main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Dooku Aware of Palpatine's Plan to Seduce Anakin?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTER-OF-EVIL, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Is Count Dooku aware of palpatine's plan to seduce anakin to the dark side of the force? dooku, as a sith lord and former jedi, seems to be a pretty clever and insightful character. Is he aware that anakin is prophecized to be "The Chosen One?" if so, does he know of his master's plan to seduce skywalker and take him as his new apprentice? If Dooku does know, then he must realize what a threat anakin poses to him personally as the dark lord's current apprentice. So what will he do about it? will he seek to destroy anakin (as he nearly did in their first meeting)? will he seek to take anakin as his own apprentice? i'd like to hear some opinions on this. thanks.

Darth Eclipse

2. mrfootball

mrfootball Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    doubt it. i'm guessing that anakin and dooku will battle over the title of apprentice

3. Darth_Fred

Darth_Fred Jedi Master star 5

Mar 1, 2004
    My guess is that Dooku is aware for the most part, but I don't think he realizes that Sids plans to replace him, or that Anakin is capable.

He is no doubt aware of the Prophecy, and Anakin being the alleged chosen one.

4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Well, Dooku is far from being an ignorant man. I'm sure he has his supicions.

5. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    For what its worth in LoE Sidious tells Dooku to kill Obi Wan and test Anakin in the up coming battle over Corusant. Dooku seems to be the type of guy who is smart enough to put two and two together.

6. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    In Labyrinth of Evil Sidious tells Dooku that if Obi-Wan Kenobi were to be killed Anakin would fall to the dark side.

7. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    I think he was ready for his master to make his move against dooku and dooku knew this would happen sooner or later and it happened sooner and that is the way of the sith if the apprentice would challenge his master then become the master but dooku fail his trial and anakin took up his mantle as sithlord from dooku, even though Anakin didn't know it.

8. Darth_Ben73

Darth_Ben73 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2005
    SEDUCE ANAKIN WTF What kind of board is this

Just kidding LOL

No I do not think he knew

9. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    no, he tried to get obi wan to join him.

he had no clue anakin was being groomed.

10. FORCE-WIELDER1

FORCE-WIELDER1 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 8, 2004
    I think he did know.

Perhaps Sidious/Palpatine, convinced Dooku that Anakin was a tool in destroying the Jedi. Anakin was after all "The Chosen One"

11. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    I kind of agree with Darth-Fred said, about him knowing about Palpatine seducing him but not knowing that Palpatine plans to replace Dooku with Anakin, so that's my two cents.

12. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    I believe he had his suspicions. It's in a Sith's nature to overthrow his Master. Dooku already had inclinations to do so when he was trying to recruit Obi-Wan. I think he just under estimated Anakin's abilities. He thought that he could handle him with no problem. Only at the end does Dooku know Sidious's true plans.

Jag29

13. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    If you read LOE Dooku does know palps plan to seduce him, and the begging of the ROTS Novelization.
    Good Stuff

14. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    *Dooku sees a pair of handcuffs and an erotic feather on a bed with silk and velvet sheets in Palpatine's Sith quarters*

Dooku: "My master must be attempting to seduce young Skywalker. I must be cautious."

15. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Loco_for_Lucas: *Dooku sees a pair of handcuffs and an erotic feather on a bed with silk and velvet sheets in Palpatine's Sith quarters*

Dooku: "My master must be attempting to seduce young Skywalker. I must be cautious."

LOL! ...*shiver* That's wrong...funnier than heck but wrong.

My advice: Read the novel Episode III Revenge of the Sith. It is out there for all of you now in your good stores. :D You're questions, answered they will be.

And if you wish to get the book but not spoil the entire movie, read the first few chapters and the answers will be clear.

Later

16. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Dooku couldn't possibly know. Had he known I think he would have confronted Palpatine himself. Or Dooku might've attempted to offer Anakin the same offer he made to Obi-Wan about destroying the Sith for good.

17. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    But, as argued above, he seems quite an intelligent and alert guy. He should at the least be suspicious, but maybe he is caught off guard when it happens. Unless GL in the mean time decided that he is not so intelligent but just a nice disposable plot device, that is.

Sorry if that sounded a bit negative, but it would be!
    Dooku is cool :cool:

18. plokoon_da_sith

plokoon_da_sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    According to LoE, Sidious tells him they will test Anakin to get him to turn to the dark side. And from what i've read of the ROTS novel, Dooku is under the impression that he will make Anakin turn to the dark side and will become his master. But he does not know sidious's plan was for anakin to kill dooku and he (sidious) will train Anakin.

19. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    yes dooku IS aware of it case closed :)

20. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    I don't think he was full aware.

If he was, I believe he would've killed Anakin in AOTC.

Why woul he wish to die?

21. KyleKatarn96

KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    trust me..he knows ;) i cant explain it here though

22. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    If he was, I believe he would've killed Anakin in AOTC.

Sidious would've killed Dooku had he slain Anakin in AotC.

- O_F

23. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Does Dooku know about the Rule of 2 ?

And -- how far can we go in discussing ROTS in here ?

g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.