main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I almost hate to bring this one up, because I don't believe the Fett storyline is essential for the next Trilogy, but it begs the question... Did Boba Fett's story end in the Sarlaac?

Now of course according to the EU he gets out and goes on to have another 40 plus year carear, and it could be explained away with the same line from Dark Empire so many years ago "The Sarlaac found me somewhat undigestable..."

I personally think he is better suited for a spin off film than continuing in the Saga, but he is an undeniable fan favorite, and for JJ opening up his Star Wars toy chest, the temptation to play with Boba Fett must be great.

Barbecue17 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  2. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    So.... apparently editing a poll is impossible, unless a Mod can do it..... The other three choices were supposed to be:

3: No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

4: Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

5: No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so.

3. Axiom

Axiom Jedi Padawan

Oct 21, 2013
    Hopefully he is dead.

4. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    HE'S ALIVE!!!!

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

5. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I say Boba Fett lived, and will probably be featured in a spin-off film, but he also trained a new Fett to be in the ST. Which choice would that be?

Barbecue17 and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think he should just stay dead. I wouldn't mind him having a child out there somewhere though who has a part to play in the ST.

CoolyFett likes this.
  7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm predicting that Fett will have been revived/rescued and will be the primary but temporary villain who is out for his own revenge but will somehow be connected to the development of the main trilogy villain (if that makes sense).

In other words, he may be like a Maul in TPM but with more of a personal agenda. He dies, but it gives way for the real enemy to emerge.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would rather see Jango return in a classic sci fi nod:
    [​IMG]

TK327, Darth_Thump, jaqen and 3 others like this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I'm not entirely sure this warrants its own thread as far as the ST or spin-offs go, but we'll try it and see. So I added those response options to the poll.

LottDodd likes this.
  10. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    The sarlacc ate him up and even burped. I hope that lame attempt at fart and burp jokes that started in ROTJ (and was used in TPM making a lot of us cringe), meant that he died.

DarthIshyZ, CoolyFett and Dak Oolron like this.
  11. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Thank you for the edit EHT!

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Sure. :cool:

13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    There will almost certainly be a Boba Fett spin off, but it can take place anywhere in the timeline really.

Personally, I would like to see a Batman Begins style Fett film (in tone) that starts with him escaping the pit. I dont think that it's important enough an element to be worried about violating, but at the same time, the Special Edition addition to that scene certainly makes it look less likely that he could have survived that the original "fall in the hole" shot.

I love Fett, but I don't want him to be in the ST unless there is a real reason for him to be.

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm tempted to say he's dead, but then I think about Darth Maul and realise that nobody's really dead in Star Wars.

LunarMoth likes this.
  15. Jawasinhats27

Jawasinhats27 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2014
    His armor apparently couldn't be digested by the Sarlacc, so he was thrown up

16. Jawasinhats27

Jawasinhats27 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2014
    LunarMoth That's a good idea and i would like to see that too

LunarMoth likes this.
  17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    If I were in charge I would keep him in the ground. He's a great character whose backstory is completely open for the telling. I would prefer his story be interwoven with Han's, though. Fett by himself at this point seems pointless to me. Might as well bring Jabba back, too, if Maul and Fett are still lurking about.

18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fett is alive and free from the Sarlacc. period.

Mia Mesharad and Barbecue17 like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    IMO is spelled "IMO", not "p,e,r,i,o,d".

20. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I hope Boba Fett will be alive and escaped from the Sarlacc in the ST, but with his own spin-off too. He has an incredibly huge fanbase (especially for his amount of screentime) so I think it would be a mistake not to have Boba Fett.

Barbecue17 likes this.
  21. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Whilst I loved his design, Boba Fett was/is the most overated character in my opinion. I don't know wether Lucas was really conscious of giving him such an undignified death (perhaps because he didn't like his popularity?) but I say let him stay dead. I personally thought Jango was far more interesting, but he got quickly dispatched too. ;)

22. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    It's not like the fans hyped Fett without any prompting--he was an action figure used to promote ESB prior to its release and he was introduced in the Holiday Special. LFL clearly wanted Fett to be the breakout character of ESB.

Barbecue17 and LunarMoth like this.
  23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I'm not a hater, but I can't get my head around how big Boba Fett is compared to how small a part he played in the films. He looks the part, and he wasn't daunted by Vader, but the way he got knocked into the Sarlacc pit was pure slapstick - he went out like a mug.

Even if by some minor miracle he did escape the Sarlacc, how good a spin off film about him will be? He is after all a stoic, hired gun, with no ideology. What type of character arc can he have in his own film?

24. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    For me that's like asking 'would you be excited about Panaka making his triumphant return in Episode VII?'

For the life of me I can not fathom why Boba Fett is so popular; even as a kid I didn't get it.

SYKO, Darth Zannah, CoolyFett and 4 others like this.
  25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Yes

His death at the beginning of ROTJ, to me at least, symbolizes the imminent fall of the Empire, as he was the first Fett clone, therefore the first part of the Imperial Army.

Immortiss and Darth Punk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.