main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Is Han Solo Force Sensitive?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by NotSoScruffyLooking, Jan 10, 2016.

1. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    The prevailing theory seems to be that he isn't, but I'm not so sure. When Obi-Wan and Luke are training in Ep IV, Han says, "I call it luck", and Obi-Wan replies, "in my experience there's no such thing as luck." That to me says that there may be more to Han's "luckiness" than meets the eye. He seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to flying, and fighting in general.

As far as force sensitivity is concerned, this is never specifically addressed what this is in the films. From my understanding, it doesn't have anything to do with Jedi training, or being a Jedi or padawan. Leia is probably force sensitive, but she's never had Jedi training.

I could be wrong, but I think that signs point to Han being force sensitive. Obi Wan is right that there is no such thing as luck, and Han's significance in galactic events is too non-random to ignore.

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I think it's possible, but I don't know about probably. There's an interesting scene in TFA where he's shooting at some stormtroopers and he manages to pick one off behind him without even looking

3. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Some interesting points in the OP.

I've always enjoyed the idea that he isn't because I think he provides important human balance to all the superhuman stuff in SW. He's skilful, resourceful. Sometimes he's lucky. Other times not (see carbon chamber, see K Ren).

4. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Yes, Han's Force-sensitive, because everyone is.

Going back to ANH, the Force is created by all living things, and it surrounds all living things. It's developed further in TESB that it connects everyone. In one way or another, everyone is part of the Force and can feel its existence and influence. Some beings are more attuned to it than others, for whatever reason. So, some beings have occasional flashes of insight or superior skill, while others can levitate objects and use a lightsaber like a supercharged Basil Rathbone. And things get complicated when you reach the whole Light Side vs. Dark Side issue, or whether or not you accept Qui-Gon's belief that the Force has some sort of conscious "will".

It's kind of like a line from an early episode of "M*A*S*H", when agnostic Hawkeye, talking to Father Mulcahy, admits that he's able to do things in the O.R. that he's really not good enough a surgeon to do. Han's the same way. Yes, he's a great pilot, but how much of it is his own skill, and how much of it is his own connection with the Force? Who can say? And, before we saw him in TFA, would Han even admit the possibility?

Well, that's how I look at it...

MauiMisfit, Unit51, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  5. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Good point.

Kenneth Morgan likes this.
  6. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    According to Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game(West End Games), not everyone is force sensitive. During character creation you have to choose if you are force sensitive or not, and there is a yes/no box on the character sheet to designate as such.

http://www.rpgsheets.com/sheets/079002.pdf

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's correct. The "whatever reason" being midi-chlorian count (which are also present in every living being) and/or training.

8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I was also thinking about how, pre-TPM, the Kevin J. Anderson book Jedi Search introduced a sensor-like gadget that measured energy levels and indicated if a being was especially Force-sensitive. So far as I can remember, it was only used in that book and never brought up again. Can anyone else recall anytime it was mentioned?

9. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I don't know about force sensitive but he certainly was friend sensitive. Luke was left to die out in the cold of Hoth and it was Han that personally went out to save him. Now that is loyalty and commitment and I must say it paints the Rebels in a bad light. Leaving their hero of the Battle of Yavin IV out in the cold. Very cold for the Rebel Alliance.

10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Medical Droid: "Your blood has been analyzed. It's filled with midi-chlorians."
    Han Solo: (Sighs) "Should of swiped left."

rumsmuggler and MOC Yak Face like this.
  11. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    According to J.J. Abrams, Han Solo is just as Force-sensitive as Luke Skywalker or Yoda. He's just lazy. Or something.

12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Really?

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No, he's not Force sensitive. But the Force is with him, often.

14. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Nailed it as usual, Sarge.

Sarge and Darth Dnej like this.
  15. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    No Han is not force-sensitive. He just happens to be in the good graces of those powerful with the force, such as Luke. Surely, that has to increase the force being with him.

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  16. Darth Dobrolous

Darth Dobrolous Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2016
    I suppose it is possible has some force sensitivity which allows him faster than usual reflexes or slight precognition when flying or shooting. It could also be from growing up in a tough environment and learning from a young age, then the Imperial Academy etc.

He's had a lot of experience by the time we meet him in ANH, despite his young age.

17. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    He might be channeling a little force with his impressive piloting skills. You don't pilot that well unless you have a little force juice going on.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh?

19. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Every living being has midi-chlorians which connects them to the Force.

That doesn't mean they can become Jedi or Force-Users as we think of the term.

Obviously Han can pilot through an asteroid field and despite the better deflectors that that Falcon has he is still channeling some of the Force.

20. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Guess we won't know now, eh?

[face_laugh]

:_|

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Han has a special kind of force sensitivity, that the Jedi claim they don't believe in. It's called luck.

Sarge likes this.
  22. MauiMisfit

MauiMisfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I think the line by Kenobi about luck explains it.

To an average person who hasn't studied and attuned themselves to the force, sometimes things just line up. We call it luck or divine will or a miracle ... but what Ben was saying is that there is no such thing as luck, but everything is the will of the force.

So, yes, I think Han was force sensitive and even manipulated it from time to time without knowing it.

23. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015

Thats it. Some may call it luck, others will call it the will of the force.

rumsmuggler and Sarge like this.
  24. Brando_Calrissian

Brando_Calrissian Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2015
    He's definitely Force Aware. He might never understand it but he does know it exists.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  25. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    Brilliant name Brando.