main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY is anyone updating our LASE website?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by obi-wan-bartak, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    just checking cause the last meeting date on there was october 2004

2. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    No, they are not, and as soon as the domain name registration expires, it'll be going away completely, because I have absolutely no intention of renewing it.

3. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I don't blame you.

John's been flipping the bill for that for three years or more now, and no one else seems to want to contribute to its maintenance or cost.

Plus, there really hasn't been much to update, not a whole lot going on around here lately!

4. xanatos1975

xanatos1975 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2004
    how much is it a year?? if you don't mind me asking...

5. Zenobia

Zenobia Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    I don't blame you for not paying for the site yourself. It's a lot of work to maintain for very little return.

If someone other than Patrick (who has done his time in the html mines) wants to put in a little energy without spending any money, I'd recommend signing up for a Blogger site.

I transferred my Writers Group website (http://vault.oseland.net) over to a blog format to save time and money. To my surprise, I've also found it a LOT easier to use. You can have a site up in five minutes, add any links you find relevant to the side, then just post new events when they happen without worrying about all the advanced planning.

Here's to cheap and shameless promotion. :)

6. Historyfolks2

Historyfolks2 Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2005
    When does the domain registration expire? How much is the site per month/year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.