Sweeeeeeet. :)

3. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Wow, that game got a little close at the end. I am totally excited about the Kings! My father in-law has season tickets with really close seats and he takes me every couple of games. It has been tough to miss some good games because of filming the fan-film, but hay we must keep our priorities, right?

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    My sister that lives in Davis is a HUGE FRIGGIN' Kings fan. She aquired season tix last year and swears it's the best investment she's made. She has the feeling they're going all the way.'Course, I'm from Chicago and stuck here with the Bulls!!(insert joke here) :p

Mark
    Chicago Force

5. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Well your sister and Crutag are very lucky. A friend of mine with them says he nearly made money with his tickets. He saw all the regular season games then sold all the post season games he qualified to buy. He nearly covered his tickets for the whole season!

There were definitely more purple shirts and jerseys from Sacramento than Golden State. At the end of the game, we all broke out into a "Beat LA!" chant. Next year when I again have trouble getting tickets, I think I'll buy another game or two at Golden State. It was just a little over an hour's drive.

6. Bryan2306

Bryan2306 Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    Yesterday I was in a Sac area Burger King (Auburn near Madison) and someone had wrote "Go Kings" on the carboard stand-up of Shaq they had in there. Really cool.

Even though I dont live in Sac yet, I'm catching Kings fever I guess.

7. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Umm, go Lakers.

:D

8. Elvish_Jedi

Elvish_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    heh heh... YEAH! GO KINGS!... heh heh... sweet...

9. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    WATCH IT, bright sith. ;)

10. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    bright sith?? Tell me you're joking! How pathetic is it to be a Lakers fan. It's so boring, so easy, -thoroughly unrewarding. They play such boring basketball. Kobe, Shaq, Kobe, Shaq, Kobe, *yawn!*, Shaq.

11. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Kobe's overrated and Shaq's just big. [face_plain]

12. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Kings game on now! yeah! GO KINGS GO KINGS GO KINGS! yeah~!

13. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    That was fun, number one!

14. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    Yeah, I know the Lake show is hated around here, you don't have to tell me. But seriously, I hate when other fans try to dismiss them. I've been a Laker fan all my life (well, I am from LA), but I don't hesitate to acknowledge the brilliance of other teams. If you think Kobe and Shaq are overrated, so be it; but they are two of the most amazing players, ever. And oh, don't complain about Horry, Fox, and Fisher giving the final daggers when the time comes if you count them as a two man team. Yeah, they aren't as deep as Sacremento or Dallas, but a lot of you are forgetting how these role players played last year.

Anyhow, I'm not a blind fan, and I look forward to the Sac-LA showdown in the playoffs. It will be fun.

15. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    yeah, it'll be fun... to watch the Kings spank the lakers!

16. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Hay, I was just invited to the game tonight! Wow I?m looking forward to this one. I hear they are giving away lots of free stuff. Go Kings!

17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Remember my trick at getting tickets off ticketmaster? The number posted on their site for Albuquerque was disconnected, so I went with Kansas. I did get through too. But by the time she checked, she said no tickets were available. It was only 10 minutes after they went on sale! :mad:

No playoff tickets for me this time!

18. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Are you and your husband into the Kings? I just gave some tickets to Saturday?s game away just last night, but one of my friends may not be able to go to Tuesday?s game, but it would only be one ticket if he backs out.

19. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    close game today, let's hope they stomp'em on tuesday! :)

20. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Heck, I'd love a ticket for Tuesday, if you have one. Let me know!

My husband and brother got to go to Saturday's game (I had to attend a reunion); I'm so jealous! :)

Yeah, the game Saturday was a little too close, wasn't it?

21. bright sith

Aug 27, 1999
    Close, but a good game. Exciting stuff.

22. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I'm pretty stoked about Saturday's game against the mavericks. Should be a great game to watch since both teams run the ball and have a high shooting average. I'm a little scared about Nowitzki though, I don't really think we have a good match up against him. I'll still put my money on the kings though. I could expound upon the match up a lot more, but I'll save all that for now. What does everyone else have to say about this series?

23. Capt_Crunch

Capt_Crunch Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm looking forward to seeing an exciting game! Regardless of the outcome it's going to be a blast to watch (of course I'll be shouting for a Kings victory.) My seats are on the upper level but still a good view, only problem is losing the voice for a couple days.

24. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Awesome, you got tickets! I have tickets for Monday's game. This is going to be a *great* series.

If the series goes to 7 games, ending at Arco, we'll win the series. The Mavs will have to win it in 5 or 6, if they're going to win it at all.

25. Elvish_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    isn't there a game on today around 3:00?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.