main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    No he is cool and has a lot of potential and I hope they do not have him dead cause I think he was a wasted opportunity.

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

He HAD potential. Then a near-blind Han Solo sent him screaming and flailing to his death. They even had the Sarlacc burp for cryin' out loud. There will need to be an OBSCENE level of retconning to even be able to take him seriously again.

3. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Abrams is not gonna miss an opportunity to highlight Boba in a spin-off film. ;)

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

Not sure what his potential is. In any case, I don't really care if they make a prequel spinoff for Boba Fett to appease fans. I do object to including him in the Sequel Trilogy. It is beyond absurd.

Andy Wylde and dekaneas like this.
  5. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    He is badass and deserved more screen time and a better send off.

6. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Again not sure how he's that badass. Cool helmet, ship and jet pack. He isn't really much of a character in the originals--just an extra that was marketed into an action figure.

7. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    Wasted opportunity?? I'd agree if we'd heard nothing about him since he fell in that hole, but I think his potential has been well and truly rinsed dry by this point. Leave resurrecting characters who were very clearly intended at one point to be dead to the EU, if you must. Boba Fett is dead. (And so is Darth Plagueis.)

Darth-Seldon, dekaneas and TheBBP like this.
  8. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    George Lucas has even said he doesn't like the death and wishes he had done it another way so I wouldn't be surprised if he survived. I don't actually like Fett that much but I could grow to love him if he had survived and got more screen time and development.

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    There is a difference between not being satisfied with a death scene and providing a ridiculous backstory to bring that character back from the dead.

Andy Wylde and TheBBP like this.
  10. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    He has a jet pack a little saw a flame thrower a missile a grappling hook and a blaster, so I think it is safe to say that he could have got out. If Vader can be burned alive and live and Maul can be cut in half and live why can't Boba Fett fight his way out of a monsters throat lol.

11. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003

Not to get into a pointless circular canon war but I don't consider Maul a survivor either. Big difference between being a burn victim and surviving and escaping an animal that is digesting you.

Andy Wylde and dekaneas like this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

The fact remains that between the Special Editions and the BluRay, there were opportunities to address it and he let them be. Canon is canon and in canon Fett was about as useful as the average thug on Jabba's barge that day. The guy who shot Luke in the hand accomplished more before Luke ended him. Fett couldn't hit Luke with wrist rockets from not even 10 meters away.

This shouldn't even be needed since we have all seen it many times over, but you seem to have forgotten....

Absolutely NOTHING about that says "Awesome!", well except his outfit. He was canonized as a common thug with awesome armor.

LOL. The portrayal of his death in RotJ says volumes about how he probably did not get out of the Sarlacc. Look at his flailing and screaming self. Nothing about that says "He's a survivor.".

Andy Wylde and Darth-Seldon like this.
  13. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    I mean I don't care if they have him live or not I just would not be apposed to him living in fact I would be excited. If the opening scene of the Fett spinoff that is rumored is of him fighting his way out and then going to the cantina I would love it.

14. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    My comments are directed at him being involved in the Sequel Trilogy. I don't care what happens in spinoffs. But for a possible Boba Fett spinoff, I think it would be far more interesting to focus on his bounty hunter exploits pre-ROTJ, rather than some outlandish survival story.[/quote]

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    A Mandalorian film would be great. But Fett? LOL, no.

Andy Wylde and plaidphoenix like this.
  16. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    [/quote]

That scene would only take up like 10 minutes of the spinoff and then he could go off on an adventure, but thats for another topic haha.

17. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Before you mention my avatar, i know, i know. I'm biased... I grew up just liking him for some reason. To others he's a pet peeve or even a big annoyance, i don't mind. To each his own.

I still think that he needs to be given a shot. I'm sure there is something beyond the suit that draws people to him and what was the EU doesn't stand any longer as fact. It can be filled up again, even though i really don't like his clone background. As for his Sarlacc scene, he made an error in judgment and decided to try and kill an Jedi up close (without much room to move around) while he had plenty at his disposal to try and blow the skiff up from a distance, and was then blindsided by Han. We don't know squat about what he did before that or possibly after, but i don't think he earned that title of top bounty hunter for nothing, his armor shows he has been through a lot of skirmishes. Which he evidently survived up to that point. I'm quite positive though that if this movie was filmed with todays knowledge of how people view him and current filming methods, he would have very been given a far bigger, and more interesting fight. But that's all in hindsight... Why offing a character as serious and calculating as Fett in such a manner was always beyond me, though.

Ofcourse, there is a possibility he survived. His armor and jetpack were both likely intact, and he should've had enough to protect him for atleast a brief moment to try and kill it (the guys a walking armory) from the inside if necessary and escape. I don't think that he survived without some major burns or scarring, though. If he's truly dead, i could live with it. But Lucas did handle him poorly and didn't build on how he was portrayed in ESB. To be frank, there wasn't any reason for Fett to be present in ROTJ, if it was purely so that Han could inadvertedly and unknowingly get revenge on Fett for the sheer joke of it...

I'm not going to try and build a case here, love him or hate him. But i for one wouldn't mind a spinoff pre ROTJ. And with him proving to be a popular character outside this forum, it is very likely we'll see something of him in some way. Movie or animated series. He has been in the top 4 of the "This is Madness" voting, back to back. Hey, who can blame them when this can become an actual scene someday;

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Star-Wars-Boba-Fett-Comics-Art-Wallpaper.jpg

18. TJSolo

TJSolo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 3, 2014
    Spin-off with this crew and Fett as the main. Make it happen Disney.
    t[​IMG]

Vib3s likes this.
  19. AVIEL1722

AVIEL1722 Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2014
    I think the big surprise of the III act will be the following.
    1. Kira is Han and Leia's Daughter.
    2.Max Von Sydow is Boba Fett working for Luke watching after his head strong niece.
    3. Adam Driver is her Twin Brother and he falls to the Dark Side.
    4. Luke and Sith Lord have been training students in each of their hidden locations and big conflict is on the horizon.
    5. Kira cannot fight her Brother, Han tries to stop his son and gets in the way between Driver and Luke. Han dies!
    6. Leia head of the republic, anger at Luke for her family crises.
    7. Many young Jedi die and Sith get away.
    8. Luke either dies and becomes mentor ghost or transcends his personal issues and becomes like Yoda.
    Cliffhanger! Big weapon reveal about to wipe out the republic system by system.

Tell me what you think of my theory

20. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
  21. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    So long as that's not the crew that is hired by the Alliance to steal the original Death Star plans, I'm all for them being the subject of a spin-off.

Boba stealing the Death Star plans would be more galaxy-shrinking nonsense.

Bail B. Baobab and TheBBP like this.
  22. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    BBP, you havent just claimed that Boba Fett was overhyped, you have relentlessly pursued that notion.

TheBBP likes this.
  23. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

And I stand by it, wholeheartedly. But more than that, I am a Star Wars fan and I will deal with it and enjoy it. They could do a really good job and make him cool again for me. Especially if they make the movie with him young and learning the trade while going after some of the galaxy's worst. If they make it post-RotJ... NM, they wouldn't try. They can't make him cool after that.

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

No new info here, check the date of that article [face_peace]

TheBBP likes this.
  25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

[​IMG]

DarthSyverus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.