Is anyone going to StarFest this year???

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Mar 17, 2014.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    I am still on the fence about going on Friday and Saturday. I am never there on Sunday anyway, but is anyone going this year? I am still hoping there will be some good guests to be announced.
  2. Joseph_Orion Force Ghost

star 4
  3. Dark Crafty Jedi Master

star 1
    Ill be there, pretty excited about this year.. Last year (my first year) I was at the Hyatt.. wasn't a lot of fun walking back and forth. This year I was actually able to reserve a Balcony room! I plan on having more fun, going to more things and doing more drinking this year ;) The general consensus I've seen from all the other random StarFest posts is that people are crazy anti StarFest ("they've lost their way, we hate them, OH NO ITS ON MAY THE FOURTH ;), they don't support the groups...etc. etc.").

TLDR: Ill be there and I'm gonna have a helluva time!
  4. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    I may be there for a while on Friday to help set up the art room. Also, Robert and I plan on stopping by Saturday to hang out with people=)
  5. Haikukid Jedi Knight

star 1
    Definite maybe for me on Starfest. This will date me, but I used to go to StarCon too, anybody remember that? And I can remember ALMOST getting an autograph from Patrick Stewart after waiting in line for hours. Ah, the good old days. Like to see how much it has changed or not changed....
    Dark Crafty likes this.
  6. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    I will probably be there
  7. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Um… no! … but My Art will be there. [face_tee_hee]
  8. DieWompRatDie RSA: SouthWest US

Manager
    star 4
    I'll be there hanging out having a drink or two, if others are going.
    Dark Crafty likes this.
  9. QueenHighMistress Force Ghost

star 4
    It depends on if I have company that weekend, but I might come by.
  10. nnaydolem Force Ghost

star 6
  11. Obi_Wannabe Force Ghost

star 5
    I have a room reserved at the Hyatt, not sure if i'm even going to use it at this point.
  12. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think we are going to go Saturday
    nnaydolem likes this.
  13. Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'm in for a pound this year. I'm checking in on Thursday. I'll be leaving early Sunday for Wings
    nnaydolem likes this.
  14. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    FCBD and May the Fourth... Nope, I won't be there at all.
  15. LadyoftheMandalore Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll be there :) Husband is going to have a booth in the dealer's room for his company (Planeswalker's Library - go stop by!), and I insisted on tagging along.
  16. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    Not this year :( We're out of vacation time & money until C7.
  17. catz44 Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad we will see you at c7 :)
  18. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I always have a great time at Starfest. I think that for most people it's genuinely a case of unfortunate schedule collisions, which is completely fair. Until we invent time travel or the Doctor stops by, we can all only be in one place at a time after all. I've been sad to read some of the negative comments about the con itself, but I don't think they represents the majority opinion here.

Having said that, I decided to pass this year. I travel to Starfest because it is a fantastic place to spend lots of quality time with my friends, in addition to being a fun con. Since many friends aren't going this year, I will wait and come out another time.
  19. Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer

star 3
    The schedule change is mostly because Easter falls on their normal weekend. Hopefully it goes back to April next year... of course next year is CVII...
  20. Dark Crafty Jedi Master

star 1
    Holy crap... CVII is next year...
  21. JawaJaka Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I'll most likely be there Friday night only to help with the garrison table setup. FCBD and May the Fourth the rest of the weekend. Next year definitely not because of CVII no matter what weekend Starfest falls on (I won't have enough money to go to both). And sorry to poo poo on anyone's enthusiasm for Starfest, but I'm kinda done with them anyway (dealing with the robot area is impossible and stupid, and no other secured area to put my droids in).
  22. Sandy_Gina Jedi Master

:rolleyes:
    Then don't.
    Dark Crafty and catz44 like this.
  23. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I might be there Friday and/or part of Saturday, but only to hang out in the lobby. I have zero interest in the rest of the con this year. I'll be at WOTR on Saturday. Katie, you should come out to Wings on Sunday. :)
    SITH__CHICK likes this.
  24. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    FYI - Starfest really wanted our presence and RL wanted a table as well but Sunday was a better day for them to man the table. With that being said, RMFF and RL will have a joint table this year in the atrium, Denver County Fair has our old spot.

I will man the table most the AM on Sat. Anyone that wants to come and hang out with me ... :D I may want someone to grab me a comic book or two ;)
  25. Dark Crafty Jedi Master

star 1
    Awesome! I have an atrium room this year so ill be hanging around at the hotel instead of having to leave to rest. Ill most likely be able to hang out throughout the day on Saturday (and some of Friday).
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby