main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Boba Gonna Ice Mace?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tra-Yn_Olgry, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malkuth_Toltec

Malkuth_Toltec Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I think you are all forgetting a major fact here. At 13 years old (Assuming he was ten in AotC) there is no way in hell he could physically be able to do anything in Episode III. Other than the interesting clone idea, there is nothing for him.

Boba's feeling of loss when his father is killed is manifested in his future, following his father's footsteps and wearing his armour despite its withered state in TESB.

He may be involved in some degree, I am not discounting it, but I just don't think it is likely.

Vader will kill Mace. The only other person who could is Sidious, Dooku will be killed by Anakin as he "fails" his trial and joins the darkside, just as Luke would have to defeat Vader in RotJ to join the Emperor.

2. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    The problem with Anakin killing Mace one on one, is that later in the same movie he's going to be BEATN BY OBI-WAN!!!!!!!

So how can you justify that?''

The sneak attack seems the only answer here, but then that qualifies as a lame death which Lucas has promised SMJ isn't going to happen.

3. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I really think this Boba hype is going too far. He will still be a kid. I don't even know if we'll see him in the final installement. A 13 year old killing any jedi is ridiculous.

4. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    For all those Anti-Boba Killing Mace People out there-

Lucas has takens ridiculous, and shown us its possible-

Examples-
    1.When you first saw ESB, did you not think it was rediculous Vader was Luke father, and that it was mearly a trick?
    2.In TPM, Anakin, a Un-traind 9 year old boy destroys a Droid Control Ship.
    3.In AOTC, When you first heard of Yoda fighting, did it not seem odd and out of place?
    4.In ROTJ did you expect for a bunch of spear throwing Teedy Bears to take out legions of Stormtroopers, and Some imperial Chicken Walkers?

-I rest My case, Boba can Kill Windu, the Ridiculous is possible. :)

This rant brought to you by Quickstrike34, please return to your normal internet surfing. :cool:

5. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Yeah, and in a lot of those cases, the ridiculous remained ridiculous even after we saw it.

6. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    very true

ROTJ would be so much better without Ewoks

7. Edessa

Edessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2002
    Poor Ewoks. [face_laugh]

I actually like the idea of Mace being killed by Boba in a space battle. It would be more likely than a land fight.

Whatever it is, I just want it to be good!

8. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    I'm starting to come around to the idea of Boba killing Mace with Slave I. But I'm not totally there yet ;)

9. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Well Daniel Logan is 14. I think Boba might be 12 in AOTC.

Still...a determined 15-18 year old bounty hunter who has been trained very well can do a lot of damage, especially on a fluke shot.

10. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    I hope Mace goes out looking like he was one of the biggest badass mofo's in the universe.

11. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Nah, Mace deserves to get b---- slapped by a 13 year old for being so overrated.

12. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I'll Agree to that.

Heres what I will never understand-

People Ask how can someone Adore Fett so much, when all he had was 10 Mins. Of Screen Time Total, if that.
    However, these same people will say that Mace Windu is one of the best Jedi Ever, when hes had about as much Screen Time as Boba did in The OT....

For all its worth, I Want Fett to Kill Mace, and to see Mace go Down Easy :)

13. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    vader should kill mace. he should be the last of several jedi that vader takes out.

14. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I like other peoples ideas about Vader beating Mace, then letting Fett have the honor of killing him. It wouldn't be a cheap death, but Boba would get his revenge.

15. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Yo, Samual L. ! Don't think we don't know you peak in on these forums and read every thread concerning Mace Windu. So get yo a---- signed up and admit that yo a----- is get'n fried three years from now by a 13 year old!!!! :cool:

16. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    ok I dont want to get off on a Rant here but what is so great about Boba Fett. I mean hes a 10-12 year old kid in Clones. Empire he takes Han away after Vader did all the work. Then in Jedi he gets KILLED and does not escape the Sarlac. Mace is one of the coolest charecters in the whole PT he does not need to be killed by a 15 year old overrated charecter. Dont get me wrong I dont hate Boba Fett I think that he just gets so much hype for being in the right places at the right time. Of Course thats just my opnion I could be wrong

17. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    Yeah, I think you could be wrong. :p

And it was Fett not Vader who did all the work capturing Han. Go watch Empire again.

