main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is anyone running into this problem?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I think it's just funny, really. Throughout the entire NJO, I was always bugging my parents about getting the latest book and reading it. And now, with the last book to read, I haven't read it in God knows how many months.

Anyone running into this funny probelm? I think it's funny because I was always worried about falling behind in the NJO series that when the last book came out, their was no rush to get the book read.

Well, I bought Timothy Zahn's latest SW book a few months back and I haven't even touched it in a while or even started reading it yet. There just seems to be no rush right now to read it. Anyways, I'm reading God's Children by Harold Coyle right now.

But that still means I have about ten more SW books (including Timothy Zahn's book I bought and haven't read yet) that I bought and haven't even read yet.

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    This happens to me on occassion. Sometimes Im just not in the mood to read certain books. When that happens Ill usually just read something else or just take a break from reading for a couple of days.

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    it happens to me from time to time... i will be excited about getting a book and then i don't read it.. either im busy with other stuff, or some more appealing book gets in front of the other book.. sometimes it happens that a star wars book might get bumped or it might bump whatever other book is in the reading pile.

usually the SW books push their way to the front since i want to talk about them with the people here...

James' reading pile in May:
    Stingray Shuffle by Tim Dorsey -- bizarre comedy, finished
    The Labyrinth Key by H. Hendrix -- scifi, finished
    Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde -- still working on it
    If Chins Could Kill - Bruce Campbell -- halfway done, pushed back by the first two.
    Angels and Demons - Dan Brown? -- picked up, still waiting.
    wanted to buy: 1421.. waiting for the new edition to go into paperback.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Bah, thats nothing ! Ive got approximately 32 books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.

5. EUReader

EUReader Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm quite the opposite. I only have a few books to be read and that's because they were recently purchased. I read each SW book as soon as it comes out.

6. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    I read the books as soon as I get them, but I have no real interest to pick them back up and re-read them for a long long while...

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I like buying a books every few weeks...And most end up sitting on the shelf for awhile.

After four or five SW books, I need to read something else and take a break.

-Seldon

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I accumulate books far faster than I can read them. Some I'll probably never get to, but it's nice when I feel the need for a certain type of book, to know that I have a selection from which to pick. :)

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Nope, I'll usually get the newest book on the day or shortly after the release. It then gets bumped up on priorities for me until I finish, IF I finish, which isn't usually the case...

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm sure it happens to all of us from time to time. Right now I'm in a slump reading SW books or even books by one of my favorite non-SW authors. Part of it is due to the amount of time I spend posting here, but a larger part is due to having other things to do. But I'll go through such slumps every now and then and then reading for relaxation and entertainment becomes very important once more.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Come live in Aust and see the price of paperback-class books, let alone the hardcovers, and jolly-o you'll be reading 'em ASAP just to get your money's worth, trust me, whether you enjyed that read or not.

There's a Lit thread just on this topic, somewhere, by the way.

12. SlackJawedJedi

SlackJawedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2004
    Bah. Always get the dang things on weekends, and usually finish them the day after I get them. 'cause I'm totally hardcore. To the max.

13. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I made the mistake of reading Dragonriders of Pern right after Eragon. Halway through it I never wanted to hear the word "Dragonrider" ever again.

I also tried to read Artemis Fowl right after Ella Enchanted a few years back. I was so sick and tired of fairies by the end of it I just about chucked it out the window

14. lynnferd1138

lynnferd1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
    I just can't get as into the prequel era books as much as the others. So those I'm waithing until they're available in paperback before I by them. (At least thats what I did with Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, Cloak of Deception, ans Shatterpoint. All of which I have just purchased within the last five months.) However, I never read any of the X-wing books when they first came out so I atleast have more books with the classic characters to choose from.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Bah. Always get the dang things on weekends, and usually finish them the day after I get them. 'cause I'm totally hardcore. To the max.

Do you have them read at least a bare minimum of ten times come the following week after you've finished them? That would be far more hardcore. Personally, I prefer to take my time with a good book, to thoroughly enjoy and savor every second of it each time I read it. Which is why it usually takes me a week to read a book each time I read that book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.