main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Boba Fett really dead....?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LottDodd, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Did Boba Fett die in the belly of the Sarlaac?

1. No, Boba Fett escaped and should be part of the Sequel Trilogy

63 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No, Boba Fett escaped and his post-Jedi adventures will be part of a Spin Off film

81 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. No, Boba Fett escaped but his post-Jedi stories should be left to the EU

27 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. Yes, Boba Fett is Dead... Let it go

141 vote(s)
    38.6%
  5. No, Boba Fett is still being digested, as he will be for another thousand years or so

53 vote(s)
    14.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well you sorta got your wish in Aftermath

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    That's what I think it means, yeah. The idea that the actual Boba Fett survived ROTJ is annoying to me. So if they have to have Boba back in the post-OT era, let it be a different person.

But frankly, this storyline bores me. The less we know about Fett, the cooler he is. Leave the guy alone.

TheBBP likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To me, there's no reason not to brink Boba back, alive and (relatively) well, post-ROTJ.

Resurrection? It's not a 'resurrection' if he's not dead in the first place. And given that, unlike every one of the poor saps Jabba condemned to a horrible death in that pit, Fett was fully-armed, fully-armored and protected, injury-free and wearing a fully-functioning, flying rocket pack when he fell in.

I think the real question is (for anyone other than someone who just finds themselves so against the character that they cannot consider any alternative other than "Dead, dead, dead!!!"): Why would anyone in said position not be able to eventually find their way out?

----------

Anyway, yeah, I'd love a Boba Fett movie. Especially, particularly, if it's set after Episode VI and we learn that the Boba survived the events of that film.

Can't help it. I've lived for far too long now with George Lucas' words ringing in my ears, telling me Fett survived. The word of the Maker -- to say nothing of all the vast amounts of EU literature over the years; stories which showed me how terrific a character Fett truly can be -- makes me long to see it happen "for real" in the canon.

Does the guy badly need a rebound after Carkoon? Yep. Other than taking the 'mantle' route (which is kind of a slick little 'end-around', I admit ), I guess the other way you go about that is to make the guy so skilled, so damned impressive, that Fett's failure in the desert starts to feel little more than a blip on the radar, rather than the pitiful end to a character with little but unfulfilled potential to show for itself it looks like today.

----------

As to the rumor? Obviously, if the Fett we came to know in AOTC and TCW is still the "Boba" in any future film, then Michael B Jordan cannot, will not, be appearing in the title role playing Boba Fett. It's just a non-possibility and the story has no merit, whatsoever.

However, if the 'mantle' idea is being pursued by the writers (an idea which has already been categorically denied by Lucasfilm reps, but I digress)? Then it may well be feasible. If they're not going to pursue a Maori actor for the role, I actually liked the idea of Michael Fassbender as Boba Fett, myself. Fassbender's got the kind of presence I'd like to see in whoever plays the character. That said, I know people who are equally high on Jordan as an actor, so who knows?

But far and above any other choice I can think of, I'd rather they simply honor that Boba Fett is a character portrayed by a Maori actor. I thought it was a cool choice by Lucas at the time, and I think it's best to keep that tradition alive.

5. AAA_Tarpals

AAA_Tarpals Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2015
    I think it would be great to have a Boba Fett movie with Temuera Morrison set after ROTJ

Winston_Sith likes this.
  6. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    But...is Morrison even a good actor?

7. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I thought he was good in "Once was Warriors". But that's really all I have seen him in. (Aside from AOTC of course)

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He was good enough for me in AOTC.

Also at this point I would be fine if they can't get Morrison but at least get someone who looks sorta like him.

9. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yep, get Tem back if they're setting the film post ROTJ. My preference at this point though is a film set in the same period of the Han spin off film, showing Boba Fett growing into the feared bounty hunter he is. I'm also all for Boba going Dredd style and never removing his helmet.
    Dread Pirate Fett idea can go straight to hell.

VeryMacabre and NostalgiaFan like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think Morrison can still voice Fett Pre ROTJ.

Battlefront

11. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Oh sweet, didn't know he was voicing Boba again. So if he does keep his helmet on full time in the spin off, Morrison voicing him would be fine in any era.

NostalgiaFan and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  12. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012

I thought his acting was way better in this than in the SE edits...Oh well. I'm all for continuity and would be on board with Morrison doing Fett if they must do a Boba Fett film.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    For whatever it's worth, at least according to IMDb, Morrison has continually found work as an actor since at least 1984.

Personally? I did like Temuera in the Obi-Wan/Jango's apartment scene. I guess I felt he had some gravitas and came off as a reasonably threatening foe for a Jedi.

Daniel Logan, on the other hand? His lack of work (save for a handful of voice-over work appearances on TCW) for near a decade after AOTC makes me suspicious. Still, it appears that he's begun recently to ease his way back into acting.

starocean90 likes this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    didn't Rinzler say last year that Lucas said to him that Fett survived,
    I'm not really fond of the idea of Lucasfilm contradicting this.[face_dunno]

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I am not against TM returning as Fett, but I am against RotJ Fett returning to be anything more than something to be mocked. I still believe that Michael B Jordan would be a solid casting should they decide to pull the "Fett is a mantle" number.

Aftermath teases that the person wearing Fett's armor got out of the Sarlacc, I don't think anyone went fishing for it the armor. Whether he lived long after or if it was actually Boba Fett in the armor in RotJ is left undeclared.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Temuera should do it if Boba comes back

NostalgiaFan and Winston_Sith like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyone now how old Fett would be in TFA?

If my math is correct he would be 65.

born in 32 bby+3aby+30 years=65

18. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015

No, he was about 30 in AOTC. That means he'd be about 80 years old in TFA. I just don't see it it.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    You're suggesting that Boba Fett was thirty years old in AOTC?

Methinks someone's a little confused. :p

EDIT: Jedi Knight Fett. ROTJ is actually set 4 ABY, but otherwise, you're spot-on.

So, roughly speaking, if he survives, then Boba is 66 years old by TFA.

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  20. JediRocks74

Oct 7, 2015

Whoops! I was thinking of jango. My bad. Bona might still be able to pull off being a bounty hunter at 60.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  22. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    :boba: Yes he is dead and is now Sarlaac poodoo.

23. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Boba's "good" brother.

Winston_Sith likes this.
  24. 1ninjitsubob

1ninjitsubob Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 6, 2015
    I never really got what made Boba fett so cool tbh. He got taken down pretty fast in his first on screen brawl. I think he's dead tbh. And so I wouldn't mind if someone, well, competent, took up the mantle.

25. JediRocks74

Oct 7, 2015

He got taken out by a fluke. He's a competent warrior. He gave Luke a little trouble on the skiff in ROTJ. He's dead though. Let him stay that way. Let's see some new bounty hunters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.