main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Boba Gonna Ice Mace?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Tra-Yn_Olgry, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    >>Probably keep squid in there for all we know. <<

I try but they keep dying on me :(

>>I think that Mace is better than Dooku and Yoda in that he has mastered level VII, which is very close to sith standards, if i remember my visual dictionary correctly.<<

Ok if you are not insinuating here that Mace is better then Yoda because he is using a "sith technique" then I have no idea what else you could mean. Mind explaining, please?

Besides, the idea is rediculous because the Sith were fallen Jedi who were defeated by said Jedi 1000 years earlier. Any techniques they would have invented on thier own would have been done by and/or after Darth Bane and would not been recognized by the Jedi since they were done in secret.

Also Qui-Gon recognised Maul as being a Sith lord BECAUSE he was using Jedi techniques.

And since you are new here and maybe didn't know this, I will clue you in that "flaming" is not exceptable behavior.

Oh, and I TOTALLY agree with your assessment of Jango and Mace on the balcony. RIGHT-ON :)

2. Lightsabel2

Lightsabel2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    *shrugs* as long as he gets taken out, i dislike mace's character he doesnt do anything! *besides kill jango*

3. Archangel6000

Archangel6000 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    forgive me for "flaming"

i aint gay! (rim shot) (cricket chirps)

i am new and i misunderstand the term flaming. could you explain it in your next post and perhaps also offer me forgiveness for insulting you (i assume this is what flaming is). also, as a note nobody should take any offense when reading my writings.

i am an aspiring comedian and mean no offense and often don't think about what i'm saying/writing. yes it gets me in trouble sometimes, but more or less it seems to work out.

forgive me blackpool.

moving on to more interesting subjects

(forgive me for quoting/using the visual dictionary for evidence. i think it's valid)

"The [Jedi] Archives vault contains the only known Sith Holocrons, whose very existence is reavealed only to a handful of Jedi at the highest levels. These infernal devices contain teachings of powerful evil, bu thave sometimes been consulted when Sith enemies posed a threat to the Jedi."

Count Dooku studied this because he was power hungry. Mace studied it cuz he da leader. Yoda studied it cuz he da oldest guy in da book. Qui-Gon is too rebelious too have seen it (the council wisened up on who could use it after Dooku left) so he concludes that the mysterious attacker in TPM was a Sith cuz he only knows that the Sith are fallen Jedi.

About Mace's technique.

"Mace Windu
    A Form VII instructor, Mace Windu is one of the best living lightsaber fighters in the Jedi Order. Only high-level masters of multiple forms can achieve and control Form VII. This dangerous regimen cuts perilously close to the Sith focus on physical combat ability."

my previous post was slightly inaccurate and i attested to this.

>>I think that Mace is better than Dooku and Yoda in that he has mastered level VII, which is very close to sith standards, if i remember my visual dictionary correctly.<<

note the words "i think" and "if i remember . . . correctly".

forgive my impudence. (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

i don't think i have anything else to say, 'cept a final apology, a "thanks for the acclamation", and a final request for an explanation of AU. What does it stand for?

Thanks you all. You've been a wonderful audience. G'night.

4. MasterJedi-Mackey

MasterJedi-Mackey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    Okay, here is my theory.

Darth Tyrannus is again caught by the Jedi. This time, it is only Anakin facing DT as his "training" nears completion. The Jedi, having realized the dangerous slide of Anakin, rush to interfer in this development. As the two fight, Boba Fett quietly positions himself to ambush the Jedi. Anakin defeats Dooku in devilishly-dramatic fashion, as the dark lord of the sith uses Padme as bait into this fight in the first place. As Dooku perishes, Bobba gets off a blast from his "new toy" a disintegration beam forever removes Anakin's true love.
    Obi-Wan, having tracked Anakin to this enclave (lava pits) witnesses Dooku's destruction and confronts Anakin while he is PISSED. As the hate swells in him (AS), the two begin to fight as years of frustration begin to pulsate through him and he fully embraces the darkside of the force. Limbs are cut off as the two wage deadly battle, Obi-Wan still lecturing, Anakin seething. Mace interrupts the battle as he deflects an enormously impressive strike from a stricken yet still deadly Anakin and the two Jedi (Master/Knight) attempt to stamp out the deadly apprentice of darkness Anakin Skywalker. As an attempt to stop the battle (witnessing how "Hate has made him powerful), Mace orders Obi 1 out of the area, which only enrages Anakin further and results in Mace's death (in the famous blaze of glory), but only after Obi-Wan escapes until ANH-IV.

