main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Is anyone interested in starting a Central Washington Fan Force?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Princess Cambria, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Hi...

Just wondering if there is enough interest in the Central Washington area to start up our own FanForce. I live in Yakima, which puts me right in between the the west and east side current FanForce groups. I'd love to get involved.

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    I think there was one until very recently.

I'll check back in a bit.....

EDIT:
    Okay, it was in Tri-Cities. I don't know how close that is to Yakima.
    They were The Screaming Wookie Squadron. There were only five of them.
    They pretty much disbanded around the beginning of the year. Sorry about that.
    They were looking to recruit more members at the last RadCon. Apparently that didn't go so well.

The FanForce that I'm very lucky to be a part of numbers about 18. But in the beginning, there were only four of us. As I recall, recruiting didn't work out all that great at first.

3. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Yes... I spoke to ewok_jedi last year about the Fan Force there. (Tri-Cites is about 90 miles southeast of Yakima). They were having problems with their actively level at that time, then they disbanded. I think he was moving or something along those lines. Anyway, I was hoping to get a costuming group together to do fundraising events for charity. I wanted to attend the SpoCon last weekend, but participated with a team in Relay For Life instead. It would have been a blast to be in costume for that... maybe next year. :D

4. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Oh yes. You definitely want to attend SpoCon next year if you are able. Apparently, for a "premier" convention, it did amazing in regards to numbers. And everyone that I'm aware of had a blast. I know I did!

If you can, you might want to look into NorWesCon and RustyCon. I pretty much attend every NorWesCon, but it's been far too long since I've had the money to make it to RustyCon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.