main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone going to StarFest this year???

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Mar 17, 2014.

1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I am still on the fence about going on Friday and Saturday. I am never there on Sunday anyway, but is anyone going this year? I am still hoping there will be some good guests to be announced.

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
  3. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    Ill be there, pretty excited about this year.. Last year (my first year) I was at the Hyatt.. wasn't a lot of fun walking back and forth. This year I was actually able to reserve a Balcony room! I plan on having more fun, going to more things and doing more drinking this year ;) The general consensus I've seen from all the other random StarFest posts is that people are crazy anti StarFest ("they've lost their way, we hate them, OH NO ITS ON MAY THE FOURTH ;), they don't support the groups...etc. etc.").

TLDR: Ill be there and I'm gonna have a helluva time!

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I may be there for a while on Friday to help set up the art room. Also, Robert and I plan on stopping by Saturday to hang out with people=)

5. Haikukid

Haikukid Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 30, 2013
    Definite maybe for me on Starfest. This will date me, but I used to go to StarCon too, anybody remember that? And I can remember ALMOST getting an autograph from Patrick Stewart after waiting in line for hours. Ah, the good old days. Like to see how much it has changed or not changed....

Dark Crafty likes this.
  6. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I will probably be there

7. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Um… no! … but My Art will be there. [face_tee_hee]

8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I'll be there hanging out having a drink or two, if others are going.

Dark Crafty likes this.
  9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    It depends on if I have company that weekend, but I might come by.

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i will be there...

11. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I have a room reserved at the Hyatt, not sure if i'm even going to use it at this point.

12. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I think we are going to go Saturday

nnaydolem likes this.
  13. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I'm in for a pound this year. I'm checking in on Thursday. I'll be leaving early Sunday for Wings

nnaydolem likes this.
  14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    FCBD and May the Fourth... Nope, I won't be there at all.

15. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I'll be there :) Husband is going to have a booth in the dealer's room for his company (Planeswalker's Library - go stop by!), and I insisted on tagging along.

16. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Not this year :( We're out of vacation time & money until C7.

17. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Glad we will see you at c7 :)

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I always have a great time at Starfest. I think that for most people it's genuinely a case of unfortunate schedule collisions, which is completely fair. Until we invent time travel or the Doctor stops by, we can all only be in one place at a time after all. I've been sad to read some of the negative comments about the con itself, but I don't think they represents the majority opinion here.

Having said that, I decided to pass this year. I travel to Starfest because it is a fantastic place to spend lots of quality time with my friends, in addition to being a fun con. Since many friends aren't going this year, I will wait and come out another time.

19. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    The schedule change is mostly because Easter falls on their normal weekend. Hopefully it goes back to April next year... of course next year is CVII...

20. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Holy crap... CVII is next year...

21. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    I'll most likely be there Friday night only to help with the garrison table setup. FCBD and May the Fourth the rest of the weekend. Next year definitely not because of CVII no matter what weekend Starfest falls on (I won't have enough money to go to both). And sorry to poo poo on anyone's enthusiasm for Starfest, but I'm kinda done with them anyway (dealing with the robot area is impossible and stupid, and no other secured area to put my droids in).

22. Sandy_Gina

Sandy_Gina Jedi Padawan

Feb 15, 2011
    :rolleyes:
    Then don't.

Dark Crafty and catz44 like this.
  23. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I might be there Friday and/or part of Saturday, but only to hang out in the lobby. I have zero interest in the rest of the con this year. I'll be at WOTR on Saturday. Katie, you should come out to Wings on Sunday. :)

SITH__CHICK likes this.
  24. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    FYI - Starfest really wanted our presence and RL wanted a table as well but Sunday was a better day for them to man the table. With that being said, RMFF and RL will have a joint table this year in the atrium, Denver County Fair has our old spot.

I will man the table most the AM on Sat. Anyone that wants to come and hang out with me ... :D I may want someone to grab me a comic book or two ;)

25. Dark Crafty

Apr 21, 2013
    Awesome! I have an atrium room this year so ill be hanging around at the hotel instead of having to leave to rest. Ill most likely be able to hang out throughout the day on Saturday (and some of Friday).