main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Is Indy 4 that bad?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by skywalker_san, Mar 12, 2011.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    There were a few over the top moments for me...but overall I quite enjoyed it actually. I felt the character parts were well performed, good action sequences (the jungle car chase scene leading to the ants was great IMO), the whole first half of the film felt very appropriate for an Indy film, I liked the whole '50's vibe the movie had, including the use of aliens and connection to the Roswell incident etc. Great to see Marion again-being Marion, and I actually didn't mind Mutt. I thought he'd just be this bumbling comic relief-but he could actually hold his own, I liked that.

The only things I didn't like:
    -Nuke the fridge
    -Swinging with monkeys
    -"not from space, but the space between spaces." I mean why couldn't they have just been from space?!

But these were just brief moments-which didn't ruin the whole rest of the movie for me. IMO Much better than Temple of Doom, with all of Willie's shrieking...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 3, 2016
    I liked it, especially the ending. [face_love]

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Is Indy 4 that bad?

[​IMG]

Howard Hand and PCCViking like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 6

Oct 4, 1998
    It's not that bad.

But it's not that good, either.

Howard Hand likes this.
  5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The action sequences in Indiana Jones 4 >>> 2010's blockbuster action sequences (except for the fun Indy throwback sequence in The Last Jedi (the Falthiers scene))

The script, dialogue, and cinematography (a rare misfire for Kaminski) are all pretty lame though

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  6. Your Pal Friendpatine

Your Pal Friendpatine Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2017
    Yeah I thought it was pretty crappy. I went in expecting it to be better than what people were making it out to be, figuring they were just being impossible to please. I thought that even a phoned-in Indy movie would probably at least be decent. Sometimes word of mouth is bad for a good reason though. It had some moments but they were few and far between while the bad moments were plentiful and long.

7. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I enjoyed the action sequences. The st is also good.

8. themoth

themoth Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2015
    You know, I always thought the ending of The Last Crusade was the perfect way to end the franchise. And it basically is - riding off into the sunset. But seriously, the wedding scene is the next best thing. I love how low key it is. Indy gets a happy ending, and we get to see him at a different part of his life. KOTCS allows the character to have a more complete character arc. Yes, he's older...but he's still INDIANA JONES. He's still the man. And what better way to show that by putting on the hat? He's not handing the mantle over to anybody.

Gobi-1 and Nehru_Amidala like this.