main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is Captain Phasma Rey's Mother and Force Sensitive??

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by THEMELO1, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEMELO1

THEMELO1 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2001
    What if in fact Rey is the daughter of none other than Capt. Phasma and Capt. Phasma herself is force sensitive? The initial reason for this is that the new trilogy needs that "AH-HA" moment and since this generation is very keen on speculation I think Rey's parentage would not be so obvious.

All we really know is that Capt. Phasma is a hardened veteran of the First Order but not much else which is sure to be will be revealed. How did she become the first female Storm Trooper of rank? Where did she come from? Is her ruthlessness part of her own upbringing or possible dark side training/connection to the force?

Without speculating the WHOLE backstory, What if.........(choose 1 or more)
    - Capt. Phasma is possibly one of Snoke's earlier apprentices and is just playing the role of a more subdued bad ass than she actually is his "Ace in the hole" OR to there to monitor the progress of Kylo Ren first hand. She never seemed to be involved with Kylo and Hux's squabbling despite her being part of that top echelon.
    - She is either powerful enough to mask her power from Kylo Ren who would get wise and attempt to find Rey or the Chromium Suit she wears is resistant to force powers making it impossible for Kylo to sense her connection to the Force.
    - Was one at one point involved with Luke Skywalker and because of his failure with Ben as a student and Phasma (maybe Mara Jade) as a love interest, exiled himself. (kinda Iffy but....)

Now about Rey, what if........
    - Capt. Phasma abandoned Rey on Jakku in order to either hide her from being killed or recruited by *insert* Kylo Ren or Snoke or even Storm Trooper recruitment apparently having the "War Gene".
    - Rey's natural connection to people and adeptness to the force is more like (follow me here) the Jedi Exile or Revan from the KOTOR series. A living conduit of the Force.
    - Her skill with various weapons is not only an obvious product of the force but from watching her mother (Phasma) or father (Luke or whoever else ), train when she was young or just good genes.

Anyway that's all I got for now......
    Please feel free to add or point out anything I may have overlooked in my speculations.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, I can see the couple of Luke and Phasma. Luke a little too short for a stormtrooper and Phasma a little too big for a stormtrooper. [face_batting]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Allana_Rey and THEMELO1 like this.
  3. Little_Boots

Little_Boots Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    I think too that Phasma is Reys mother, however I think she is a Kenobi. I don't think Luke is her father

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L01 using Tapatalk

Obi-Wan Catnobi and THEMELO1 like this.
  4. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016
    Isn't the actress of Phasma too young to be the mother of Rey?

turnip white likes this.
  5. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    In answer to the thread title; no and no.

Ghost likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think Phasma is Plageuis.

7. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    Well just look at Palpatine. The guy that played him. He was just 38 when he played the emperor in Return of the Jedi and he played a younger version of himself in the Prequels. He ages backwards lol

8. THEMELO1

THEMELO1 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2001
    Hey, I said it was iffy lol....bit of a "stretch"...huh..huh...lol

nightangel likes this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    And Snoke is Rey's Father...

*Backs away slowly.........

10. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    If Han can be a regular non- FS dude and still get Kylo Ren, there's no reason Phasma has to be FS to produce Rey.

I've like the idea of Phasma as her mom only because it's kinda ridiculous. If we start having twists to everyone's backstory, we start running out of time for the actual story. The players needed for taking down Snoke are pretty much already in place.

MeBeJedi likes this.
  11. Bossk74

Bossk74 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I was kicking around that theory myself that Phasma was Rey's mother. JJ Abrams could have cast anyone to play that role as her face is obscured by the mask....but he chose Gwendoline Christie. Additionally they have stated Captain Phasma will have a bigger role in Episode 8.

There were other clues such as her letting the shields down with no struggle when confronted by Finn and Han. She sure let the shields down with no struggle....was this intentional? Or part of a bigger plan? Maybe she is an insider. Also her british accent could be a sign of her relation to Rey.

JediKnightYJK and nightangel like this.
  12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    hmmm, never thought about this. [face_thinking]

13. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    'JJ could have chosen anyone to play that role as her face is obscured by the mask...but he chose Gwendoline Christie"

Yes, Phasma being played by someone who looks nothing whatsoever like Daisy Ridley, and whose face is never seen under the mask is definitely good fuel for this theory.

AmySolo, Brybe_Daker and Dameron like this.
  14. Bossk74

Bossk74 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 15, 2016
    I meant she is a really strong character actor. Why bring on such a talented actress to play a masked character if she has no bigger role to play. They could've put any actress in that suit if that was the case.

THEMELO1 likes this.
  15. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Snokenobi.

16. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016
    Yah when I first saw the movie I was like what????????? Are you serious?????? This is too easy.. Maybe the writers couldn't find out a way to lower the shields... But then I thought being her mother could be the reason.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  17. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    Nah don't back away slowly. Back away fast.... Back away not today disco lady!

Obi-Wan Catnobi and B99 like this.
  18. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

[​IMG]

Little_Boots and B99 like this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Finn is Rey's daughter.

20. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Have we had a thread for every conceivable permutation yet?

THEMELO1 and AmySolo like this.
  21. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "No, I am your mother."

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Krueger likes this.
  22. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    No, I am your mother's sister's uncle's step-brother.

THEMELO1 and Allana_Rey like this.
  23. Little_Boots

Dec 23, 2015
    Kylo is Reys father

Krueger likes this.
  24. Darth Dementor

Darth Dementor Jedi Master star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    All right I confess I am Rey's mum. You can blame the whole mess on me. :_(

Obi-Wan Catnobi and AmySolo like this.
  25. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    The Rey Kenobi & Phasma theories are strong, (and I like them) but it's always good to reconsider the possibilities.
    George Lucas says that the Star Wars films are a saga about a family. Captain Phasma has not been in any movie but TFA. Unless, of course, Captain Phasma is actually Padme Amidala's Force Ghost that managed to get itself into armor......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.