And all the movies show is that Fett got SWALLOWED. Common sense and logic says that he most likely could have escaped such a predicament. That's why Lucas needs to re-shoot that sequence so that Fett dies more like Jango did.

18. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    He died. Anything that says otherwise is EU...

19. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Boba did all the work in catching Han umm no he didnot. Yes Vader did hire him but who put him in the weakend state it sure was not fett it was Vader

20. Archangel6000

Archangel6000 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Obi-1 says that the Emporer wiped out the Jedi with VADER's help. Mace is a jedi and will die at the hands of Vader. This means that Obi-1 already kicked Anakin's @ss, doesn't it? I assume that Anakin is only considered vader after he is injured and put in the black iron-lung. I could be wrong, but who knows. He could be considered vader after he is expelled from the jedi order for forming a material connection(i.e. his marriage) and picked up by Palpatine. But that brings up the question of Dooku. He has to die, but at whose hands? Maybe Mace kills Dooku. He is trained in the VII level of lightsaber. But what level are Dooku and Yoda trained in? I think that Mace is better than Dooku and Yoda in that he has mastered level VII, which is very close to sith standards, if i remember my visual dictionary correctly. (don't b!tch at me for using a visual dictionary, it is cannon. It's put out by lucasbooks). I do, however, think that Yoda has delved into the Dark Arts just for defense. Always know the bad guys weapons, or something like that. If Dooku learned from a Sith holocron in the JEDI library, then Yoda could study it too.

IMO, it would be illogical for Boba to have a major role in E3, unless he begins his reputation as a bounty hunter and earns the reputation of using disintigrations (hence Vader's line in TESB). I don't think he could take out Mace, even if he was lucky. But, who knows. Time will tell.

21. BlackPool

Mar 29, 2000
    jabachile He was SWALLOWED. Anything else is EU :p

>>He is trained in the VII level of lightsaber.<<

I don't remember this being stated in the movie. And the idea that a Jedi must train in the dark arts to become more powerful is one of the worst ideas I have heard of from the EU/AU.

And yes, the visual dictionary IS EU/AU.

22. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    You know what is cannon and not EU?

Mace killing Jango in one rush, and could have killed him even before that on the balcony.

Mace will die by someone who has the power to .

23. Archangel6000

Archangel6000 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    And who are you mister snobby black pool.
    Probably keep squid in there for all we know.

People argue about EU all the time, but what's this AU bull$hit? I ain't never heard of no AU nonsense. I think you makin' stuff up. How old are you, boy? (RHETORICAL QUESTION)

rhetorical means you don't answer it.

what's not rhetorical is my most sincere request as to an explanation of AU.

and another thing. you think lucas just invented these characters with just their lines in mind? that they have no history whatsoever?

NO!!!!!!!

Every character has a little history to them. this information is put out in the visual dictionaries.

this is a little theory of mine. anybody care to go verify it for me at
    <www.starwars.com>
    ?

fine, i'll do it myself.

and what do you mean studying the dark arts is ridiculous?

"keep thy friends close and thy enemies closer"

"know thy enemy"

knowing the tactics of your enemy is the most militarily sound idea I have ever heard. I didn't say it made him more powerful. you made that assumption. you full of gumption, boy.

moving on from that unpleasant issue,

mace could not kill jango on the balcony because he couldn't.

"The code forbids it."

he threatened him because he was the only one who posed any real threat on the balcony besides Dooku. put yourself in mace's shoes. you got some lame @$$ nemoidians who whine about everything, a former jedi knight/respectable citizen, and some cowboy in a suit of armor. (talk about a paradox) what's your best course of action? to threaten the cowboy and address the ex-jedi, who could kick your butt w/ some life-draining lightning. mace had it all planned out, boy.

And did you mean to end your statement with a period instead of words?

all in good fun i'm sure.

okay, i luv ya, bu-bye!

24. Lightsabel2

Lightsabel2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    maybe sidious will take him out :), ya neva know ..

25. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    How is Mace gonna get his hands on Palpy?

The only reason Palpy died is cause he thought he was safe with Vader there...

Mace will die in combat, maybe protecting or defending something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.