main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Is it a stretch to call the prequels some of the worst films ever made?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Feelicks, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I think the effects for Star Wars has always been top notch. The action scenes almost always hit the right mark. I think GL was smart in not giving the PT a Pirates of the Caribbean budget because they look amazing at 1/3 of the budget of At Worlds End. GL may have been rich but he is only one man. Disney should provide gigantic budgets with ease.

Of course it hurts them when they give giant budgets to Prince of Persia and John Carter.......

2. A'den Skirata

A'den Skirata Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    PT is far from the worse, see Spider man 3, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, Eragon.

3. janstett

janstett Jedi Master star 3

May 29, 2004
    Worst films ever made? No.

Biggest disappointments? I'd say yes.

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Birdemic still exists, so no.

5. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    EP III is quite good, the overall theme and plot is great, even better than OT, but Lucas couldn't let the movies(mostly EP I and EP II) tell them well, also the PT Anakin he got in mind is very different than many people had expected.

6. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I wonder how many people had viewed the OT as some of the worst movies ever made? I recall harboring such thoughts about A NEW HOPE when I was a kid.

7. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Create a thread in the OT forum and find out. lol.

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There was no Internet then so we weren't bombarded with it, but the OT got plenty of negative press.

But that doesn't matter. I'm not even sure what we're debating here.

I've asked this question several times in several threads and never got an answer: even if people could prove definitively that the PT was received much more negatively than the OT, what exactly does that prove?

That the opinions of those who disliked the PT trump those who liked it? Nope.

That anyone who enjoys the PT is stupid or has bad taste? Nope.

That nobody is supposed to enjoy the PT because it received negative press? Nope.

Seriously--what exactly is the point here?

Andy Wylde and Frank T. like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I enjoy the PT very much. ROTJ is actually my least favorite SW film.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ROTJ is my favorite Star Wars film and I still liked the first two PT movies.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd be interested in seeing what folks who actually think the prequels are some of the worst films ever would rank as their favorite non Star Wars films. Same for those who love the prequels for that matter.

12. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    So, I guess there are people who believe that "Manos, the Hands of Fate", "Monster a Go-Go", "Robot Monster", "Bride of the Monster", "Plan 9 from Outer Space", "The Doomsday Machine", "Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks", "Birdemic", and "Castle of Fu Manchu" are better movies than the PT. Yes, tastes may differ, but such people should be gently taken aside and set straight.

Calling the PT the worst films ever made is a stretch not even Reed Richards could accomplish.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Defiantly not. I LOVE the prequels. To me their some of the best films made. Sure the prequels have their share of flaws but nothing is exactly perfect.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  14. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    In the prequel forums, of course everyone is going to defend them. The rest of the internet has a different view.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, no. Have you seen some of the posts around here?

I'm trying to figure out if any of us are supposed to care what "the rest of the Internet" thinks, especially since, if YouTube and news page comments are any indication, the Internet is often used as a shout box for people who hide behind anonymity to let their most obnoxious sides come out.

Whether they like the prequels or not, fans here are much more often at least able to give well-thought-out posts as to why they feel the way they do.

Andy Wylde and FRAGWAGON like this.
  16. Chainmail_Jedi

Jan 26, 2013
    I've seen more posts in the PT forums defending them than they deserve. Please, try and defend the dialogue in those movies. Or Jar Jar. It would be pretty funny.

17. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    The diolog is just as bad as the OT's and Jar Jar is just as funny/annoying as C3po

18. Chainmail_Jedi

Jan 26, 2013
    nope. That's wrong, just plain wrong. The dialogue in the OT is significantly more advanced than the PT. The Han and Leia dialogue was brilliant, the Padme and Anakin dialogue? not even comparable.

Jar Jar is soooo much worse than 3po. He's racist incarnation of the Jim Crow stereotypes. That's ALOT more annoying than gay little 3po

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Andy Wylde likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL at calling another person's opinion on a work of art "wrong."

Andy Wylde likes this.
  21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Faulkner is rolling in his grave over the fact that he didn't come up with "I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain" and "My hands are dirty too."

22. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    The diolog is just as bad as the OT's and Jar Jar is just as funny/annoying as C3po

--

eh that's subjective.

23. Chainmail_Jedi

Jan 26, 2013
    Oh, and then there's Watto, too. As a Jew, I found that character especially distasteful and anti-Semitic.

24. TheMadHatter

TheMadHatter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2009
    LOL why?

I've never seen any Jew with wings, blue skin and go around betting on pod races

Andy Wylde likes this.
  25. Chainmail_Jedi

Jan 26, 2013
    His accent sounds awfully like the stereotypical Jewish one. And he's stingy and cheap, and has a big nose. Enough said. He's offensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.