main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Durge ever coming back?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Indy3, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    It looked like when he was "destroyed" back in season 1, that is parts/liquid was going to reform itself

?

2. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Yes, he's still alive.

3. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    so you think the general and durge are going to team up?

4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I hope he comes back. I'd rather see him than Grievous any day.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    He's back on the battlefields a year (or less) after his injuries on Muunilinst.

6. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    has it been revealed how he dies?

7. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    ohhhhhhhhhhhh

if you listen to the commentaries

it tells that Durge was supposed to be in episode 20

and that it would show that Durge is alive again

but that they were called to introduce the general

so they scratched that idea

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    He hasn't been killed yet, so no.

He was gonna show up again in Chapter 20, before they were told to introduce the General. Since they didn't have time for both, they left Durge out of 20.

But, a year later, according to Republic #60, as mentioned above, he is said to be fighting on the frontlines.

About 27 months after the cartoon (31 after Geonosis), Boba Fett trys to disguise himself as Durge holographicly and when told of Durge's presence, Grievous orders his forces to attack him...so if Durge and the General had ever teamed up prior...it apparently wasn't a partnership that ended on a good note.

Though, about 21 months ABG, Grievous did call his major campaign "Operation Durge's Lance", so they were still on good grounds at that point it seems.

9. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    The Durge vs. General Grievous thing sounds a lot like Imperial bickering to me.

10. DarthSithLord

DarthSithLord Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2001
    Acually alot of people who you think may have died in the cartoon chapters, ummmm like more than 60% of them survived, and will be appearing again shortly.

Grevious's victims weren't much to look at... most of them survived.

Durge is comfirmed to return in a Comic or something, so is Ventress....... and most of the jedi that grevious fought will be in futher EU Stuff as well.

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Whew, I'm glad they introduced Grevious instead of doing another episode with Durge. I couldn't stand that guy.

Grevious, on the other hand, was incredible. :cool:

12. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    Durge is cooler than Grevious I'm sorry Sithman, but Durge is got a better history, behide him, and hes unstoppable.

13. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Durge is dead!

14. Darth_Meul

Darth_Meul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2004
    I hope he never comes back. I hope he fills his remaining days with watching cartoons, while extending his ridiculous tentacles to get a beer out of the fridge.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    everybody!

[sing]...and Durge came back, the very next day, Durge came back- they thought he was a goner, but Durge came back, he just couldn't stay away...[/sing]

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Durge is cooler than Grevious I'm sorry Sithman, but Durge is got a better history, behide him, and hes unstoppable."

Unstoppable? What? Durge was taken out in less than a minute by one Jedi. Sure he reformed again later, but he was taken out for a time. Later, a mere squad of Republic troops and one Jedi took him out again.
    The only reason Durge is "unstoppable" is because of some silly biological advantage he was born with! It has nothing to do with his inherent skill. Like I said, he was own by a single Jedi in less than a minute.

Now, Grevious took on half-a-dozen of some of the Jedi High Council members at one time and easily held his own. Four or five Jedi at once? No problem. He takes them out like Durge took out non-Jedi clonetroopers. When Grevious goes one-on-one with a Jedi, he eliminated them immediately. Durge? He got owned.

The jury rules: Grevious > Durge. :p

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Thing is Grievous kills mainly with lightsabers and his body, maybe a blaster I suppose...and none of those things can kill Durge, only temporarily incapacitate him.

18. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    The only way that I can think of killing Durge is to through him into a Black Hole. Eventualy, even if his atoms were scattered across the galaxy, he would reform.

19. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Maybe lava will kill him?

Guess we will have to read the Republic comics to find out.

20. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That might work. He did get his arms burned clean off while pushing some Jedi named Antilies into lava. It was pretty clean and quick.

21. Captain-Casualties

Captain-Casualties Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2004
    Yeah, dumping him entirely into lava would probably do it, since his arms got clean taken off when he shoved them into some lava to dunk a Jedi he was carrying.

22. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    I think Jack Handey once said it best:

If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man...they're gone.

23. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    Durge took out more people than Grevious did, Grevious only took out 2 unofficial Jedi. the rest are badly injured or knocked out.

Durge just keeps on coming, like the T-1000 from Terminator or the Terminatrix.

I just dont get the idea why some fans can't seem to accept the fact that the majority of people we see in the CWC dont die.

Durge, Ajja Ventress, Serval Jedi in chapter 20...... I mean ya the Cartoon was freakin cool, but hardly anyone ever died. which is cool, we can use them for more EU and Episode III.

24. i_like_commas

i_like_commas Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    durge can't die, this is true, but when he sustains heavy damage (like having his ass blown apart a la obi) he needs to hibernate for a long time. And as cool as i thought durge was, i am glad he will not be back for ep III. he served his purpose in the Clone Wars cartoon, same with Asajj, who i also thought rocked, if only cause i love dual sabers (on a quick aside i was kinda bummed that she never put her sabers together to make th S shaped double bladed saber)

one thing that sucks about star wars eu is that characters who die in the movies never stay dead. Boba Fett makes it out of the sarlacc pit for example. Yes, Fett is a stud, but he fell into the belly of a giant sandworm. hes dead. Just like Asajj fell from a massassi temple. she died. however i have no doubt that just like fett came back in tons of eu books and comics so will asajj. just dont bitch when she and durge wont be in ep III and Grevious kicks your ass all over that theater

25. DarthSithLord

Jul 12, 2001
    Ya they may be dead to you because ya dont go on forward through the EU Comics etc etc.

but its a prooven fact that the Majority of the Jedi that Grevious suspostly he "wiped out" lived in the Cartoon, because the people who did the cartoon did not have permission to kill certian people off. obiviously.

Padme, Yoda, Palpatine, Mace Windu, Coneyhead Jedi, Obi Wan, Anakin, Grevious (pity they didn't); Durge, Ajja Ventress, and some others........ they obviously chould not kill them because they didn't have permission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.