5. BlackPool

BlackPool Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 29, 2000
    archangel6000 Hey, no problem.

Basically flaming is when you make personal attacks like calling some one snobby and act in a condescending tone. If you disagree with someone, then address the WORDS, THOUGHTS, AND IDEAS that were WRITTEN and not the person him/herself. Actually what you wrote wasn't that bad and I have seen a lost worse--A LOT WORSE.

I suggest looking at these: smilies/emotions They will make it a lot easier for other people who don't know you to understand that your just joking. :)

And to answer your question AU stands for what I and many other posters in the film forums think of the EU and that is (Alternate Universe). Please understand that when you make your points of view based on material other then the FILMS or NOVAL ADAPTATION OF THE FILMS (cannon), that they carry no more weight then any other fan's ideas here. Why?

Well, Lucas has shown time and time again that he changes his mind and has no problems contradicting the EU in the movies. Several times already we have watched as the EU authors scramble about re-adjusthing thier ideas to fit the new cannonical additions. Examples incluse Boba Fett, Sith history, Republic's age, and others I can't remember right now.

However, you might be interested in this forum:

Beyond the Films: The Expanded Universe

There you don't half to put up with crabby cannonists like me arguing with you all the time :) Don't get me wrong, you are more then welcome to speculate in the Film Forums based on the EU, but when you do, you will run into a lot less trouble if you DON'T treat it as THE DEFINITIVE answer to the thread's question.

Sorry for being so long winded. Just trying to be helpful :)

And to get back on topic--No, Boba's not going to ICE Mace; He's going to FRY Mace so there :p

6. darth_pooh

darth_pooh Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    I don't have actual information so here goes - not a spoiler - don't even know if it will work:

Imagine this scene for EP III:

Clone Troopers come down a walk way near the Jedi: They take their helmets off - they all look the same right? Obedient, blank faced....

....then suddenly, one of them seems to have a mind of his own, smirks and raises his blaster and starts firing.

Ever thought that maybe Boba joins the Army as a way to hide? And make his master plan?
    I can just see it: off on a faraway clone campaign...General Fisto is leading the troops, when suddenly one of them turns on him and starts firing on him.

THink about it: the grown Boba has the ultimate disguise...he can assume the costume of any clone trooper!

I don't think anyone's thought of this before.

That would be unreal!!! LOL. But Boba would have to plan the attack pretty carefully because dressed as a clone trooper he would only have regular gear...not his father's gear (which I'm sure he stows away for later use). To fight mace or any number of the Jedi, Boba would either have to:

1. Put special ("hidden") weapons on his clone suit.
    2. Take advantage of the situation.

I guess Boba would have to be older...but he could either age a little faster (but not really quickly)

or lets say that like most teenagers = = he has a "growth spurt" when he's 14 or something and his voice gets deeper. Deep enough to sound like a clone? I don't know.

Or maybe with the expanding war, the Kaminoans start sending them out into the field younger and younger...who knows?

But his "hiding" as a trooper would explain - the "no disintegrations" line in the OT - his specialty is stealthily disintegrating Jedi...

And it would also explain how he takes his "secret" revenge on the Jedi, one by one.
    The only question is whether they would sense him through the force?

7. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    cool idea but boba will just be a kid so nope

8. Archangel6000

Archangel6000 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    there's all this argument about boba still being a kid in E3. But what if he went back to Kamino and demanded (or paid for, whatever you prefer) for some growth acceleration. He could age 10-15 years in only 2-4. (I don't know how accurate my numbers are for that last statement. It's a guess).

Black Pool. Is this going somewhere? [face_laugh]

just kidding! i like these emoticons.

thank you for explaining AU and what is canon. However i'm gonna bug you one last time with two comments/questions.

1. Can you define canon? I can get a rough idea of what it is, but I would love an official definition. Thanx!

2. I now understand that only the films and their novelizations are cannon. But it just doesn't make sense to me that LUCASBOOKS puts out books that aren't cannon when they seem like they could/should be. sorry to bug you about it, but it just seems wrong, ya now?

3. (I know i said 2. Sorry, i lied. :p) How do you send private messages? i think it would be much more productive for us to duel it out in private (if that's what in fact we're doing, even though i refer to it as training, since i's a newbie). Thanx

I appreciate your commentary and instruction. Thanx!

DARTH_POOH

Great idea, fits right with mine! he goes back to kamino and joins the clone army after getting some training! it fits! Ah HA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.