main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Neither do I but why does everybody think Boba Fett is dead he was not killed on off in the EU novels & he did survive being ate by the Sarlacc

2. DigbySimpson

DigbySimpson Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2014
    Boba Fett is no good to Disney if he's dead. $$$$$$$$$$

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

The EU is not canon. Never was.

4. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Didn't Rinzler (or Pablo or someone like that) recently say that Fett survived ROTJ?

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd rather see Fett's EU granddaughter then Fett.himself. There's nothing in canon to say she exists, but it'd be easier to explain her away then Fett surviving the Sarlac.

TheBBP likes this.
  6. greggalan254

greggalan254 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2014
    A character of Fett's level deserved a more heroic end, a showdown with Luke or Han, not the ignominious one he met in ROTJ

General... Prepare your troops for a surface attack!

7. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    If it takes a thousand years or more to be digested in the belly of the sarlaac, then it must be preserving it's food somehow (as that is much slower than the rate of decomposition). Jabba also insinuates that one would be aware of this slow torture.

I postulate that the sarlaac keeps it's prey alive, and slows it's victims metabolism to a crawl so it can feed of it for centuries. (This is supported by the EU, which, while no longer "cannon", provides a precedent until directly contradicted).

If that were the case, if months passed, or even 35 or so years, Fett would barely have been digested at all. If his metabolism had been slowed, he might not have aged much either. The sarlaac could have kept him in suspended animation, almost like being encased in carbonite, for all this time.

Perhaps Fett hasn't escaped, perhaps he's trapped in a never-ending nightmare filled coma, with parasitic umbilical cords intertwining with his organs, both keeping him alive and feeding off him. Perhaps someone needs Fett or something only Fett can provide badly enough that they would mount an expedition into the belly of the beast to liberate him...

8. DigbySimpson

DigbySimpson Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2014
    Thats pretty much the most awful fate I can imagine.

Artoo-Dion and LottDodd like this.
  9. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Well, I wasn't actually planning on slipping into the Black Sleep of the Kali-Ma tonight, but, if you insist.

Andy Wylde and Dak Oolron like this.
  10. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    And I'm not eating this sandwich now.

He's no good to me dead.

11. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    Fett maybe alive, but he's not Sydow.

If they're going to bring back Fett, then they'll bring back Temeura

Dak Oolron likes this.
  12. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    with the new canon, he's dead until someone says he isn't.

dekaneas likes this.
  13. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    He is dead at the moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. Violetsaber

Violetsaber Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    I personally never saw the draw of Boba Fett, or the whole Mandalorian craze spearheaded by Karen Traviss. I never had a problem with his death. He was a throw-away character who received half a dozen appearances in the background and maybe two lines. Then he was thrown away.

HOWEVER, Boba Fett has a good number of fans, and I have no doubt that Disney is going to give him his own series of movies. I can even seeing them give Fett his own TV series! I don't have any problem with that, just as long as he doesn't get fanservice all over the sequel trilogy. Boba Fett can be played by anyone at any time. These three movies may be all the Big Three still have left in them before they retire!

TheBBP likes this.
  15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I totally see the draw of Fett. I just hold the personal opinion that he is insanely overrated given how he was presented to us. There are characters in canon who are far more deserving a spotlight. Hondo and Cad Bane to just name a couple. Fett's biggest canonical accomplishment was tracking the Falcon. Other than that, he just stood around and then died like a chump.

He does look cool though.

16. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
  17. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Bob Iger CEO of Disney talking to JJ Abrams

Bob- he's no good to me dead

JJ- he will not be fully digested

Bob- what if he doesn't survive, he's worth a lot of money and toys to me

JJ- Bad robot will fully compensate you with a mystery box full of Lens flares

spacename_the_name likes this.
  18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    He deserved a heroic end? Hardly. He was presented to us as a villain with a fairly minor impact on the films as a whole. His death was more than fitting for the type of character he was and the role he played in the story.

19. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd so love to see Hondo or Cad Bane in the ST even if I know it's highly unlikely.

He got a death scene which is more then what his punk *** deserved.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would not have a problem seeing Fett but there are more bounty hunters to see.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  21. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Boba Fett is the first example that comes to my mind when talking about Star Wars things best left unexplored. He was a very minor character but had a huge presence and cool mysterious quality about him.

Violetsaber and dekaneas like this.
  22. spacename_the_name

spacename_the_name Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2005
    Ep II showed us what going into his story too much can do.

(NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG THAT)

23. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Fett's demise in ROTJ was ridiculous IMO. If he indeed survived the Sarlaac? (which I don't think he did btw) it better have been for a good reason plot wise with regards to TFA. Some new Bounty Hunter flying around in Slave 1? Well that's different :) Thats my second fave ship from the OT. Behind the Falcon, obviously.

24. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I don't think Fett needs to be in TFA at all. If he survived, by now he's long-since retired to the Tropical Beach Planet, drinking fruity drinks with little umbrellas in 'em.

And we've already seen lots of Boba, both in AOTC and in TCW. One reason I'm glad TCW ended is because it seemed like Filoni wanted to have Boba in the OT-style suits before he was even 14 (remember, Boba's only about 13 when ROTS happens).

Spin-off set near or during the OT, fine... spin-off of some post-Sarlacc adventure, fine (Jabba & Vader were dead, so nobody left to pay him for capturing Solo, if he even knew Han was the one who activated his jetpack... so he can move on). Origin story of him getting the armor & helmet, no. Cheap. Throwing him in TFA, or anywhere in the ST, no. Cheap.

dekaneas and Jcuk like this.
  25. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Probably not Marketing says no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.