main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Boba Gonna Ice Mace?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tra-Yn_Olgry, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tra-Yn_Olgry

Tra-Yn_Olgry Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    I know he's just a little monkey, but the scene with Boba Fett holding Jango's helmet makes me believe that he'll be the one to kill Mace Windu. They are going to have to make Mace's death something special, so this is the way I can see things happening right now. Any theories?

2. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    There is on way on earth a 13 year old child can take out the most skilled Jedi (Mace is on level 7,most Jedi are level 3 )in the Galaxy.

Boba Fett fanboys would love it,but it would destroy Maces image for alot of people and totally ruin Episode 3.It took Mace all of 5 seconds to Murder Jango,it would take him no time at all to take out a child !!!

3. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Maybe Anakin would beat Mace down royaly, and to show respect for Boba, he'd let him finish the job.

4. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Maybe Boba will fail against Mace (and he doesn't really have much of a chance), and to make up for it he'll help Vader and co in the purge?

5. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    i'm with lavjoricso. boba killing someone as powerful as mace is ridiculous. It has to be someone sidius or vader who kills him.

6. Armand_Stormchaser

Armand_Stormchaser Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2002
    That, and you have to remember that Lucas is dealing with Sam Jackson here. Anything Jackson is involved in just REQUIRES him to have one helluva death sequence. Boba sure as hell wont give him much of a fight. I put my money on Dooku.

;)

7. DarthJerm

DarthJerm Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    Jabbachile, I've been all over, and everybody says that there's no way mace would die at the hands of Boba...but your idea could hold some water.
    Anakin cripples Windu, and then Boba finishes him off...via disintegration.
    That would work well.

8. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    It would be interesting if Boba did try to attack Mace, because as Boba is only a child, how would Mace react? I mean, he couldn't go and him like he did with Jango, so what would he do? He'd have to show some mercy, as he is still only a child, so maybe Boba would use that against Mace...

9. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    My theory:

Mace is killed during a battle with Dooku, Anakin and Obi Wan. Mace during this battle kills Dooku after a good sabre duel, then Anakin steps in and fights Mace. Mace gives Anakin a good fight and then is slaine ready for the showdown of all showdowns:

ANAKIN v OBI WAN

Yoda by this time has taken the twins to dagobah for protection from the Emperor and Anakin.

10. PDZSY

PDZSY Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I definitely think Boba is going to reappear in Episode III, but I do not think we will destroy Mace Windu directly, instead I think he will kill him indirectly in some way. Here's my theory. I think that Boba Fett will play a large roll in the Jedi Purge. My guess is he will kill Padme' and make it look like the Jedi were involved. If Anakin went into a rage and slaughtered tons of Tusken Raiders when Shmi was killed, just imagine what he would do if Padme' was killed. He would totally destroy whoever did this, even if it was the Jedi. I believe the reason Lucas put in the part with the Tusken Raiders was to foreshadow the Jedi Purge in Episode III. So when Anakin kills Mace, it will really be Boba Fett who was behind it. If Boba did this, it would avenge his father's death by killing Mace Windu and killing Padme'. Both of which Jango tried to accomplish and failed. It would also be very climactic to find out that ultimately, Boba Fett was the reason Anakin became Vader.

11. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    My bet is on Vader to take out Mace.

12. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    I've been through this in the other forum a few weeks ago, but It's a fun subject to speculate about so here I go again. . .

There ain't no way Boba is going to kill mace in a one on one fight.

There ain't no way ANAKIN/VADER is going to kill Mace in a one on one fight. I think Mace would defeat Obi-Wan and I'm possitive that we will see Obi-Wan defeat Anakin.

He's too powerful for either one of them to handle individually. However, I think if they worked together it could be done. Or if Boba worked as the leader of a squad of clonetroopers or bountyhunters, then I think he would succeed.

I do think that Boba should be involved somehow given they way they set it up in Episode II.

13. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I always envisioned Anakin killing Mace, but that was before Episode II.

Now I think Dooku is Anakin bait, so that leaves Boba Fett to kill Mace, which makes sense.

