main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is George Lucas Finally back? Finally Gaining Steam?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by UnexpectedRewinds, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    I'll disagree with d's first post.I think GL would get credit for Red Tails if it's good.No matter what has happened people still think GL is a great idea guy and that his involvement(as his history shows)can be a good thing.

I badly want to see GL direct something non SW.I think he would also get some of his rep back if he directs something good.

I'd agree with d's second post.When GL went down the SW road,I think we lost an incredible filmmaker.To me while I love SW,he should have finished the OT and moved on.GL's Apocalypse Now would be so much crazier then Coppola's!

EDIT:me spell words wrong

2. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    you and me both. would it be ironic to now cite him as one of america's most underrated filmmakers? :p ach, i dont care. he's a storyteller at the end of the day. its what he does best.

but to reference back to another thread we're debating about fashions and expectations, if the now much maligned lucas is going to get credibility back from the widespread, blog-driven, movie community, he's going to have to produce one hell of a piece of work. because i dont think "good" or even "very good" will cut it for him anymore. thats the hole he's dug himself. too many people love to hate him now.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I actually think the love to hate Lucas thing might subside with most current haters. Most current haters are that way because he's the current one to hate. They'll soon move on to another person to hate.

4. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    only when some other guy starts "raping their childhood" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.