main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Is anyone out there...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    board is like a tomb... :(

Indy

2. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm here!!! The board has been pretty quiet lately...I've been busy with school, but I only have one more week to go!

JawaGirl :)

3. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Im here, as always.

4. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Red 5 standing by errr...oops. I'm here I mean. :)

5. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Working a lot, got to get those new units on the south ridge working....or there'll be hell to pay!!!

Saw Star Trek: Nemesis the other night at an employees screening....IT STANK!!! A big let-down. About as good as Trek: Insurrection. Shinzon was a lame villian. Oh well, bring on TTT!!

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm around a little. Unfortunatly final exams are taking up a lot of time...

7. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    StarBender,
    It was that bad?. Does anyone die?. I had heard rumors that Picard bit it. If your afraid to spoil it for others here just PM me and let me know. If it's gonna be a piece of Dren then I wanna know so I don't waste my credits :).

8. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    I hear ya Darth Haggis! Can't wait till finals are history, until then study hard!

JawaGirl :)

9. imperial_taz

imperial_taz Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    im still here:D....just barely:p

10. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I'm in the middle of finals too. :)

Work hard, people. Christmas holidays will be good relaxation time, and we'll all be able to offer more to the board.

11. Rallak

Rallak Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2002
    I feel the the presence of the Dark Side weighing heavily upon me...oh nevermind it's just final exams.

12. Starbender

Starbender Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    I'm not sure how to PM anyone, but no spoilers here, just a pile of random thoughts.

I thought this movie was draggy and s-l-o-w. I was nodding off, and not because it was screened at midnight. The story plods along, scenes that are supposed to have IMPACT fumble the ball again and again. There was little point or urgency in the script, and yes a main cast member "dies", sort of.

Stewart is a fine actor, arguably the best that Trek has produced. He has an awful lot of screen time, but at the expense of the entire rest of the cast. They have so little to do it's surprising theysigned on after reading the script. Awful performances from Frakes and Sirtis. Frakes' pointless fight with a Reman has every fight scene cliche in the book.

Shinzon had too little menace, not eough personal charisma.

The senate of the Romulan Empire had no sense of granduer [sic]. I could not believe for a minute that hundreds of worlds were ruled with an iron fist from here.

Space battles: Blah. A cool shot or two. I have seen way better on DS9!! The Enterprise was trashed but who cares?

I wanted to like this movie, I really did, but it was a poorly shot, murky mess. For the record my fave Trek films are 2 and 8.

I think Trek should lay low for a while, they have gone back to the well too many times with "Enterprise" and Trek films 9 + 10.

13. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Thanks :). They can't ever keep an Enterprise in one piece. Voyager manageed ot make it back home after 7 years away from a Starbase. Why why why do they always wreck it. We get such a sense of attachment to these ships and they always trash it. sigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.