main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Are we talking about TFA? I thought we were just talking about in general. You are right, he will be too old.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

here spoiler tag because wall of text.

"Spoiler: Boba is a clone of Jango Fett. It turns up in one of the movies."

"There was this whole thing where he was a legitimate character with a developed back story and complex motivation that showed up on this show called Clone Wars. It was pretty neat. The guy who invented the character came up with it, which was a nice touch. I think it's on Netflix."

"Also - get this - there's a version of The Empire Strikes Back ("Episode V" some call it) where they went to the trouble to make Boba Fett's voice the same voice as the character who played his father. That was one of several clues woven into the movies that strongly suggest the movies released from 1999-2005 take place in the same universe, and if you think about it, are sort of the same story as the ones that came out earlier. It's pretty crazy. They're connected. Anyway, this version of it can be found on DVD and Blu-ray where such things are sold."

"Anyway, these sorts of clues are hidden all throughout the movies. The opening crawls are actually numbers if you look at it (I = 1, II= 2/... V = 5, VI = 6). if you look at it the right way, it hints that this whole thing is meant to tie together."

"You know, there was a post not a month ago that said what were the immovable objects in the Star Wars canon. The internet records such things."

"Obviously I got nothing against **** (cheers!) It's just the rebooted Fett rumor is so transparently coming from someone (not ****, in case there's any confusion) who still has an axe to grind against the prequels. That's where all these retcon prequel rumors come from. Don't give 'em any weight."
    So, it looks like we can finally put these rumors to bed. Some may say otherwise, but, Mr. Hidalgo is a Lucasfilm story group member who is in the know when it comes to all things Star Wars, so chances are good this reboot rumor is nothing more than Bantha Poodoo!

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I don't care if someone else has his armor as long as they go by a different name then Boba Fett

Fett would be in his 60s by TFA and you know who else is in there 60s in TFA Han

It could work but I would also be down for seeing his kid or grandkid

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Deleted
    by user

5. Gen Rendar

Gen Rendar Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    I haven't really been following all the details behind it, but didn't they announce Boba Fett was at the battle of Jakku? Or was this is a "video game" thing that isn't yet official? I know they announced he would be in the new Battle Front game in the battle of Jakku level, but I have idea how if this is considered cannon with the films:

[​IMG]

6. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013

It's already been confirmed that this is Tatooine. We haven't yet seen a screenshot of Jakku, only two concept art images. The crashed star destroyer in the background is a coincidence, I believe.

7. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    Disney had made it insanely clear and simple what is and isn't cannon. Does it need to be spelled out again for you?

8. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    That is Tatooine.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Battlefront still causes confusion among some fans, because it's a non-canon game that depicts canon events...albeit in a non-canon, gameplay-mechanic-fun way (there was no starfighter battle over the surface of Hoth that we saw, yet you've got X-wings and TIEs shooting up the place in the game; ROTJ Luke didn't time-travel to Hoth to fight his dad; Ishi Tib and Sullustans weren't among the soldiers on Endor, etc). People get particularly hung up on the Battle of Jakku being part of the game, because they know that's a post-ROTJ canon battle with a lot of 'canon' hype around it... and they'll believe those old links from around the time of Celebration, one in particular pops up with alarming regularity, showing the above Boba image and speculating it's both Jakku and proof that Boba survived the Sarlacc; while the article has an "update" at the bottom about how people have pointed out that it's Tatooine, the people who cling to that article ignore the obvious Sandcrawler on the left, the different terrain around the SD, and the simple fact that Boba Fett makes perfect sense as a character to show in relation to Tatooine, where his frequent employer based his operations. :p

10. themuzikman

Dec 20, 2013
    I thought future games were canon now, too. No?

I'll be honest I probably need to read the article about what is canon and what is not again, but I thought essentially all they were doing was labeling all of the pre-Disney stuff "Legends" while any other media created now is canon. Or is it specifically for books and TV/FIlm only?

11. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    They are canon, within limits. They cannot control in-game and in-character decisions. If they did, you would have a game on rails with little to no choice on how things go. That game would suck. Therefore, only the settings and elements are canon.

Dak Oolron and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. themuzikman

Dec 20, 2013

Ah, so essentially it's just "Based on actual fictional events."

Haha

13. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Sort of. Back to Battlefront, I'm not sure there is or will be a canonical "Battle of Tatooine" or "Battle of Sullust", yet both are featured in the game... and as I noted earlier, a ton of things happen in the battles we do know are canon, Hoth & Endor, that don't happen in ESB or ROTJ during those battles (starfighter attacks, orbital bombardments, 'hero' characters clashing, etc). In the trailer alone, you've got Vader facing off against Han's strike team on the surface...when we know he's busy fighting his son up on the Death Star.

The dialogue in the Survival Mode: Tatooine video kinda makes it seem like it takes place before the Battle of Endor, with Ackbar wishing he could see the Emperor's face when he finds out about the Empire's defeat...yet that'd mean the battle took place before Han was rescued from Jabba, and that seems very unlikely.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    fans are ridiculous sometimes. if you unlock the ability to use a sw hero like boba fett in a battle on hoth it doesn't have anything to do with canon.

for god's sake.

15. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004

Well that's awkward

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There is no story to battlefront so basically it's non canon except that it will use real battles like Jakku.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...and Hoth, and Endor. Yes. That's what we've been saying. Canon events in a non-canon game, like we've often experienced over the years (the first Battlefront, for instance)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yep glad thats cleared up.

19. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Dra--- likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Dak Oolron and TheBBP like this.
  21. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    LORD,

Hollywood haven't learned the lesson from the new Fantastic Four?

9%

*SIGH*

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    And? He also starred in Fruitville Station and Chronicle. The best actor's in the business could not have saved F4.

23. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    I wouldn't say he is the best actor at all.

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope not Jordan is a meh actor and seems to only have been considered for the Trank version but since Trank is now gone it might not happen, let's not forget Trank changed Johnny Storm, so it seems to be something he does.

I have to say I like that Fett is a Maori and kinda hope they keep the real Fett alive, he basically comes back and reclaims his armor (if that's really his armor to begin with, might not have been the only person eaten wearing an armor).[face_whistling]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Who did? All I said was that nobody could have saved F4. It's failure was not on MBJ like you laughably tried to insinuate.

El_Machete12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.