DFW, TX Is anyone else going to the Charity Screening this Sunday?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Ignant, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ignant Jedi Youngling

star 7
    I just wanted to gather as much info as possible about it. I read a report on TFN about what's going to be happening, and wondered if anybody had more info.
  2. tymbo1s Jedi Padawan

I am going to the Charity screening. I bought the VIP tickets, so I hope it will be worth it! Im sure it will be, Im very excited about the whole experience...
  3. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    You may want to send B'omarr a private message; think he's going this weekend!

This copy of the film is supposed to be a digital copy...stop by and let us know how it looks :D

4. Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Master

star 4
    We will be the ones outside flipping you the bird ;)

hehehe
  5. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes! I just got my tickets.

And you can flip me all the birds you want, but I won't notice them, being on cloud 9 and all ;)

Here's the scoop: basic tickets are $300, VIPS are $500, and all but $50 of each ticket is tax deductible. The Vips have a pre-party they can attend, and get to seat first. The regular tickets seat afterwards, and there's a big celebration afterwards in a Coruscant style cantina under the tent outside the theater. There's supposed to be a band, food, a silent auction and other merchandise to buy.

The charity is for The Family Place, which is a shelter for women and children of domestic violence. The contact there is Connie Boyd (cboyd@familyplace.org) 214-443-7765.

BTW, the tickets are gorgeous high gloss mini-posters of AOTC. Very sweet.
  6. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    you got jipped the VIP tickets can claim $400 on taxes not 50. This is direct from the spokes person at C2.

Lets do the math $500 tickets that you can claim $400 on, or the $300 tickets that you can claim $50 on...
  7. jwa1107 Jedi Padawan

not to be rude, but the math is "claim ALL but $50 as tax deductible"; so $250 claimed on a $300 and $450 claimed on a $500. And if the person at C2 said $400 on a $500, then all but $100 would be claimable (if that is a word) on the VIP tickets
  8. Darth_Chocolate Jedi Master

star 3
    "jwa" is right about the claiming of the tickets. "All BUT $50 can be claimed" on either ticket.

By the way, they are erecting the structure for you after-party now. I was watching them put it together this morning, being out at the line and all.....
  9. krwade3 Jedi Knight

star 2
    My Bad read you wrong. But the spokesperson did say that it was all but $100... Not that it matters all that much, because you know you get back like three dollars and 50 cents come tax time... :D What a ballBuster... (just kidding)
  10. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    We've been informed that the charity screening will be in theater 13, and will be a digital copy...so please stop by the line-up and let us know how it looks!
  11. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's supposed to be in two theatres. There's actually two showings, according to the invitation, one at 5, the other at 5:10. Are they both digital? If not, you better beleive I'm heading for theater 13.

Just 3 days....
  12. Kurgan1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, supposedly both charity screenings are going to be DLP, unless something changes at the last second.
  13. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Cool. I'll be sure to post a more technical review of how the movie looks here on Monday morning. Hopefully, DLP is all it's cracked up to be.
  14. DARTHKOOL Jedi Knight

star 1
    Prove these so-called "experts" wrong and say DLP is the BOMB!!

Just don't let out any spoilers.

God, I hope upon hope this movie does not suck. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi!
  15. DARTHKOOL Jedi Knight

star 1
    I heard from those who attended the Sunday, Charity Premiere tonight and they said IT ROCKED!!!!!

A direct quote, "dude, remember the special effects from Lord of the Rings? Take that TIMES 10"!

DLP KICKS ASS!

16. C-3P0 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was outstanding. :D

I stopped by the line afterwards with my wife, but the people there seemed to be in their own conversation, and I didn't want to intrude.

Plus, I guess I didn't want to inadvertantly spoil anyone.

It's a great movie.

DLP is all it's cracked up to be.
  17. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I did see the movie last night. I won't post a review of the movie here or any spoilers, but I will say it was unbelievable. I can't express any adjectives to tell you how good the movie is.

As for DLP, I really didn't notice that much difference between it and a clean film showing. Granted, there's no cigarrette burns, no scratches, no wobbles. The picture was flawless.

One concern though, I've been reading several critics reviews who say the digital picture doesn't look very good when transferred to film. I'll be seeing this movie again (did I mention it was excellent? :D ) on standard film at the Grapevine Tinseltown, and I'm interested to see if there is a decline in movie quality.

So to be safe, see this sucker on DLP first. The theater is great, all stadium seating, and the sound was spectacular.

You guys won't be dissapointed.
  18. jwa1107 Jedi Padawan

so anyone have a report on the after-party tent?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.