Is anyone interested in learning lightsaber combat techniques?

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Enderan, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not trying to get any money from anyone so don't think that I'm advertising or anything.

I am familiar with the 7 forms of lightsaber combat and have come up with an applicable way of using them (for fun but for exercise too). I was just wondering who would be interested in joining me in gear every once in a while while the weather is warm, in a park or something with gear and blades in hand and wanted to learn what I've learned so far.

It would be a cool way to develop our community and it would be a lot of fun.

I'd be willing to do it one on one or in a group or anything (anything holy that is). I'm wanting to learn or teach what I know or just get together and discuss Star Wars or whatever.

Drop a post here or an e-mail to either dissidentknights@unimwebcenter.com or jwmwestbrook@comcast.net or a call @ 501-442-9184 if interested.

NO I'M NOT ASKING FOR ANY PAY OR ANYTHING BUT THE TIME YOU WANT TO INVEST IN LEARNING OR TEACHING SOMETHING COOL!!!
  2. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    What does gear entail?

I'm interested, but time is an issue until at least the end of September for me.

PS, You might want to add something to the thread title that says what it's actually about (like Saber technique or forms)--you can click edit on your first post to edit the title. We do it all the time for long-running threads around here.
  3. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    It really only means Jedi garb or even just sweat pants or whatever you would prefer to learn it in. In the beginning there is very little contact and I try to teach people to expose openings while in combat without striking them. It's just for exercise and fun!
  4. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    That's cool. I doubt I would want to learn in my Jedi Tunic--I like to keep it as sweat-free as possible!
  5. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I like doing it sometimes in garb (for the feel of it) but I also like doing it in some basketball shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt :) It would be a lot of fun to teach you, do you want to hook up one day?
  6. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Like I said--time...[face_thinking]
  7. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just hit me whenever and with another post here or a pm or even an e-mail to dissidentknights@unimwebcenter.com
  8. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sounds like a great idea...

(Of course, I'm out right now since I've been condemed to bed rest)

But, I think that you'll get a good bit of interest in this.
    Give it a few days for everyone to hit the boards...

[face_pig]
  9. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would love to have some. I just think it's a cool way to get to know eachother and learn something new and fun. I love doing it.
  10. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    dood, where do you live? can you give a little about yourself or did i miss that? i am suspicious by nature so dont take any questions personal, but the "let's meet in the park and spar" thing sounded funny to me for a brief moment. it could be i am female and well that should say it all. i love these guys and if they think you are okay then so will i. why dont you show up at the library thing so a bunch of us can meet you? the kids would love to talk about lightsaber techniques.
  11. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    My name is Joseph Westbrook. I'm 31, 6'5" and about 287. I'm married with 3 kids and I've posted information on the meet you page or if you want to know more about what I do (which I'm doing here free) go to www.dissidentknights.com. I look forward to meeting you and I do hope to be at the library.
  12. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, if anyone has suggestions on this please let me know or if anyone wants to participate just holla!
  13. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    alright, enderan, that's the kind of stuff i like to hear. that was really a test of sarcasm. and dood, you passed. make sure you find me at the library. i will be the redheaded corellian jedi with the 9 yr old sith.
  14. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm unfortunately been drafted by my job to work from 9 - 3 tomorrow so I don't think I'll be there but I do look forward to meeting everyone at other events a.s.a.p.
  15. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just wanted to tell everyone that Kynstar, one of her friends and I trained Thursday evening and had a great time. Lightsaber blades were flashing... it was great. I'd welcome anyone who wanted to join. We had a blast.

Enderan
  16. critterdee Jedi Padawan

Are these techniques kin to Martial Arts? I do martial arts and was just wondering.
  17. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It was a blast!! :) Thanks so much for taking time out to do so! We had a ball! [face_dancing]
  18. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I look forward to doing it again (I've pm'd you) and to answer the question before, there are some similarities but it is more lightsaber technique than any one art or another. It's pretty much just for fun and exercise.
  19. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It was intersting and informative...we should do it again sometime.
  20. Enderan Jedi Knight

star 1
    Any of you are welcome at anytime.
  21. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Bumping because Spring is just around the corner and with the warm weather some folks might become interested in this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.