main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Is Danielle Kieran Han Solo's daughter?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dominick1216, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Is Danielle Kieran really Han Solo's daughter. She was born in 13 BBY, Han would have been 16-years-old. Or is it non-canon?

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't think we'll ever really know, since Dani didn't know as well (since you apparently can't run a DNA check in the EU...). And while I used to dismiss her as one of those obscure RPG characters we'll never see again, after seeing what became of Han's other kids, she's probably one of the best of the lot if she's actually his real daughter.:p

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Polyhedron 94 is not canon. Though a lot of old Polyhedron stuff has been mentioned in other sources, she never was.

4. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I don't really understand why the Polyhedron stuff is 'ambiguously' canon according to Wookieepedia. Yeah, some were written by WEG people and some were later on reference by official sources...but they're unlicensed articles. In what way is it anything but fanon?

5. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

It's the Wookieepedia, it still has outright random guesses by Saxton all over the place as well. [face_dunno]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  6. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Well, that didn't take long to degenerate into another "lawl Wookieepedia suckz!" thread. See here --- Polyhedron material from 2003 and later is canon. I believe that the earlier stuff is considered "ambiguously canon" on the Wook because it follows Leland's definition of S-canon --- that is, it has the potential to become fully canonical if referenced in a later work.

LelalMekha, HedecGa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  7. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    You mean that unreliable fellow, who claims on his website that the Executor is 17.6 km long, when it has always, always been nineteen kilometers since 1983? :p

8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
  9. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Considering the state of his other children, I'm pretty sure the only good thing about being Han Solo's kid is the bragging rights.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, it wouldn't surprise me if Han did have illegitimate children running around somewhere.

11. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    That's ridiculous.

Stacey from Pink Five was referenced in Allegiance. So I guess that means all of the Pink Five films and their developments are ambiguously canon now, too, since they just need references to also become canonical?

Furthermore, Red Harvest has a character that references Liam Neeson's character from Taken. So I guess the Taken films are ambiguously canon now, also?

Karen Traviss's Jacen Solo references Tony Blair. So I'll start adding the rest of his cabinet to Wookieepedia since all they need is a reference to become fully canonical now, also.

12. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    The Alien vs Predator universe is S-canon too. We need all that stuff on Wookieepedia.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  13. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    If you honestly don't see the difference, then I don't know what to tell you.

14. LivingJediDream

LivingJediDream Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2010
    Well, I don't want to speak for Dr. Steve Brule, but I think his point is that the early Polyhedron was never approved. S-canon materials like Marvel Star Wars were, at one point, approved. So while early Polyhedron stuff could be "referenced" into canon, from a practical standpoint it's really its first appearance into canon, whereas for something from Marvel Star Wars, it was already existent, just not given priority.

And really, I thought the "reference into canon" applied to N-canon, such as Resurrection, which was not written to be canon.

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Sep 7, 2012
    Yeah. The early Polyhedron stuff was written with no official approval at all. It is literally no different from fan fiction. It doesn't matter whether the later stuff was written with approval, because the early stuff absolutely wasn't, and calling it "S-canon" or "ambiguously canon" is giving legitimization to it when there is absolutely none, apparently with the sole reason that aficionados of it can add more articles to the website.

Seriously, I want to hear an explanation of why the early Polyhedron stuff is "ambiguously canon" while the fan-written RPG stuff that linked Aliens, TNG, etc., isn't. The same for Pink Five. All it needs is an in-continuity reference for the referenced part to become canon, after all! Clearly that must mean it's different from literally any other non-canonical work...how, exactly?

16. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Yeah, the point about pre-2003 Polyhedron stuff being unlicensed is a good one, but the dual facts of a) post-2003 stuff being fully canonical and b) some elements of the pre-2003 stuff being referenced do set it a world apart from Pink Five or... er... Tony Blair. The fact that the Wook does consider it ambiguously canonical owes to a consensus that members of the community reached (or, rather, failed to reach) back in 2006. Many people with many different opinions edit the Wook and vote on its policies; the site itself isn't one united evil entity that can be blamed for any grievances that someone might have with how it works. If someone has any questions about the site, then by all means, they should go to the Senate Hall and ask. Complaining here for the sake of complaining isn't constructive to anything.

17. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Those early Polyhedron articles are ambiguously canon because some elements from them ARE considered canon - namely, any planet or system referenced in them was considered canon for the purposes of The Essential Atlas, without it commenting, one way or the other, on the canonicity of other elements. See, e.g., here and here. (That said, I think we DO still have those old French articles listed as ambig. Somebody probably ought to do something about that.)

18. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I vote yes. At the rate Solo children die, we need some spares.

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Bring in the Bastards!

Reaper63 likes this.
  20. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

As long as they are not also played by Shia Labeouf [face_worried]

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  21. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Didn't he finally get dropped from the Transformers series? And he is in so many action movies that it is hilarious, when he is so clearly not the action type.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I don't know man. He is an actual cannibal.

DarkEagle and Ulicus like this.
  23. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

Thought he quit from Transformers. The sad thing really is that he is not that bad an actor by any means, but tends to pick terrible roles like the bastard son of Indiana Jones.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I had no problems with him in that movie actually

25. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    As far I as compile my EU "Canon" I do Concider her Solo's Daughter. Having Han Hook up with her mom while on one of Shrike's Con jobs does fit in. She would be about 15 or so when Solo becomes Famous as Han Solo and her mother would most likely recognize him, no matter what name he was using when they were together. (I also think Her mom was older then Han)

Part of the appeal of including her is that All Solo's Kids with Leia all turned Jedi. I like the idea of Solo having a non Jedi child who might still have his flying abilities.

By no means is this official within the EU community, but it works for me.