I think it may be a ship-to-ship type thing. He could take Mace out with Slave I, which would help reconcile how a Jedi could be taken out by a kid. A space battle death for Mace Windu, and hence a "disintegration", is my prediction here.

14. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    I assume Jedi-Jerm and Darth-Mouth are both keeping in mind the infamous ESB line, "No disentegrations". Duh.

I hope Boba kills buttloads of important people in Ep.III, especially Mace, since I loath Mace for killing Jango....and so on. Wouldn't it be something if Boba somehow got Mace's lightsaber and killed hom that way? Three years is way too long. The whole Fett thing is the most exciting to me, even more than Anakin. The 'finishing off' theory is really good. :)

15. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I mean, can't you just picture this scene:

Smoke is rising from a beaten MACE WINDU. He is groaning on the floor as ANAKIN SKYWALKER, a former friend, looks down upon him. BOBA FETT enters and stands by Anakin.

Anakin: Do as you wish, bounty hunter.

Oh yeah! :cool:

16. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    I think that Anakin will kill Mace....they will be standing/walking together, Mace not knowing that Anakin has turned to the dark side. Next thing you know, a front view, with a red sabre sticking out of the front of Maces chest.

Anakin stabs him in the back, to reveal himself as Darth Vader.

When ObiWan finds out, then there is a confrontation etc.

17. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I think that Boba may confront Mace, but Mace won't kill Boba, since he's just a child. I don't see either one killing the other one. Then again, maybe Boba will kill mace, hence the "No disintegrations" line in ESB.

18. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    Mace's saber technique in EPII was so intriguing, so much different from everyone else's. It'd be a shame to see him go down w/out fighting someone saber to saber.

19. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I can see Boba using guerilla tactics on Mace, flying around and shooting and winning on a fluke shot.

It'd make sense if for a split second Mace was distracted and Boba had a clear shot.

20. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    I think anakin is gonna ice mace...and that will explain why boba and vader seem to get along later.

21. Darth_Xero

Darth_Xero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Mace is not going to go out like a punk. You guys have to come up with better death scenes than that. Think Epic! :D

Palpatine is still a huge possibility. If Yoda can wield a lighsaber, so can the Darth Sidious. ;)

22. Darth_Tyler

Darth_Tyler Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    I've got the answer right here. Anakin/Vader is in the process of "hunting down and murdering the jedi knights" to assist himself and the pubescent empire he enlists the help of BOUNTY HUNTERS. Boba, following in his fathers footsteps and anxious to exact his revenge on the jedi signs up for the job. This is the first time Vader and Fett work together. It may end with Mace being DESITIGRATED by Boba. So, when Vader enlists the help of bounty hunters in EMPIRE and recognizes the mandalorian armor he reminds his old coleauge...

"And no desitigrations"

Another note about Boba. The clone troopers are all GENETICALLY ALTERED CLONES of bounty hunter Jango Fett. Occasionally Jango was needed to return to Kamino to make another batch of clones because the Kaminoans cannot colne the clones. Naturally after learning of Jango's death they would seek out Boba, the only pure clone, to create more clones for a rapidly depleating clone army. Now why would Boba want to be cloned to create more soldiers which would be used to assist the jedi which were responsible for his fathers death. It's a shame when children get caught up in all the corruption of war. Expect to see more of Boba in Ep. III.

23. Andureth

Andureth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I seriously doubt Boba will kill Mace. I wouldn't be surprised though if Boba plays some part in the trap that ultimately kills Mace.

Maybe Dooku/Mace will be dueling it out in a pretty hazardous area and Boba flips a switch that blows up the whole room or something, killing them both. I don't think Anakin will mind if Boba kill Dooku along with Mace.

Heh, imagine Boba killing the second most powerful Jedi (Mace behind Anakin) and the second most powerful Sith (Dooku) with one shot.

Fanboys rejoice.

Endureth

24. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    again... boba fett killing mace would be ridiculous.

25. lavjoricso

lavjoricso Force Ghost star 4

May 25, 2001
    Yeah,it would be absolutley ridiculous !!!

dream on Boba Fanboys 8-} !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.