Is anyone else teased by their friends for collecting Star Wars toys?? or is it just me?......

Discussion in 'Oregon FanForce' started by JediApprentice21676, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediApprentice21676 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I personally dont know anyone else who has an insane passion for star wars like myself, let alone collecting action figures!! All my friends give me crap and make jokes about my star wars collection. Ive heard them all... Star Wars geek, dork, "comic-book guy" "your wasting your money!" blah blah blah! Does anyone else go through this?? I cant talk Star Wars to anyone accept to the local comic shop guy (who knows me by name) and here on this chat board...anyone care to vent with me? 'cause I know I cant be the only one.
  2. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

I feel your pain... when TPM came out, I went nuts, buying every figure I could get my hands on... and same thing w/ AOTC... I also shop on eBay for the vintage figures.

Yeah, I get a lot of crap for it... but as a close friend of mine put it... "At least you don't do drugs!" :)

-Dave
  3. JediWookie Jedi Padawan

This post make no sense - who needs friends when you got star wars toys?
  4. JediApprentice21676 Jedi Knight

star 1
    HAHA... Thats a good one JediWookie! sometimes I wish I could live by that philosophy.
  5. JediApprentice21676 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey WinduWasher, do you buy loose or carded vintage figures on eBay?
  6. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

I don't buy carded vintage figures... just loose... I got a Wampa just a couple weeks ago! :)
  7. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My friends used to make fun of me for collecting them. Then I told them how much the old one's I have are worth....yeah, they don't do that anymore.
  8. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm yes, I have a huge collection on one shelf in my room, and its the source of much teasing for me
  9. LoyalJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aww...they're just jealous because they can't find some of the figures you've got. Like the luke skywalker that has the yellow lightsaber you can push in and out...that one was cool.
  10. WinduWasher Jedi Knight

I would have more of my figures on display in my home, but I have a very mischievious cat, that would be bound to eat them... He already claimed a battle droid! I need to get a display case of some sort, like the ones they have at comic book stores.

Until then... they stay in the closet... :(
  11. BobaFrank Jedi Youngling

star 5
    You guys collect SW toys? Hehehehahahehaha [face_laugh]

Yes, I've been teased as well, until they find out how much my collection is worth. ;)
  12. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It is always nice when I see threads such as this one because I realize that I am not alone. I've been a passionate fan of Star Wars since I first saw it at the age of 11 back in 1977. I loved the name "Leia" so much that I vowed if I ever had a daughter I would name her Leia. My oldest daughter "Leia" will be 14 next month. :D I didn't start collecting though till November of 1998, but since then my collection has really grown. I have an entire room in my house devoted to Star Wars. I will post a few pics of my collection, but these pics are a year old, and my collection has grown a lot since then. Oh, and I have to mention my car... the back of which is covered in Star Wars decals and bumper stickers. I get teased by friends and family, and people are always rolling their eyes at me. People tell me that a 36 year-old woman with 3 kids should not be interested in Star Wars. Well I say :p to them! I've been passionate about Star Wars for 25 years, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

13. Jaya_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    My pitiful bookcase is envious :p ;)
  14. jimsidious Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey guys and gals I'm here with you all I've been collecting since I was a kid and have everything,I mean everything inthe vintage line(3/34" figs and playsets)and even as a kid people would make fun of my lunch box or my t-shirts well to all them who made fun of me,can you tell any one that you have a peice of plastic that stands 3/34" that is worth 700.00 (tri-logo yak-face)and to you all reading this I will never stop untill I have it all(Jorg Sacul),so I think were all in the same boat,but were not really dorks are we?
  15. Raiden Jedi Knight

star 1
    No, never... we aren't dorks... the star trek fans are though..
  16. jimsidious Jedi Knight

star 2
    ahhh the trekies now thats fun me and my buddy DarthStove go on chat rooms after a few Mikes hards and go onto trek chats and screw with em its a blast,I suggest everyone try it
  17. DARTH_ANN Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm 26 and recently I had one of my 19 year old subordinates at work tell everyone that I was "really cool" after she and I spent about a half hour discussing Starwars. I laughed histerically when I heard this. I took this to mean we're both dorks. But I'm okay with being a dork if it means liking starwars. It's more fun this way.
  18. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As I posted above, the back of my car is covered in Star Wars stickers, last week someone wrote on the back of my car "loser." But I had a laugh about it, because they spelled loser "LOOSER"... lol... Now who is the bigger loser here? The person with Star Wars stickers on their car, or the person who can't spell the word loser correctly and takes the time to show their ignorance by writing it on my car? hmph

My car is ALWAYS the victim of people's ignorance. The whole drivers side of my car has been keyed 3 times (it happened right after the car was repainted too). And on my birthday, I awoke to find one of my tires slashed in the side. :(
  19. Rickthetamer Jedi Knight

star 1
    One of my friends used ot make fun of me, but I waved my hand, took him to see AOTC, and know he worships by Jabba's Palace play set. . . .

WAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I hate vandals. People keep on stealing the antennae balls of my Dad's jeep. We got this really cool C-3PO one too.
  20. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ^ My atenna balls keep getting stolen too. I am planning on making some Star Wars ones out of the Star Wars candy toppers. I plan on crazy glueing those to my antenna though so it won't be easy to take them off.
  21. Rickthetamer Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yah!

Good idea.

Unless you need to take it off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.