main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone here into costuming and prop building?

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by Mirax H, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    So far I have built 2 lightsabers and have made 2 costumes and am finishing my 3rd. I have pics posted on my website in my signature. I am going to Celebration II and will be wearing them there but really want to wear one to go and see the movie. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Vegas until Sat after AOTC opens. I'm going to go to Laughlin to see it on Thursday but am not going alone in costume. Wanted to see if this group would like to all go together on Sat May 18th to see AOTC and perhaps go in costume.

2. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    First of all, I hate you becuase you are going to the Celebration. Second, I sort of have a Jedi costume and I have made a lightsaber as well. Made it for 60$ sold it for 120$ and I'm definitely got the itch to make another saber. I wish I could find someone with a machine shop so I could have sabers fashioned out of t6 aluminium rods. I could have it done but the labor per hour charge is insane!

3. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    LOL. I can't wait till Celebration. Went to the first one and it was a blast! I'll have lots of pics on my website. I did both my sabers by hand. There are some terrific tutorials online. Amazing what you can do with a Dremmel!

4. jedihunter45

jedihunter45 Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    how do you make a lightsaber.
    I want one so bad.

5. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    There are lots of online tutorials. That's where I learned to do mine. Let me know if you need some links.

6. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Mirax just wait. Once you show up to a Vegas meeting in costume, the whole group is going to be drooling for their own, and asking you for every smidgen of knowledge that you have. :D

It's SO fun!! [face_laugh]
    kreleia ^.^

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I am into costume and prop building.

I am making a jedi outfit currently. I am building my lightsaber from scratch, but might go with an online tutorial.

Boots will be the tough one, as I don't want to spend big bucks on the whole outfit.

Right now I am trying to find the right material for a cloak.

8. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Talon, material is tough. Most go for a wool or wool blend. I did my most recent sith robe with a wool-rayon gabardine blend that worked beautifully. I have pics of all my costumes on my website.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Mirax, the robe and Sith outfit look really good. The material you used seems to have similar flowing and falling properties like in Ep 1. Thanks for the advice!

10. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Thanks! The action picture of me turning really shows how nicely it flows. It has a nice weight but isn't terribly thick and hot and not scratchy either like wool can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.