main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

is Darth PigPen out there somewhere?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by AszmianhJoonaa, Jul 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AszmianhJoonaa

AszmianhJoonaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Hello everyone!

I had posted a topic elsewhere, but I wanted to cover all the bases, as it were.

I'm looking for Darth PigPen. I see he has made a BYB style 8 into a full-blade. I'm also attempting a Style 8 and would very much like to know exactly bit-by-bit how he did this!!

Also, for anyone else who has made a BYB Style 8, WHERE the heck does one find the economy showerhead that's supposed to be at Lowe's?! I've been there, Ace hardware. and Home Depot, and not one of them has anything CLOSE to what I see in the pictures!! Does anyone know what company made these, or what measurements they are supposed to be? Or does anyone have a solution for a clever substitute??!!

Hoping to hear from His Sith-it-tude,

Aszmianh Joonaa

2. SaberFan

SaberFan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    The Economy showerhead is still available at Lowes. I bought one about a week ago. It isn't in the same place as most of the showerhead's display but in a section of the cut open top cardboard boxes. The packaging looks exactly the same as on BYB but the price is up to about $4. I just finished my BYB Type VIII about an hour ago (no grip yet) but it is fully EL and Opperational. I did it a little different than Stryder's design (using Galvanized Pipe fittings) but I think it is 10 times stronger than his could be. PM me if you need some help with this conversion Process and I'll try to get some pics up. By the way if someone could PM me a good website to get free image hosting that would help alot. I currently don't know how to post pictures. My saber can come apart very easily and I would be willing to do that and take some interior pics if I can get some help with the posting pics thing. Sorry if I'm rambling.

SaberFan

3. AszmianhJoonaa

AszmianhJoonaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Hiya SaberFan,

Thanks for replying! It's cool to hear you have almost finished your fully-functional VIII. I'd really like to see pics of it, as I'm sure a lot of other would too!!

I'll have another look for the econo showerhead again..do you remember what section it was in? Plumbing? Hardware? Thanks for your help!! Will post again soon!!

4. SaberFan

SaberFan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    It was in the plumbing dept. just down the aisle from the big showerhead display. Of course this is all assuming that Lowes are set up similar to each other. I wish I still had the package I would give you the part number but if you ask someone they should be able to find it.

Edit: Just after Iposted it i thought to find the # on the receipt.

24430 Water Saver Showe 5.77

Thats just how it appeared in the receipt. Hope that helps

SaberFan

5. Darth_PigPen

Darth_PigPen Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    Hi AszmianhJoonaa, if you have any specific questions, just PM me and I'll try to answer as best I can :)
    I had a hard time finding that as well. I eventually found it at ACE hardware in my town. Your best bet will probably be getting it from online. here are some links for some that should work.
    The first one is closest to what I have.

www.azpartsmaster.com/shop azp/Shower+Heads+%2D+Chrome+%287220A%29%2Ehtml
    www.doityourself.com/store/7448996.htm
    www.azpartsmaster.com/shopazp/detail.asp?P RODUCT_ID=7223

The strap loops were hard to find too. I finally found those at a marine supply.

DP

6. Darth_PigPen

Jun 6, 2005
    For free image hosting try www.photobucket.com

7. Jedi-Magus

Jedi-Magus Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2005
    I guess you didnt see the last post I put in your other thread.
    So, ill add it to the end here.

"" I was able to get the parts needed to make the adapter, as listed on Thesabershop's tutorial, last night.

I havent tryed to mount the parts yet, (dont have the blade yet anyway,
    But i think i figured out how to do it.
    I made this to sort of remind myself how. IF Darth Pig Pen shows up, he can say if its right or not, looks to me like it would work. ""

[image=http://home.centurytel.net/CaptTechRaines/ELBladeAdapter.jpg]

I would like to know as well, if this is how he did it. [face_praying]

*edit* BTW, i found the exact shower head at Kmart in thier plumbing section. The one my Lowes had wasnt silver, it was mostly white plastic.

8. Idontneedasn

Idontneedasn Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    I also found my my showerhead at K-mart.

9. Darth_PigPen

Jun 6, 2005
    Jedi-Magus;

Good Diagram. That's basically how I did it, though I have the holder a bit higher up. I didn't use the reflector from the BYB plans. It just seemed like it would get in the way and not really look that good as an EL blade was going in there. Other than that, you've pretty much hit it dead on how I made mine.

I've been working on alot of ideas lately. One is my own sound circuit. The Hasbro I have hooked up works, but mine is going to be much better. I've also been working on getting on getting a power up/down EL blade. I've pretty much got it figured out. Just have to work on programing a sequencer. Lots of other cool things in the works.

10. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Cool. Please keep us posted!

And Imageshack is another free picture hosting site, though I use Photobucket too.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.