main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Is anyone still here from 1998?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Captain Antilles, Dec 15, 2015.

1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It'll be this thread and its "1998" in the title that'll crash the site, through the combined power of the quitbies.

2. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Since this seems as good a use of this thread as any, I read a super fascinating article about Megan Phelps-Roper and her departure from Westboro a few years ago! Highly recommend this: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...er-westboro-baptist-church-megan-phelps-roper

Your last post before this was in 2007, so... it's more of a hypnic jerk.

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Boba Nekhbet We disables Elastisearch so many posts on our post histories are missing. Essentially everything between when the new boards opened in Sept 2012 to a few weeks ago.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  4. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Oh. Well, then my burn wasn't that sick after all.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes the posting histories are far from complete. It's like what happens when you move in real life, stuff gets lost or thrown away.

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999...

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    HEY REMEMBER ME FROM BEFORE Y2K I USED TO POST HERE BUT I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A LONG TIME SO NOW THAT STAR WARS IS IN THEATERS AGAIN I "FOUND" MY PASSWORD AND LET ME MAKE A THREAD WHERE I'M THE CENTER OF ATTENTION. DO DARTH_OLD_98 AND EMPEROR_HIP_REPLACEMENT STILL POST HERE?????? REMEMBER WHEN WE WERE THE CREW?? HERE'S AN INSIDE JOKE FROM 2002 THAT NO ONE EVEN CARED ABOUT BACK THEN. WOW, SURE IS NEW PEOPLE HERE.

7. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    hey, you guys who return only to talk about how you've been gone... this is, like, the hundredth thread like this. Just post in some threads, and you'll see who's still around, organically--if there is, somebody will recognize you and say, "oh wow, holy ****!!! It's you! I'm me! Let's talk about old times, yay, joyus!" and then you will do so (hopefully in private). Then you can do the message board thing here in public, and get to know some people you haven't met yet.
    Give it a shot... because all these redundant "HEY LOOK AT ME!!" threads are pretty noobish and obnoxious. I mean, we definitely welcome you, but don't be rude... say hello and don't be such an attention whore. Anyway, I'm Kristie... welcome, nice to meet you, etc etc.

8. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    GREAT TO SEE YOU LORD GERIATRIC1 LONG TIME HUH THIS PLACE IS GREAT EVEN THOUGH I HAVENT POSTED HERE FOR A DECADE ITS SO GREAT

GREAT OK SO

BYE

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    hey, you guys who return only to talk about how you've been gone... this is, like, the hundredth thread like this. Just post in some threads, and you'll see who's still around, organically--if there is, somebody will recognize you and say, "oh wow, holy ****!!! It's you! I'm me! Let's talk about old times, yay, joyus!" and then you will do so (hopefully in private). Then you can do the message board thing here in public, and get to know some people you haven't met yet.
    Give it a shot... because all these redundant "HEY LOOK AT ME!!" threads are pretty noobish and obnoxious. I mean, we definitely welcome you, but don't be rude... say hello and don't be such an attention whore. Anyway, I'm Kristie... welcome, nice to meet you, etc etc.

10. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    maybe we should announce this in one of those giant headers at the top of the forum. Seems like this is going to become a pretty common occurrence over the next few weeks, honestly.

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes, sticky harps announcement. Make it official.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    NO!

I like these threads! I like the comic book!

DarthIntegral likes this.
  13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Not a bad idea.

Edit: Diggy these threads will still happen. Not like they'll come here and look through all the stickies or rules first anyway.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Then go buy the issue and stick it in a plastic bag with a cardboard backing.

15. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Hello. I am currently posting in the spoiler forums for the first time in years.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I can't afford it :(

17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Is anyone still here from when this thread was created?

Just checking.

Darth Punk likes this.
  18. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Yeah those were good times man.

19. UK Sullustian

Nov 18, 1998
    It is unnerving that a lot of the peeps being all "pffft who are these oldbie weirdoes who think they are so special" - Were not born when I signed up.

*sigh* I feel very very very old.

20. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    On the plus side, it's a great night for Bristol City.

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I was 25 years old when you signed up, kid. :p

That's the thing... if you take some time and poke around, you'll see that you're really not so different from many here.

22. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    empireforever! i remember you. we used to be like best friends way back when this thread started. what up dude

hudzu likes this.
  23. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Zapdos! my greatest regret in life is losing your contact info. I cannot believe it is you.

hudzu and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  24. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    This thread is still here?

SuperWatto likes this.
  25. UK Sullustian

Nov 18, 1998
    "a lot of".