main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is George Lucas Here?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by yodaman, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    I don't know.

I give up!

2. Darth-Swede

Darth-Swede Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2000
    wow, this is cool stuff. /me hopes it's true......

peace:

Viktor

3. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    "Maybe I'm wrong, but this is all very mysterious...something big is going down tonight, of this I am sure"

LoL!

BTW I accussed jamesdrax of being a sock...

damned socks!

4. Maul KenObi

Maul KenObi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 1998
    I'm not a religious man but at times like this...

//* Falls on his knees and prays this to be true....

5. Phantom Will

Phantom Will Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 15, 2000
    Doesn't anyone else think that it's funny that he, if it's him, is doing this here and not starwars.com?

6. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    PeterMayhew told him about this site I hope you guys realize.

7. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I never even thought about that...

8. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    All this GL stuff and host name coming from a guy whos signature is "Sic Semper Socks". How about you give me his IP and I can tell you if it's really a lucasfilm hostname. It'll take two seconds.

9. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Wow. I hope this is true, but it's hard not to be skeptical. If that really is George Lucas, then welcome! This is quite an honor for the JC.

10. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I think I already said, the man has a sense of humor, and likes to shock and wow his fans. Everyone knows he hangs around starwars.com sometimes, and deals very closely w/ them. But here...no one expected this...

I still smell conspiracy...

11. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    I knew someone would mention the Episode 2 script. That ain't gonna happen.

;)

12. Obi-Wan69

Obi-Wan69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 1999
    A few things...

This jamesdrax conspiracy is really starting to interest me...damn, I wonder what we're in for.

As far as the real George goes...one of the question we've got to ask him eventually is about Episode II's rating. This has been talked about quite a bit lately over at the Ep II and III forum.

Will GL compromise what he wants in the movie if the MPAA won't give him a PG? Is it an absolute necessity the movie be PG? Because, I know I speak for most of us when I say that I don't want to miss out on George's original vision for the film, or for a particular scene just so that it will get a particular rating.

I really hope that's something that can be answered.

Also..it'd be cool if he does end up staying, and like...I dunno...maybe giving us cool updates on what's going on. Ahh...nah, wait a second. I'm dreaming. That's why he has his own site.

13. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    I too am not religious, but I'm praying to all the known and semi-known gods that this is true. If this be real, then we shall be truly blessed that the Holy Messenger, the Reavealer of All Things Divine and Intergalactic, has come unto us. If this be fake, then a plague of Ewoks will appear at the Admins's doorsteps and do the Macarena for a week nonstop.

Oh well, even if George really isn't here (though I am SO HAPPY {:) :) :)Yahooeeey!!!!!!!!!!!!!} that Peter Mayhew has decided to come to the Forums), I'll just say that what George created has done things to my life that I can't even begin to describe.

Thank you Mr. Lucas!!!!

14. Mandrell

Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2000
    Two things that don't add up:

As others have mentioned, he is a very busy man. Does he really have the spare time to talk to the little people?

Why no big fanfare? Surely having the creator of the SW saga come here for a Q & A session would warrant some kind of notice from either an admin in the announcements forum or on TFn's front page.

15. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Maybe George could persuade good old Stevie Spielberg, and good old Harry Ford to start posting here, too.

16. Vernicularis

Vernicularis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2000
    Why does the bio have a picture and why does it link to the latest select pic?

17. Mandrell

Feb 1, 2000
    What?s your obsession with Spielberg and Harrison 'Steve?

18. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Who can make VIPs? Managers? And who resently became managers? THEY ARE SUSPECT.

19. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I don't have an obsession! *quickly hides the photos he's got all over his walls of them......

Cough....

20. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    It's BS. The whole thing reaks. You really think tf.n wouldn't post stories all over the place about this? Imagine how much traffic they could generate! How hard would it be to create a profile as an admin and then give it some VIP privilidges to make it look a bit real.

21. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    A Natalie VIP? They may as well make my Nat sockpuppet a VIP.

;)

22. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    //dies and goes to heaven

EDIT: and if this is just a hoax from a colored-member and not really GL...

23. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    //Forget Speilberg and Ford, get Natalie to post, and get an admin to ban Emuboy right after she shows up. That would be priceless.

That's cruel Pyrus.

Now that I've paid my compliments, can we get somebody to make this happen?

24. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    As much as I want to belive it, I just can't. It would be too good to be true.

Plus, I doubt George has time to go to fan sites. He really shouldn't go to them anyways. Some of the fans are the last people he needs to hear from. He should just concentrate on making his movies and his family. These fan sites are basically George Lucas worshipping temples and in some cases, bashing.

But personally, I would give anything to have it be real. George is one of the greatest people on this Earth, IMHO. A truely great human being. It would be an honor.

But until TFN confirms it on their main page, I am VERY suspicious.

25. Mandrell

Feb 1, 2000
    GL is in a different league compared to Mayhew and the numerous EU authors who post in the literature forum, if TFn had any sense they would notify their readership and forum members to generate as much interest as possible. Not rely on word of mouth.

Another thing the Q & A session would have to be policed by every available admin, can you imagine the amount of idiotic questions that are going to be coming his way? The whole thing has a very unorganised feeling about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.