main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Is C3P0 a little non-observant?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by harpm1, Jun 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Just a curiosity but why didn't 3P0 notice the Senator's ship land in Tatooine? I mean they walk right up to him and he acts as if he didn't know this HUGE ship just landed behind him. :confused:

2. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Maybe in the SW universe, the ships that make noise in the vaccuum of space don't make noise in an actual atmosphere? :)

3. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
  4. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Ah yes. Nothing like a few leaps in logic to brighten your day. **laugh**

My justification - 3P0 saw them land, but went back to fixing the vaporator since that's what he was told to do.

Here's another question, though. How do 3P0 and R2 get off of Geonosis? One scene, R2 is putting 3P0's head back on, the next scene they're in - Anakin and Padmé's wedding?? Who went back and picked 'em up? I mean, they're just a couple of droids, right? (no, I'm not being blasphemous - I'm just saying that droids tend to be nicely replaceable in the SW universe.)

^.^

edit: You'd think by now that I'd know how to spell Geonosis..

5. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    HA HA! That sort of makes sense...from a certain point of view.

(...or perhaps it was a last minute change when they decided to take some scenes out of the film)

Edit: Maybe R2 had a bit more than just rockets inside his arms to get of Geonosis (or how ever it's spelled). Like a hyperdrive unit? [face_laugh]

6. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    I think Padme is sort of fond of R2. She probably went back for him, and just got 3PO since she was there.

7. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I think it's just important that they were there for the wedding. I mean, like George always says, the story is really told through the eyes of the Droids. It's just another one of thise things. But if you think about it, niether of the droids were near the big battle on geonosis. Hmm... ah, who cares.

LP :)

8. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    If the story is told through the eyes of the droids, then is the dialogue translated by a droid? Because that would explain a lot... :)

9. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL!!

But then again, don't get me started on language. It's not pretty. [face_laugh] A few of you have already been unwitting victims of my "Eavesdropping with perfect clarity into a universe we know nothing about" paper. Yeah, college did bad things to me. ;)

scarred for life, I am.
    :D

10. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Yes, college did bad things to a lot of us. Don't even get me started on how I would have edited the arena battle. :D

11. Darth_Shemp

Darth_Shemp Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Actually K_T how would you edit the last battle?

12. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    A little off topic but Maybe R2 and 3PO got married too. Ha ha ha . Hey I thought it was funny. But it was cool that Padme and Anakin both had their droids there and at least those two remain budds.

And if I had edited the arena battle I would have just shown more of the other jedi fighting. I can never get enough Jedi/Braveheart action! Whoo Hoo!

13. Darth_Shemp

Darth_Shemp Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Especially those N'synch Jedi. [face_devil]

14. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Well, Shemp, if I were to re-edit that battle sequence, the first thing to go would be cutting from a lightsabre fight that was just starting to get good to a dumb C3PO one-liner. (I don't totally hate C3PO, really, I just don't think he belonged there.) The next thing I would do is show more of the various Jedi in action. I would also show more of Mace's fight with Jango.

I think I would just prefer the whole thing to be much darker and more intense, without the limitation of keeping a PG rating. [face_mischief]

15. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    PG limitation is REALLY unfair, because the PG-13 rating did not exist until i think the second indiana jones movie, because it just wasn't bad enough to be R or clean enough to be PG. this also (sort of) explains why there's nudity in the old romeo and juliet and it's only rated PG. honestly they're forcing themselves to dilute the good parts of the movie with crap for very small children (the terrible threepio lines), because they want to keep a death grip on that PG rating. when really if the original trilogy was being created today, it'd easily end up with a PG-13 rating.

i've noticed that about movie franchises though, i can't think of any movies where the sequels were rated worse than the original films. they seem to just REFUSE to let that happen, heh.

i wish aotc was PG-13. :(

16. harpm1

Feb 19, 2002
    Ain't that the truth!

oooooh I hate the rating boards of American!
    With their Weeee Beeety eyes and that smug looook on their faces, "Oh, I'm gonna rate yer movie for ya ooohhh,.."

17. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL!! [face_laugh]

And, is it just me, or has the PG-13 rating become the "trash movie" rating lately? It seems like everything worth seeing is either PG (and the occassional G) or R - and I've seen *plenty* of PG-13s that SHOULD be R, and Rs that SHOULD be PG-13...

The ratings board is all about money anyway.

^.^

18. MrMovieMan

MrMovieMan Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey folks, I'm a rookie so I hope I'm welcome to chime in. I agree with Kirana. C3PO in the arena battle scene was fitting a square peg into a round hole. It seemed that once things got interesting in the arena battle scene, George would cut to a unnecessary one-liner from 3PO. Nitpicking, I know...and Jango Fett died WAY too fast. He didn't really do anything truly evil to warrant hating him or wanting to see him die. And that scene when Boba Fett picks up his father's helmet after he was killed in the arena...was I the only one thinking to themself - "please let Jango's head fall out. Please let it fall out". Just curious. Well, I look forward to talking to all of you more.
    Take care,
    Mr Movie Man (M3)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.