main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone out there?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by MASTER-SITH, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    A young padawan *pops his head out of a cave* and calls out to the baron welsh wasteland that meet his eyes is anybody out there but all he can hear is his own echo. So he crawles out of the cave and set out to see if the is a single soul out there on the once lively and beautiful planet also to find his master

But all he meets on his journey is death and destruction he finally thinks to hims self i am the only one alive on the *god forsaken world* so he lies down on the ground and awaits his own death.

will anyone find and save this poor lonely padawan ?

2. WelshDrivaaar

WelshDrivaaar Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2004
    Yep, not much happening in Wales. Scenery is pretty though, you've got to admit. :)

3. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
  4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry i've not been posting much. I'm in hiding from the English posters after todays match :(

Don't worry though, its nice to see some activity even though i've been a bit busy the last few days. So did everyone see the match?

Bugger.....

5. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    No i did not see it was busy at avirl lavinge gig

so how has everone been

plus any updates on the meet up

6. WelshDrivaaar

Sep 3, 2004
    Oh man, the match, woe is Wales....

Wonder if we'll do any better against the Poles...

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Could we do any worse?

8. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Wonder if we'll do any better against the Poles...

First we have to try and get someone who wants to attack instead of defend for 90 minutes.

Then we have a chance.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    An attacking player! For WALES!!!

HA HA HA.

You do know Ian Rush has retired right? ;)

We badly need a result against the Poles, or all is more or less lost for another 2 years :(

Now that you have mentioned it, the Increadibles sounds like the ideal film to see. It has the SW trailer that I would probably pay to see by itself anyway, so combining that to the meet-up sounds like a bally good idea.

You interested in attending this little gathering?

Hope this is ok with everyone else? This gives us more time to properly arrange it and get as many people as possible to attend.

10. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    it is fine for me as i am broke this week :(

11. WelshDrivaaar

Sep 3, 2004
    I too am skint for this week. bah. Incredibles=teh love.

12. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    You interested in attending this little gathering?

I'm too old and frail to be seen with you youthful people. ;)

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Good stuff. Just as well that we didn't organise it for this week, I would have been the only one there! :(

Too old! Pah! I'm 26 myself you know, at my age just getting up in the morning is a blessing.

You can't be that old? You know how to use the internet and have an understanding of SW, so I guess that could put you in the mid 30's bracket.

14. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    so I guess that could put you in the mid 30's bracket.

Umm, not that old but close. :)

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    What, thats not old! I'm in the middle of "getting to know" a woman I work with who is 40. So you see, age is just a number and doesn't really matter if you have a really good body and low standards.....

16. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I dont know. I know too much about the 3rd film, I would probably give away too much.

I might go to watch Ep3 with you lot but I'm not that into watching The Incredibles. It looks a good film, just a bit busy with work at the moment.

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fair enough, I don't think it would be good business for our chapter if I had to kill you for giving away kep plot points to ROTS.

;)

We will have to organise something special for ROTS. Maybe have a UK wide meetup. Its the last ever SW movie and deserves something special.

18. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I would think that most people in the UK would dream of going to see it in Leicester Square. They should show it (But they wont) in the IMAX in Bristol.

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, the IMAX in Bristol would rock! I went to see Revolutions there and was blown away by just how amazing a speciticle it is to watch a movie on a screen this size.

Watching ROTS on one of those babies would be something very special indeed. They usually have the IMAX showing a couple of months after the regular cinema showings, so we'll have to have a think about that one closer to the time.

Leicester Square does sound pretty sweet, but London's a long way away and don't see why everyone in Britian should automtically go there. I think somewhere like Manchester would be easier to get too. However saying that, you have the the glamour and novilty of Leicester Square, so perhaps..

20. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    I know what you mean about London, Welshguy. Villianous Scum (I Keed, I Keed). :p

They only go down to Leicester Square because it was the first cinema when the first one was released back in 77 to host the big crowds. Only problem is, many people are in uniform and thats not my thing.

Never been to the Bristol IMAX. I asked them about AOTC when Terra was posting here, was checking whether they had it on. They said that they might in a couple of months time, which is no good.

How good are the films when played in there?

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well Revolutions is the only movie i've seen on an IMAX, but as i've said, that was a mind blowing experience.

Its just the amount of detail and all round inpact a screen that size has on the viewing experience. Its like your IN the movie, your entire vision is taken up by this massive wall of screen.

If you've never been to one before, I highly recommed it, even if its to go and see "White Chicks"...

Well, ok... Maybe not that.

22. Count_Cuckoo

Oct 15, 2001
    You've sold it to me Welshguy. I've always wanted to see what it is like and was holding out for AOTC to be shown there, so I could say "First film seen in IMAX - Clones".

I'll check out their listings and see whats on.

23. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Did someone mention Terra??? Where did he vanish too anyway? :confused:

24. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I am here
    I am here
    Everyone cheer
    The Dark-Welsh-Aussie is here

25. arcticfox

arcticfox Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    i've been to Wales before...loved it!

found it most amusing that the signs read welsh first and english second in the north...and the other way around in the south... :D

hello all from Australia!

(i seem to have happend apon a Mixo......maybe i shall stalk him for a while)

i'm on a silly little trip i call an "around the world in 80 threads" tour...

stopping in forums across the globe, never twice in one spot..untill i arrive back in my home town in Australia.....not many see me coming yet!

anyway....keep up the Fandom madness - everyone looking forward to the EP3 release? planing the costume for the premire?

got to go.....on the the 20th stop....might go to London...to vist the queen :D

bye!

(Mapasaiyo ang Pwersa sa Sarili mo!(hello ginny! :D )May the Force be with You! Må Kraften vara med dig! Möge die Macht mit dir sein!
    Que la Force soit avec toi! ¡Que la Fuerza te acompañe! Che la Forza sia con te!
    Que a força esteja contigo! Olkoon Voima kanssanne! Niech Moc bedzie z Toba !(go starfish! :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.