main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is *HE* a member of the lost 20? no AotC spoilers, really

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AT-ST_DRIVER, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaeger

jaeger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    ""At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge"
    and Palpy's reaction seems to be
    "Yeah Maul, you do that.""

I forgot about the Revenge line. If Palpatine and/or Maul had been Jedi hopefuls that hadn't become Jedi it would explain why they want revenge (remember the Sith destoryed themselves, the Jedi didn't destory them).

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Jaeger...
    "remember the Sith destoryed themselves, the Jedi didn't destory them..."

The Jedi helped the government attack and attempt to commit genocide against the Sith, some 5,000 years prior to ANH. Any Sith with feelings of strong philosophical ties to their forefathers would wish to gain revenge from such a terrible act of violence perpetrated against them by the Jedi.

3. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    "The Jedi helped the government attack and attempt to commit genocide against the Sith, some 5,000 years prior to ANH"

They did that to some darksiders, GL had Brooks make it clean in TPM novel that the Sith order was created 2000 years before TPM.

Mauls line also sounds personal. Not "THe Sith" (the group as a whole) well have revenge, but WE, Palpatine and Maul, will have have revenge.

4. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Jaeger...
    "They did that to some darksiders, GL had Brooks make it clean in TPM novel that the Sith order was created 2000 years before TPM."

No, they did it to the Sith - the people whom the later orders were paying homage to. Any Sith worth their salt, regardless of whether they were from that original people, or a much later order would still be holding a grudge about the fact that the Jedi helped wipe out the people of their namesake.

5. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    The Sith weren't around 5000 years before TPM, you don't like it ask Mr. Lucas why he decided to go that way.

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Okay George why did you decide to go that way?

<dramatization>

George: Hmmm? Oh sorry I was filming the Amidala shower scenes

Uhh right George, we're wondering whether the Sith originated five thousand years ago or one thousand years ago.

George: Well my Sith originated 1000 years ago but there's alot of continuity I don't have time to pay much attention to that says otherwise.

Such as?

George: Well for instance KJ Anderson asked me for some information about the Jedi prior to Episode One before I restricted the information. He was going to make a fallen Jedi Knight named Exar Kun but I gave him a sheet of info and the go ahead to make him a Sith.

I see George. So your opinion about the contradictory elements of canon?

George: It's a movie, I don't take it that seriously

Furthermore I'm sorry to say the Sith were not hunted down and commited genocide upon. That is a fan generalization in an attempt to make the story more interesting and morally ambigious. Naga Sadow after losing his battles with Ludo Kresh ordered the Massaaii to murder the Sith bloodlines and extinguish them.

The Sith being descendants of Jedi knights to begin with from 100,000 years ago were never that numerous. The actual race was the Massaii while Sith proper were humans.

Biologically speaking massaii are humans too if very furry because they can breed with mankind, the same for the Chiss

7. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Jaeger...
    The Sith were around 5,000 years prior to ANH, and Lucas hasn't said anything about these Sith.

Charlemagne...
    :D LOL!

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The Sith weren't around 5000 years before TPM, you don't like it ask Mr. Lucas why he decided to go that way.

LOL, this is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Would you care to post proof that there were no Sith 5000 years ago?

9. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    "LOL, this is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Would you care to post proof that there were no Sith 5000 years ago?"

The TPM novel (GL gave Brooks all the info. for that book, brooks said he didn't have to come up with anything). It says very clearly "The Sith came into being" not they were re-born, not there was a new Sith order - nothing of the sort. They came into being, ie it was created. If they came into being 2000 years before TPM they wren't around 5000 years before TPM. They were dark Jedi (unless AotC makes it clear that Ulic and Kun never left the Jedi order)

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes and the Novelization of Return of the Jedi says that Owen is Obi Wan's brother and implies he grew up on Tatooine.

Movie novelizations can be overridden by subsequent literature, especially when the author is ignorant of established continuity.

