main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone interested in a NJO game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by sisyphusrocks, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sisyphusrocks

sisyphusrocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2005
    There are several NJO mods under construction at the moment, could their be scope for a full game? The timing is rotton due to EP III but it could happen in the future.

What would the game be

KOTOR style RPG?

JK4 Katarn vs Vong?

Galactic Battlegrounds/ Empire at Was RTS?

Or mayber a revamped Rebellion?

Personally I'd like to see katarn kick some vong butt!

2. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Personally I'd doubt that it would happen. I'd rather not see one at all cause I felt everything about the NJO series was horrible. From horrible and illogical writing, to piss poor planing on part of the authors and DelRey, to bad community reps. I agree though with the release of Episode 3 it wouldn't happen. Later on they'd be moving into a new series so even then it wouldn't happen. Movie relate games work at any time cause well they are related to the films and they seem to cover a large body of things. Playing an RPG in a story that has already been writen is boring. We know how it ends and NJO didn't really bring the Star Wars community to get at all. In fact it caused even more of a split and DelRey has all but admited that they made huge mistakes with it. I doubt LFL disagrees with that as well which is why in one of the press relase DelRey said they were getting back to more Star Wars themed stories, back tot he space opera, clearly showing and all but admiting that NJO wasn't Star Wars in style or theme or even space opera.

NJO era just isn't really that interesting game wise. You'd be fighting Vong but the way the Vong are presented you'd be better off playing any game that had raging and violent aliens out to kill humans.

While some people are tried of the same things, that's really what people want. Why do you think the Rogue Squadron games do so well even though each version is redone better version of the last game but missions being slightly different? People love fighting Imperials or commanding the Rebels or the Empire. KOTOR did great cause it was new but in the end it was still the same thing, Republic(Alliance in a way) vs. Sith(Empire). You can see this in how characters were presented and Sith fighters looked similar to Ties. That and you were able to travel to a lot of locations talked about in the films or hinted at in the EU or that were brand new.

Do people really think a NJO era game would sell? I mean seriously, not confusing that you would want it to, do people honestly think there is an actual market for it and people would want to play in that era when they have a choice of playing in the era they know and come to love (Empire vs. Rebel or even Clone Wars era now) or maybe want to see more of (KOTOR era)?

3. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I'd like to see a KOTOR-style game set post-ROTJ (mainly because I'd be reporting to Master Skywalker instead of Master Died-4000-Years-Ago). I don't read EU, so there's nothing standing in the way of my wanting to see and experience this.

4. Sith_Lords

Sith_Lords Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    The movie-era games are so repitive though, Hoth is in nearly every single Star Wars game now, and it gets borring after the third time.

A NJO game would be quite good, but it depends on the way it is done. A KOTOR-style rpg could be made, and you would recruit different species, and a 'friendly' Vong joins your team, when you find out they're evil / Shamed ones join your party.

5. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I think that LA should "test the waters" so to speak. Maybe through in more Vong references like the one in KOTOR. Eventually maybe make them a non-playable race for a mission or two in some sort of RTS (Empire at War maybe?) They should judge fan reaction from their. If a lot of people get excited about it, they may go for it, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. I think the Vong will be limited to references and maybe brief cameos.

6. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    I think they could make multiple games. They could make one with Kyle Katarn, and they could make one like KOTOR so you can have your own NJO jedi

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The NJO Project has long been a planned mod for X-Wing Alliance, but right now, the only OPTs done for the project are the Chiss Claw Fighter and the Yuuzhan Vong Coralskipper, and has been in this state for a while. If anyone wants to help w/ the remaining OPTs or do something else (such as mission design or voice acting), they can visit the "Contact Us" part of the site to email the appropriate people.

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Danni Quee, Waxarn Kel, the guy from the Knightfall Trilogy, a Noghri bodyguard, Shada Dukal... just a few possible names for those who could be in an NJO era KOTOR style game, if not them themselves, then similar kinds of people lol.

9. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I would like an NJO game.

10. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
  11. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    For all we know they are all Master Died-4000-Years-Ago. Even the last one says, a "Long Time ago." So, they're probably all died....except for the fact that they never lived. But hey? What's the difference.

I'd like to see the game. You know, I'm not good with computer things, but I heard that there were fans making some pretty decents games on thier own that weren't sanctioned by LA. I wonder if any of theirs are decent enough to help you?

12. Fist_of_Mandalore

Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2005
    All of Star Wars happened, in relation to current time, millions of years ago ;)

13. Psycho_Sith

Psycho_Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2003
    An KOTOR-style NJO game? I'd buy it, who am I kidding.
    But it would need Hamill as Luke's voice, not that sorry excuse of a 'Luke' from JO/JA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.