main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Is it beleivable?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SithLord-Will, Apr 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Will

SithLord-Will Jedi Master star 3

Mar 2, 2002
    This deals with ANH wich is a wonderful film that I give 284728654725 stars to. But I was thinking about something... Does Carrie Fisher or Mark Hamil play a good 18 year old? I can see Mark...But for some reason, I can't see Carrie Fisher as 18 in that movie (she needs Anti-Giggle tape for gods sake!)

Perhaps this is because Lucas never intended for her and luke to be twins...let alone related?

2. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    I read somewhere that Carrie Fisher was only 19 when ANH was made... but i agree.. she seems very mature in the movie, then again.. how old was padme when she was queen?? maturity is probably more necessary in a political career than it is in being a farm boy from tatooine

3. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    So are you saying a woman's breasts aren't fully developed when she's 18???????

I have breasts and they were. ;)

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Carrie Fisher was born October 21st, 1956, so she was 18-19 when she filmed ANH.

5. La_Capitan

La_Capitan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2003
    You grow up fast being in the senate. You have to act older than your age. Luke did act immature when he said, "but I was going to go into Toche Station and pic up some power converters!" That made him seem young and immature, and so they are both believable people.

6. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Well, they're both now more or less officially 20...which definitely makes Luke look a little overly childish for his age. But then again, Anakin's supposed to be 19 in AOTC, and he has all the social skills of a middle schooler...like father like son, I guess. :)

7. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Carrie was Jusst 18 when cast... Maybe she was mature for her age...

8. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    she needs Anti-Giggle tape for gods sake!

Uh, no comment. 8-}

I suppose she looks 18, just by her general appearance. But when you're part of the senate you have to act more mature, as other people have said. :)

9. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    When you have to deal with the likes of Vader and Tarkin along with the rebellion I am sure you would have to grow up quick.

Plus Bail taught her well.

10. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I always felt Carrie Fisher acted far older than eighteen, but I suppose that can be read as that because of her upbringing, she had to grow up very fast. However, I believe in the original script, George planned on having Leia as being sixteen!

11. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Yea, Mark acted like Luke's age in ANH even though he was 26 years old and Carrie was 18.

12. amien

amien Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2002
    Leia is a more mature character than Luke in ANH. She's a politician, he's a farmer.

13. starwarsfan182

starwarsfan182 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    "(she needs Anti-Giggle tape for gods sake!)"

I think you mean Jiggle, Giggle is a girly laugh, I mean unless she laughed to much as well.

14. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    Heh heh heh... why complain about Leia?
    You do realize Padme wasn't wearing a bra under her white suit in AOTC? ;)

A lesson I've learned from SW...
    Female Senators don't need SUPPORT!
    8-}

Fortunately, that rule only applies in the SW universe! [face_laugh]

15. Krede

Krede Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I think she looks 18-20 in ANH, but in ROTJ she looks MUCH older than just 23-25! I guess it had something to do with her drug addiction.

16. sellars1996

sellars1996 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Giggle/jiggle ... this is not helping me concentrate on working on a Friday afternoon.

DarthSil, I must agree with your point, even though I am not a woman. Eighteen year olds are not generally known for their maturity, but girls mature faster than boys, mentally, emotionally, and physically. I did not think that Carrie Fisher looked too young or old for the part. Maybe it was because I was 7 when it came out, but I don't think I was ever concerned about her breasts in ANH. By the way, poor Carrie Fisher and Leia! I don't think any woman has ever had her breasts scrutinized as much as some of the folks on this board have done.

P.S. Maybe someone can help me on the timeline. Isn't ANH supposed to happen 20 years or so after Episode III? For some reason, I always thought Luke and Leia were 20 years old in ANH.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Most sources say they're 18 in ANH. There is a rumor that the timeline for EP3 will change, and it will start at 19 BBY. If Padmé gives birth to the twins at the end of the movie, then they'll be 18 and a few months old when ANH starts.

18. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    There are other sources that say Luke and Leia are 20 years old due to the fact that the time gap between Episode 3 and ANH will be the same as L & L's ages.

19. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Other sources are canon. Oh yes.

20. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Well, let's see. Ep. III takes place approx. 20 years before ANH. The twins are born during the movie, which I doubt will span over that much time.

Therefore, Luke and Leia are 20 in ANH.

21. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I think Leia is much more mature than Luke. But neither of them seem 19-20. But age doesn't really matter in Star Wars because Padme was supposed to be 14 in TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.