main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is Ben Skywalker a millennial?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheLastTalon, Aug 31, 2016.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In the GFFA, they probably have a "Grand Army of the Republic generation", a "Rebel generation", and a "Resistance generation".

AusStig likes this.
  2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Agreed, on all accounts. 5 years doesn't make a generation gap.
    It's unfortunate that the books were a bit too slow for a lot of people in getting there.

Along with others...
    I was also very uncomfortable with the Ben/Tahiri relationship. Not only was there too large of an age gap for me, but he was also too damn young.

While Ben/Vestara makes sense, the way it was handled *CoughGoldenCough* was horrific and left a sour taste in my mouth.

YES. The poor girl has been through so much that after Anakin died I wanted to fly to the GFFA and kidnap her and let her be my best friend.
    I felt like a lot of post-NJO stuff just pooed all over her character.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Tahiri also has to take responsibility for her own faults. She did kill Palleaon after all.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    She killed an Abeloth and helped stop Daala. I'd say she's done her bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWpants likes this.
  5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    How to say this....

Let's say if for some reason out of all of potential Ben's love interest, Vestara, Seha, Jysella, and Tahiri, or some other girl/guy/it, and they love Ben the same, Tahiri would be the one whom my ideal Ben chooses, because of her circumstances, because deep down my ideal Ben knows without someone who genuinely cares for her, she won't survive, unlike the others....
    TT

I'm not saying they should elope right away at 45 ABY or something, maybe 50 ABY when Ben's an adult?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Does anyone think a Jacen/Tahiri pairing would be good?

7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Depends. Is he Darth Caedus? Was Tahiri sort of coerced? Was it a honest to Force voluntary relationship?

8. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    We'll say it's an AU where DNT never happens.

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    It's too soon if it's 30 ABY.

I say Jahiri is a okay for LOTFless! Jacen. (40 ABY) aka good!Jacen Jahiri.

edit
    For EU Darth Cadedus Jahiri, is also a okay for Victorious!FlowWalkworks!Darth Caedus.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Caedus and Tahiri were physical according to FotJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Hopefully it was with mutual consent.
    In Caedus's defense, he didn't actually lie to Tahiri. He kind of laid out his objective:
    I imagine it went like this:
    Caedus: I want to be a Sith Lord so I can bring safety and Justice to the galaxy. Will you join me and be my apprentice 'cause Ben doesn't want to.
    Tahiri: okay.
    Caedus: So um, the War is kind of won.... By the way, Force flow doesn't--"
    Tahiri: Let's celebrate first.
    Caedus: So um, it sucked that Ben did that to you. Are you all right? By the way, That flow walk thing, I think...
    Tahiri: Let's do it again!
    Fade to black.

AusStig likes this.
  12. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    So Tahiri was in love with Anakin, got physical with his brother and now someone wants her to hook up with Anakin's son cousin? What a tangled web.

AusStig likes this.
  13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    As I said, it's all about Ben as a responsible Jedi who is willing to sacrifice to save others. Basically I think Tahiri is in a dark place post FOTJ, and I think Ben is the one most able to provide help. Their love can be platonic at first, and then something will grow. Like Anahiri, but Anahiri 2.0. == aka Beniri. (Okay, who has that sock? Come on! Pretty please and be active?"

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...le-spoiler-big-update-new-challenge.26331366/

14. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    It's a good web. <3

15. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    It doesn't seem healthy.

16. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Who would you pick for a life long partner for Tahiri post FOTJ?

17. Darth_Duck

Oct 13, 2000
    I don't know. Someone not so closely linked to all the trauma in her life. Like a bartender or a beekeeper or a biologist. Just a nice guy she happens to meet somewhere. Maybe on SpaceTinder.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.
  18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Can't argue with that if it works out.

Have anyone ever counted the number of scenes Ben have with Tahiri, Jysella, Seha, and Vestara? I think it's safe to say whoever spent the most time around him is the one. (Well, supposedly the one, anyway. Anyone from Dark Horse can answe, who exactly is Nat and Kol's mom?

19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It's not said.

I somehow do think Jacen and Tahiri would work-after all Anakin did ask him to kiss her one last time.

AusStig likes this.
  20. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Sometimes I wonder if it would have been kinder to have every single one of the Myrkr strike team die on the mission.

That would make Luke act faster.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    It would have also ensured the Vong would probably win the war.

22. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Except Raynar and Emteedee.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

23. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Using social media is hardly a qualifier for the (FAR too often-used) stereotype of "lazy slacker who complains a lot."

And Ben Skywalker is anything but lazy - he's like an (unfortunately misdirected) member of a police Explorer program or Civil Air Patrol, going out and volunteering in a patriotic manner to actually try and make the world a better place.

Of course, the GAG is NOT the place for that - he's too young, it's a train wreck, Jacen's a damaged idiot, Corellians getting interned, and so on.

Ben actually stood up and got involved, which is admirable ... it's just awful which group he got involved with. [face_plain]

... and Kylo is a tool, for reasons that, IMHO, are better articulated in another thread.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Didn't Ben also participate in the firebombing of Kashyyyk? As well as GAG raids? So he isn't like most millennials in that he has seen service in a secret police organization.

25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    So Kylo.... And Tahiri 2.0 (A member of KOR), would be what? Kylhirio?