Discussion Is anyone else going to cry?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Porkins4Ever, May 3, 2013.

1. Porkins4Ever Force Ghost

I mean seriously, I have been watching the Blu-ray of the saga and listening to the radio play. I am 100% positive that I am going to weep like a baby when Luke, Han and Leia show up on screen in episode 7...

Anyone else feel this way??
  2. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I'll probably be too pumped up and excited to weep we they first appear on screen but I'm sure I'll be misty eyed if/when one of them dies.
  3. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I'm going to weep like a baby if Porkins shows up.
  4. Porkins4Ever Force Ghost

I cry at a lot of the saga, mostly in the original trilogy......Is there a "parts you weep like a baby at" thread in the saga forum??
    Original Oatmeal likes this.
  5. LunarMoth Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll admit it.....I will. :_|
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I cry every time I think about Episode VII... because of what I read about it in this forum...
    Last edited by A Chorus of Disapproval, May 3, 2013
  7. Dranem Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I'm a man, its not crying. Its eye sweat.
  8. Vastor Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well i always get chocked up in the end of epi IV when Luke is the only one left in the trench run when the force music comes on and vader says, force is strong with this one.
    For epi VII gosh i dont know :_|
  9. Darth Claire Chosen One

star 4
    Since this is JJ "shoves you full of feels" Abrams, I will probably die of an emotion overdose.
    fistofan1 and Jedirush2112 like this.
  10. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    I think when I hear the opening fanfare I'm sure I'll tear up a bit. I'm wishy-washy like that.
    Pensive Padme likes this.
  11. Seagoat Force Ghost

star 4
    Hm... I don't cry easily. I've only ever teared up during two scenes in SW, the one in ROTS where Obi-Wan visits Padme's apartment, and the victory celebration at the end of ROTJ.

I certainly hope that at least Episode IX will contain some kind of tear-worthy scene
    Darth slaughter likes this.
  12. Darth slaughter Jedi Master

star 1
    Yeah I probably will have a few tears.
    Must admit I did at the end of ROTS soon as the credits come up just coz I thought this was it, the last ever SW EVER!!! But I was wrong and thank the maker I was wrong :)
    WatTamborWoo and DarthKreVass like this.
  13. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't cried at a movie since I was in my single-digit years. And those years ended 23 years ago.

I imagine I will not cry at all.
  14. Son of a Bith Force Ghost

star 4
    Let it out, bro
  15. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Unless they bring a bunch of dogs/puppies on screen and throw them off a cliff or something, I doubt I'll cry. I've never cried during a Star Wars film. While certain scenes moved me and I got choked up, I've never actually teared up.

EDIT: Although, I have to admit, if Han dies (well, any of the Big Three, really), that may do it! :p
    Last edited by HanSolo29, May 3, 2013
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  16. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I cry every time I think about Episode VII... because of what I read about it in this forum...
    -----------------

[face_laugh]

as for the question at hand:

no I doubt it.
  17. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    I won't cry, it'll just be raining on my face.
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I hardly ever cry over anything in real life, but I will cry over a book or a movie. I cry during Vader's death scene in ROTJ no matter how many times I watch it.

I'm with the PP who said that I probably won't cry when/if the Big Three show up on screen, but I definitely will if one of them dies.
    Darth Chiznuk and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  19. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    I'm gonna wail like a wookiee watching his best friend get frozen in carbonite! :)
  20. Samayel_ Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    i will cry if a Gungan is among the main characters (specially if it´s a jedi)
    Team Padme likes this.
  21. Sum-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Only when Dumbledore died

oops! wrong saga...
    Pro Scoundrel and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  22. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Hmmm...

Yesterday and the day before I watched Episodes 1 and 2. The scene where Anakin leaves his mother had me crying....the scene where Shmi dies had me sniffling...and her funeral had me crying HARD. :_| I'm going to be watching ROTS tonight and I can't watch that without crying like a baby. (I was sobbing to an embarrassing extent in the theater the last half hour) As far as the Original Trilogy goes, I usually get misty eyed at three points: Luke discovering the burned-out homestead, the death of Anakin/Vader, and the ending of Episode 6. (I am a total sap, LOL)

Given this, I can guarantee I'll be crying at some point during Episode 7. If Luke or another major character dies....oh, my. I may have to leave the theater fearing attack by angry moviegoers. :p
  23. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    No tough-guy posturing intended here - I've been known to go into hysterics from stubbing my toe - but I literally can't remember the last time I cried during a film. So it's very unlikely to happen no matter what's on the screen.
  24. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    I decided to re-watch ROTJ yesterday (haven't watched it fully since the '90s, mind you) and I have to admit, while watching Luke lash out at Vader after he threatened to turn Leia instead, the music was so powerful that it gave me the feeling that I could cry. It was probably one of the greatest emotional scenes ever in motion pictures and after all these years it's still makes me feel that way. That's what you call good storytelling.
    Last edited by DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR, May 3, 2013
  25. robo_obi Force Ghost

star 4
    i think you're safe on that one, given all parties involved are dead...altough maybe tears of fear if they somehow have zombie porkins....

-------

and i'm sure i'll do it if/when any of the big 3 die...like if han and chewie go kamikaze with the falcon, thats like 3 major things just *poof*...it'd be sad for sure...