main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    For what it's worth, his reputation is canon.

We never saw any Storm Trooper brilliance on film either, but they were a force to be feared in the galaxy too. Reputation has to be given credence IMO.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I don't care if his reputation had him running across Dathomir dressed only in a pair of Speedos, killing wild packs of Rancors with his bare hands before breakfast every morning. What we saw was a mediocre thug go out like a mediocre thug.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, my God - you're all insane!

Django Fett likes this.
  4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Just one scene. A bar. Solo walks up to a partially-digested cripple.
    "Fett. What have you heard of Skywalker?"
    "Hmph. I am so done with you clowns."
    Boba Fett rides his floating chair out the door.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The Bobster was undone by a fluke, it was one in a million lucky shot that Han caught the ignition switch on Boba's rocket pack. Never heard of the phrase when your numbers up? Thats basically it for Boba, and no one believed he was dead back in 1983 anyway....Marvel had Boba climbing out of the Sarlacc in its comic.:p

6. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    He's Italian.

Anyway it's my own theory that since Han will probably die during the sequel trilogy Fett is the obvious suspect. He certainly would have a motive and, as George would say, it rhymes. I'm guessing it's episode eight where Han bites it. I remember Lucas saying in that interview with Leonard Maltin on the special edition VHS that the second act of a story should be the darkest part. Whether Fett doesn't even show up before episode eight or merely doesn't kill Han until then is a separate question.

7. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Elite soldiers/warriors/combatants or what have you would have the wherewithal, training and skill to react to that situation. Fett never did anything to try and stop what was happening and he traveled enough of a distance to make an attempt at saving himself. However, he choked like an average thug, wailing, screaming and flailing his arms all the way too his death. And the capper (like I mentioned before) is that Lucas even had the Sarlacc burp after swallowing him. Definitely NOT the skills or composure of some elite combatant.

Also, how do you explain that just before the "fluke" happened that he was missing Luke with missile shots from MAYBE 5 meters away?

[​IMG]

There is absolutely no excuse for that for someone who everyone makes out as one of the baddest dudes in the galaxy. A non-name thug on Jabba's barge had MUCH better aim and shot Luke square in the hand.

You can dress it up however you want. You can call it a "fluke", you can mention reputations. However, what we have in CANON and ON SCREEN is a very mediocre bad guy in awesome armor. Boba Fett is nothing more than that.

8. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014

Yeah, i never understood why Lucas didn't touch that scene up. He has Greedo fire first and miss by like 4 feet while sitting across the table from Han (I guess he just quit his job as a hair stylist and decided to work for Jabba), yet he doesn't touch up that shot?

TheBBP likes this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    fett could always return and i wouldn't mind. even though he'd be old he could have cyber-enhancements or something. i think i'd rather have new characters though seeing as we have many characters carrying over from the ot already.

10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Because Lucas admitted that Fett was supposed to be just another thug and that it was fans who built him up.

11. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    He also admitted that he survived the sarlacc.

Django Fett likes this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Right lol, He also said that Greedo always shot first. But that's cool. A 70+ year old VERY mediocre former bounty hunter clone could be somewhere in the galaxy when Episode VII happens lol. Keepin' the dream alive!!!! [face_rofl]

Regardless, none of that changes that he was shown to be an incredibly hapless and mediocre warrior. I'll be excited to see how good of a retcon that they do to make him awesome if they do a possible spinoff. The character looks cool and has amazing potential. It's too bad that they had him being useless on film.

13. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Such a passionate hatred towards Boba. Did he steal your bike when you were 9? Did he faceplant you into a bowl of Cheerios? Did he cheat off of you in class?

Django Fett and thejeditraitor like this.
  14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, don't be mad bro, there is no need for thinly-veiled insults. I am just stating the truth. Fett is absurdly overrated.

15. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    I'm glad to see you don't care about other people's interests. Move along, move along.

16. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

LOL, when does your personal interests trump the right of someone else to express their opinion?

Hogsquattle likes this.
  17. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, apparently Lucas didn't get the whoopty-do around him - neither did I :)

Jango is cool though ;)

18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Jango is boss. Obi Wan is my fav Jedi of all time and Jango went toe to toe with him in a very good fight. There must be something lost in the cloning process.

Bob Octa likes this.
  19. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    It seems exactly what you are doing. You think Boba Fett is overrated, that's absolutely fine. But please don't force your opinion on others. People have as much right to think Fett is awesome bounty hunter.

Django Fett likes this.
  20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    That door swings both ways brother. We are both sharing our opinions. How is it forcing my opinion on others when I voice mine? Besides, nobody is taking away your right to think that Fett is awesome.

Hogsquattle likes this.
  21. JediKnightWax

May 21, 2014
    Agreed. None of us should get carried away.

Though, it's just not some minor opinion. Fett's popularity was strong enough for Lucas to include his origin story into the prequels. Perhaps his eventual downfall was a flaw in the cloning process.

TheBBP likes this.
  22. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I liked the idea that someone killed Boba between films, and stole his identity. Would explain a lot, and make the Fett spin-off much more interesting.

TheBBP likes this.
  23. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Except for the fact that it is obviously the same person in V and VI because he is still demonstrating his number one skill: looking cool while just standing around. When they are still in the palace that is totally Boba...giving bro nods to other bounty hunters and flirting with the ladies. ;)

He's a much better as a PI than a fighter, and that is somewhat fitting for a bounty hunter. It is kinda part of the job to find those who don't want to be found. Maybe his spinnoff should be a noir film. Black and white, lots of cigarra smoke, and Twileks that have a problem only Boba can solve.

TheBBP likes this.
  24. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

They would have to retcon his RotJ outing somehow in order for him to be taken seriously. I would be interested in seeing a good retcon to take him from chump to awesome. He has loads of potential.

25. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    There is - at Jango's request Boba is different to all the other Clone trooper.

The clones are very awesome.

Jango died before he could teach Boba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.