Is Han still mad at his son Ankain for leaving the planet before Chewie could board the shuttle?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Nov 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Is Han still mad at Ankain his son for leaving before Chewie could board the shuttle? In what book did Chewie die in?
  2. Darth_Smeagol Force Ghost

star 4
    Chewie died in Vector Prime. I don't know about your first question because I skipped strait from VP to Rebirth and Anakin and Han were never together in that one.
  3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Han was mad for a while, but he started to forgive Anakin around the time of the AOC duology.
  4. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Yeah, he stopped to be mad when he faced the same situation Anakin did, in HT, when Roa was captured by the Vong.
  5. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    He's more angry at himself for blaming Anakin.
  6. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    For the final, definitive answer to your question Bravo: go and read SBS!

Jedi Ben
  7. chissdude10 Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hes recovered both deaths quite well, But he shouldfind Droma just in case.
  8. Sologal Force Ghost

star 4
    Han is angrier at himself for blaming Anakin in the first place.
  9. stevo Jedi Master

star 4

Han talks about how he is no longer blaming anyone for chewie's death before a big battle in SBS.
  10. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    What do you mean both deaths?
  11. FlamingoKing Jedi Padawan

Okay - I know you're only 17 and probably have no cash, but there are these things called libraries that wil loan out books... for free, even!

Barring reading disabilities, it's not like these novels are a major investment of time.

I ran through SBS in about 7 hours. Of course, I skipped the part of the first chapter I had just read online at the Del Rey site..

Half Price Books - 'nother great source for cheap reading material..

Trust me - ALL of your questions can be aswered by READING THE BOOKS instead of having half the population of the message boards tell you the plotlines of ten books
  12. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Uh-oh. No one told Bravo ... ?
  13. Leggo My Eggo Jedi Knight

star 1
  14. ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I hope it doesn't hit him too hard...
  15. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think a small part of Han will always be mad at Anakin for what happened to Chewie. But even when it happened, deep down inside I'm sure Han couldn't blame him. By the time of SbS, he was no longer mad at him for what he'd done.

But a small part will always blame his son, and an even larger part will doubtlessly always blame himself. They had been together for decades, and developed a friendship that made them more brothers than friends. They'd both risk their lives for each other, and did several times. So he feels like he let him down. And rather be mad at himself, he needed to be mad at someone else, to convince himself that he would never have made that choice.

Yet as someone pointed out, Han went through a similar deal with Roa in Hero's Trial. However, he and Roa were never as close as he and Chewie. He could view Roa as a really good friend, but never as a brother. And as Roa lived, and was later rescued, the deal with him will never be the same.
  16. Asyr Handor Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
    Isn't Roa the woman Han fell in Love with before he met Leia?
  18. Vergere Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oh my, no. LOL Roa is definitely a male....a married male, at that. He and Han were buddies dating back to the han solo trilogy, i think.

Bria is who you're thinking about. :)
  19. Knight1192 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Roa first appeared in the original Han Solo trilogy, The Han Solo Adventures. I believe it was Han Solo's Revenge where Roa appeared, though it might have been Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. He was used much more heavily in A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy. And she went more heavily into their friendship than what happened in the first trilogy. Having him appear in the NJO was a nice touch because it shows he's still alive and kicking.
  20. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    Han's like your average human being, he's looking for some one to put blame on even though he knows that person doesn't deserve it, In SbS he's over the greif and over blaming Anakin.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.