main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Arndt working on VIII? New article hints at it.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Seems plausible.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Cameron is the hardest worker in the industry. The guy is a lunatic.

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Agree wholeheartedly. Never cared for Aliens. Only the original. Other than the occasional ILM visual spectacle, I've never been impressed with Cameron as a director.

It's my understanding that Rian Johnson is writing VIII by himself, but most likely with ideas/notes handed to him from the "story group" which probably still includes Arndt or at least his draft and ideas floating around and in and out of all the conversations about the sequels.

4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    What is with the thread necroing lately? This was almost a year and 8 months back.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

EviL_eLF likes this.
  6. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I hope so, I disappointed to learn he wasn't working on TFA anymore. I also hope he works on IX since he tied everything together really well in Toy Story 3.

7. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    Arndt didn't say the slightest thing about Star Wars since his appointment. I have nothing against discretion, but I hope he'll tell his version of what happened behind the scenes, maybe after the release.

(And I hope his draft will leak, but it seems improbable)

8. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    Looking at his IMDB page, he hasn't even WRITTEN anything since he was fired from Ep7. I'm guessing he took it bad and I genuinely feel sorry for him. The embarrassment of being hired and then fired from the biggest writing gig there is. Hopefully he'll bonce back with something great.

9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Very successful writers leave projects from time to time for numerous reasons. His career will not suffer from this at all. It is not a slight on the writer at all if his vision and the director's vision do not mesh.

10. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Probably writing on a bunch of screenplays or even penning something original, we wouldn't know everything he's doing straight away.

12. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Michael Arndt will be highly regarded for writing Inside Out.

I still think that Arndt should team up with Linda Woolverton (after AIW2 comes out) and write a kick-ass new fantasy that has the human spirit and emotion that their other works contain but make it a live action series. Those two collaborating could be the next big thing for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.