main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is Han still mad at his son Ankain for leaving the planet before Chewie could board the shuttle?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Is Han still mad at Ankain his son for leaving before Chewie could board the shuttle? In what book did Chewie die in?

2. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Chewie died in Vector Prime. I don't know about your first question because I skipped strait from VP to Rebirth and Anakin and Han were never together in that one.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Han was mad for a while, but he started to forgive Anakin around the time of the AOC duology.

4. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeah, he stopped to be mad when he faced the same situation Anakin did, in HT, when Roa was captured by the Vong.

5. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    He's more angry at himself for blaming Anakin.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For the final, definitive answer to your question Bravo: go and read SBS!

Jedi Ben

7. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Hes recovered both deaths quite well, But he shouldfind Droma just in case.

8. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Han is angrier at himself for blaming Anakin in the first place.

9. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001

Han talks about how he is no longer blaming anyone for chewie's death before a big battle in SBS.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    What do you mean both deaths?

11. FlamingoKing

FlamingoKing Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    Okay - I know you're only 17 and probably have no cash, but there are these things called libraries that wil loan out books... for free, even!

Barring reading disabilities, it's not like these novels are a major investment of time.

I ran through SBS in about 7 hours. Of course, I skipped the part of the first chapter I had just read online at the Del Rey site..

Half Price Books - 'nother great source for cheap reading material..

Trust me - ALL of your questions can be aswered by READING THE BOOKS instead of having half the population of the message boards tell you the plotlines of ten books

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Uh-oh. No one told Bravo ... ?

13. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    SHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

14. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    I hope it doesn't hit him too hard...

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I think a small part of Han will always be mad at Anakin for what happened to Chewie. But even when it happened, deep down inside I'm sure Han couldn't blame him. By the time of SbS, he was no longer mad at him for what he'd done.

But a small part will always blame his son, and an even larger part will doubtlessly always blame himself. They had been together for decades, and developed a friendship that made them more brothers than friends. They'd both risk their lives for each other, and did several times. So he feels like he let him down. And rather be mad at himself, he needed to be mad at someone else, to convince himself that he would never have made that choice.

Yet as someone pointed out, Han went through a similar deal with Roa in Hero's Trial. However, he and Roa were never as close as he and Chewie. He could view Roa as a really good friend, but never as a brother. And as Roa lived, and was later rescued, the deal with him will never be the same.

16. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    NO! He got over it. ;)

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Isn't Roa the woman Han fell in Love with before he met Leia?

18. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    oh my, no. LOL Roa is definitely a male....a married male, at that. He and Han were buddies dating back to the han solo trilogy, i think.

Bria is who you're thinking about. :)

19. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Roa first appeared in the original Han Solo trilogy, The Han Solo Adventures. I believe it was Han Solo's Revenge where Roa appeared, though it might have been Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. He was used much more heavily in A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy. And she went more heavily into their friendship than what happened in the first trilogy. Having him appear in the NJO was a nice touch because it shows he's still alive and kicking.

20. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Han's like your average human being, he's looking for some one to put blame on even though he knows that person doesn't deserve it, In SbS he's over the greif and over blaming Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.