My interview with George (sans shower reference) was serious in how he takes it. He has a full team of LF people who do pay attention though

please resopect that

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Ah, yes, but Jaeger, that novel was referring to the Sith order that uses the "Darth" surname, the Sith Order we see Darth Bane was part of. That Sith Order (started by an unnamed Jedi Knight, as mentioned in the novel) was started in part by a Jedi who studied ancient texts and holos about an even more ancient enemy, the Sith of old, a species conquered by Dark Jedi, coming straight from Lucas' notes.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Jaeger you have been warned that you would get permanently banned if you continued these kind of spamming comments by both padme bra and commander antilles yet you still do it.

I will feel no remorse when they finally bannish you away.

13. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    "Yes and the Novelization of Return of the Jedi says that Owen is Obi Wan's brother and implies he grew up on Tatooine"

And that stood until GL changed it in his movies. Were susposed to get a history of the Jedi and Sith in AotC, if they talk about the "old" history then it happened. However the movie novels and radio dramas are above other novels, second only to the movies themselves. They out weigh any other EU. Like I said I would bet if they mention the names of the lost 20 I'll bet Ulic and Kun aren't mentioned.

Part talking about EU isn't only making it all fit when it can't (even EU contridicts EU) but also talking about what doesn't fit anymore. I also dont' get why some people can't accept that same things have been changed (the like the Sith) but will accept others (like the Obi-wan/Owen thing)

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The TPM novel (GL gave Brooks all the info. for that book, brooks said he didn't have to come up with anything). It says very clearly "The Sith came into being" not they were re-born, not there was a new Sith order - nothing of the sort. They came into being, ie it was created. If they came into being 2000 years before TPM they wren't around 5000 years before TPM. They were dark Jedi (unless AotC makes it clear that Ulic and Kun never left the Jedi order)

Have you ever considered that both of the stories are correct? You have a one-track mind, Jaeger, and that is a very dangerous thing to have.

And that stood until GL changed it in his movies.

And the movie doesn't contradict anything. You know this.

Were susposed to get a history of the Jedi and Sith in AotC, if they talk about the "old" history then it happened. [/i[

That's true.

However the movie novels and radio dramas are above other novels, second only to the movies themselves. They out weigh any other EU.

Um, no. All non-movie sources hold the same weight.

Like I said I would bet if they mention the names of the lost 20 I'll bet Ulic and Kun aren't mentioned.

They probably won't.

Part talking about EU isn't only making it all fit when it can't (even EU contridicts EU)

Every bit of it fits.

but also talking about what doesn't fit anymore. I also dont' get why some people can't accept that same things have been changed (the like the Sith) but will accept others (like the Obi-wan/Owen thing)

Nothing has changed. You have posted no proof.

15. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Jaeger, honestly, if you're so willing to throw literature out, why don't you just leave? This is a lit board after all, not a movie board. I hate to break it to you, but your views on the EU are not shared by anyone here, or at Lucasfilm.

16. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Here's my answer Jaegar

I'd rather lose Anakin Skywalker and all of the Prequel trilogy information than lose Nomi Sunrider

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "However the movie novels and radio dramas are above other novels, second only to the movies themselves. They out weigh any other EU."

Actually that is a fan-made policy, one you made up. According to the official site,with the current policy, the novelizations are part of the reguler EU.

18. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    No, the film novelisations are definitely canon. See the official site. The films, novels, radio dramas, and screenplays are canon in descending order of priority.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    No the novelizations in the databanks fall under EU sections of the databanks. Look again. Here is an example from anh novelization, note how it falls under the EU part of the databank entry.

Then again lfl's current policy they released in magazines is that everything is canon, and only the movies are true canon, everything else marked with infinities is Appocrypha/AU.

As well CA don't turn this into a canon debate, please, :(.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    No, the film novelisations are definitely canon. See the official site. The films, novels, radio dramas, and screenplays are canon in descending order of priority.

That is partially correct.

The canon tier goes like this:

Movies
    Non-movies

That's it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

21. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    just reading the first post and skimming the topic, it is obvious there are no AotC spoilers here. I'll remove that from the title of the topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.