main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Is Carrie ready to come back?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by rezpen, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I was a bit shocked to read this today, I hope she is okay. Maybe that essay she wrote really was her way of saying goodbye to the role? I hope it is alright to post this, I am genuinely worried about her it seemed like she was doing so well.

Carrie Fisher Allegedly 'Trashed And Incoherent' On Caribbean Cruise: Can She Pull Off A Princess Leia 'Star Wars' Comeback In This Condition?

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/21231/20130221/carrie-fisher-cruise-trashed-star-wars.htm

2. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Tabloid trash.

J_Girl, KevinM1, Iefan and 2 others like this.
  3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Wow, no offense, but can we get a better source? Because that's an intense story, and will lead to wild speculation.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Here are some videos and pictures, again if the mods feel this is inappropriate for discussion I understand.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/...rmance-dog-poops-on-stage-and-more-video.html

5. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    No, sorry, didn't mean to suggest it was inappropriate to post.

kataja and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I love Carrie, so I mean no disrepect when I say this:

Wasn't she trashed and incoherent for much of Return of the Jedi?

klooney, wookiedookie, ShaneP and 8 others like this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wait... there was a possibility that Carrie might appear in the new film?!?!?!?!? How come nobody has mentioned this before...?

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Eh. I honestly don't care if she returns or not. I mostly just want to see Han and Luke.

9. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I think a lot of actors get trashed and incoherent, no big deal.

10. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    She has had problems like that in the past. Perhaps work would be good for her, provide some structure.

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    She didn't really seem incoherent to me. Weird and goofy, yes. Drunk/stoned/incoherent? No.

12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Watched the videos. It just looked like a fun, bawdy show. No more or less insane than her performances in Wishful Drinking.

Besides, Tom Cruise and Charlie Sheen still get work. ;)

13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    She's just trying to get back into her RotJ mindset.

BigAl6ft6 and BarkingFrog like this.
  14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Ever been around someone who is bi-polar when they're in a manic phase? See above video for demonstration.

15. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Its gonna be so great watching a blaster shot come out her eye in Episode VIII. :-D

markdeez33 likes this.
  16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I saw this article earlier this morning and decided not to post it because I questioned the sources reliability and its relevance to this forum. Look, Carrie has had a number of personal problems, including substance abuse issues, over the years. Regardless of these issues, she is a human being and a genuinely nice person (by all accounts). Even assuming this story is accurate, we dont know the full story so I would be very careful to read anything into this.

Point is, I am willing to give my unconditioned support to her and hope to heck she makes an appearance in Episode VII.

17. Catsmeow

Catsmeow Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    They have, have you not been reading the news lately?

Bazinga'd likes this.
  18. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    She's had a rough time of it. on Oprah (I can't believe I just publicly admitted to watching Oprah) she went on about giving herself electroshock therapy and such. Anyhow, I don't think any of the big three are going to have MAJOR roles. Maybe Luke?

19. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Yeah, I saw it yesterday as "Carrie Fisher' comes up in my newsfeed, and like you, I decided against posting it for ALL the same reasons.

Carrie is an awesome person, and she has been very open and honest with her issues (and there's not one person alive who doesn't have 'issues' of some kind - hers are just magnified and scrutinized, and plastered all over the place - She's not Charlie Sheen (thank the stars) and if she had a melt, it's unfortunate that it was in a public/performance place.

Like everyone else, I wish her nothing but good vibes...

20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ditto.

21. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    Carrie's good. I like Carrie.

cwustudent and Axle-Starweilder like this.
  22. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I concur with both the above posts. I have close friends with bi-polar disorder and I fully appreciate just how hard it can make their lives. I just hope Carrie doesn't look back on this event and take it too badly, she has always struck me as a vibrant and razor sharp woman and all this says to me is that even the best of us can have our off days and moments of weakness.

23. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    "JJ Abrahams"?

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    [face_laugh][face_rofl] Classic Carrie Fisher, she's the best even when drunk. She's had to deal with a number of severe personal problems in her life since Star Wars and during Star Wars. It sounds to me she was just having a good time for once, it's not like this is a daily event.

25. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Dang right sounds like she is ready to go!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.